Like Tree77Likes

TLR 8XT

Old 06-19-2020, 04:00 PM
  #1  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 152
Default TLR 8XT

Any news, details, pics or release info? Ryan Dunford mentioned mid summer release maybe, whens mid summer in your neck of the woods TLR?
Never had TLR before and thinking of making the switch, currently running mugen mbx7t still and has been great, just thinking of making a change. Any extra info would be awesome.
Cheers
Burty
burty is offline  
Old 06-21-2020, 02:21 AM
  #2  
Tech Master
iTrader: (25)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Quinby south Carolina
Posts: 1,677
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by burty View Post
Any news, details, pics or release info? Ryan Dunford mentioned mid summer release maybe, whens mid summer in your neck of the woods TLR?
Never had TLR before and thinking of making the switch, currently running mugen mbx7t still and has been great, just thinking of making a change. Any extra info would be awesome.
Cheers
Burty
hopefully they continued testing it the last few months, the truck looked incredible at dnc. Just gotta give it time because this corona virus pandemic has more then likely stopped r&d and future projects that need tracks opened. Hopefully all is good again and we can experience the new updates on both truck and buggy, never would Losi stop there guys from driving and testing if they have the platform to still drive it back yards and test tracks.
Matt Piva is offline  
Old 06-26-2020, 09:52 AM
  #3  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 152
Default

Any one watch the TLR live stream on youtube and facebook? Ryan dunford showed a few teasers and had his truck in the back ground, said the truck was ready, damn carona has obviously slowed things down, waiting patiently.
Rcdad42 likes this.
burty is offline  
Old 06-26-2020, 03:01 PM
  #4  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Disneyland
Posts: 250
Default

Ryan held the truck up on stream(approximately 2:35 minutes)

Tlr eight xt

Tlr eight xt
burty likes this.
Rcdad42 is offline  
Old 06-26-2020, 04:10 PM
  #5  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 152
Default

Never ran TLR before, Ive been running my MBX7T for a long time and im due for a change, I've ran mugen since the msr x5t days and have never had any complaints, Im pretty sure ive made my mind up just need someone to push me over the edge to let me know im not making a mistake.
Good times.
Cheers burty.
burty is offline  
Old 06-27-2020, 09:45 AM
  #6  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Cincinnati, oh
Posts: 872
Default

Iíve been waiting for quite a long time for Losi or Tekno to come out with their new truggy. Basically whoever gets theirs out first is what Iím going to buy. I know the Current truggys are good but I donít wanna buy one and then the new one comes out a month later!
Rcdad42 likes this.
Micah78 is offline  
Old 06-27-2020, 01:25 PM
  #7  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 152
Default

Originally Posted by Micah78 View Post
Iíve been waiting for quite a long time for Losi or Tekno to come out with their new truggy. Basically whoever gets theirs out first is what Iím going to buy. I know the Current truggys are good but I donít wanna buy one and then the new one comes out a month later!
Im pretty keen as well too see whats coming, Tekno has a good platform with the new 2.0 it looks good, Im still going to go TLR though, small details from there 8x elite are pretty appealing to me, good times.
Cheers
Burty
Rcdad42 likes this.
burty is offline  
Old 06-27-2020, 05:09 PM
  #8  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (206)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St Louis
Posts: 8,429
Trader Rating: 206 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by burty View Post
Im pretty keen as well too see whats coming, Tekno has a good platform with the new 2.0 it looks good, Im still going to go TLR though, small details from there 8x elite are pretty appealing to me, good times.
Cheers
Burty
I have been running the Tekno NT48.3 and have been buggy less. Lol I have ran the 8ight series for years but did not go with the new X platform. For me it was a toss up between the 2.0 and Elite buggy. After looking closely at the build in the manual and the cost of any hopups, example castor blocks, I decided on the Tekno.

The downside for me in the X design starts with the knuckles and castor block design. None of the pins are captured. The serpent front is very similar and they did a wonderful job of securing the pins. Losi just screws into the material. I ran the Agama new front end on the old car, same type of non captured design. Screws would fall out all the time. No matter how clean and how much thread lock one would use. I just don't trust the losi design.

The losi truck looked great at DNC and would love to run it. But assuming the truck will have the same design as the buggy, I decided Tekno was a better thought out desgn.
dtr likes this.

Last edited by dodgeguy; 06-28-2020 at 08:02 AM.
dodgeguy is offline  
Old 06-28-2020, 02:11 AM
  #9  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 152
Default

Originally Posted by dodgeguy View Post
I have been running the Tekno NT48.3 and have been buggy less. Lol I have ran the 8ight series for years but did not go with the new X platform. For me it was a toss up between the 2.0 and Elite buggy. After looking closely at the build in the manual and the cost of any popups, example castor blocks, I decided in the Tekno.

The downside for me in the X design starts with the knuckles and castor block design. No of the pins are captured. The serpent front is very similar and they did a wonderful job of securing the pins. Losi just screws into the material. I ran the Agama new front end on the old car, same type of non captured design. Screws would fall out all the time. No matter how clean and how much thread lock one would use. I just dont trust the losi design.

The losi truck looked great at DNC and would love to run it. But assuming the truck will have the same design as the buggy, I decided Tekno was a better thought out desgn.
Good info, something else too think about, would be nice to hear from others with the elite if this has been something of concern. Maybe the truck will be different. We'll soon see. May not be a problem.

Cheers
Burty

Last edited by burty; 06-28-2020 at 02:38 AM.
burty is offline  
Old 06-30-2020, 03:41 PM
  #10  
Tech Elite
 
token's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Aurora, Colorado
Posts: 4,410
Default

Originally Posted by burty View Post
Good info, something else too think about, would be nice to hear from others with the elite if this has been something of concern. Maybe the truck will be different. We'll soon see. May not be a problem.

Cheers
Burty
No concern at all, Never had an issue with any screws falling out. There is a process for installing the King Pin Bolts, and you should not have an issue with them.
token is online now  
Old 06-30-2020, 11:40 PM
  #11  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 152
Default

Originally Posted by token View Post
No concern at all, Never had an issue with any screws falling out. There is a process for installing the King Pin Bolts, and you should not have an issue with them.
Yeh from what i can see online from the elite the setup looks pretty solid to me, hopefully wont be long and i will get to test it out for myself.
Cheers
Burty.
burty is offline  
Old 07-01-2020, 05:05 AM
  #12  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 128
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I cant wait to see that!! Either is the losi or the the associated RC8T3.2!!
inlinesick is offline  
Old 07-08-2020, 05:50 PM
  #13  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (56)
 
kman16jr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tampa,Fl.
Posts: 4,046
Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default All the pics are right here!


just click the photo and click the left arrow.
kman16jr is offline  
Old 07-08-2020, 11:01 PM
  #14  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 152
Default

Originally Posted by kman16jr View Post
https://www.facebook.com/tlraustria/...type=3&theater

just click the photo and click the left arrow.
Looks good, not sure how long those body mounts will last, might be Ryan Dunfords close up pics maybe? Either way, im keen.
Burty.
burty is offline  
Old 07-16-2020, 07:25 PM
  #15  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (46)
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Some where
Posts: 3,109
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kman16jr View Post
https://www.facebook.com/tlraustria/...type=3&theater

just click the photo and click the left arrow.
looks good. can't wait to get my hands on one
NitroLuver is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.