R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   TLR 8XT (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/1067890-tlr-8xt.html)

burty 06-19-2020 04:00 PM

TLR 8XT

Any news, details, pics or release info? Ryan Dunford mentioned mid summer release maybe, whens mid summer in your neck of the woods TLR?
Never had TLR before and thinking of making the switch, currently running mugen mbx7t still and has been great, just thinking of making a change. Any extra info would be awesome.
Cheers
Burty

Matt Piva 06-21-2020 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by burty (Post 15654602)
Any news, details, pics or release info? Ryan Dunford mentioned mid summer release maybe, whens mid summer in your neck of the woods TLR?
Never had TLR before and thinking of making the switch, currently running mugen mbx7t still and has been great, just thinking of making a change. Any extra info would be awesome.
Cheers
Burty

hopefully they continued testing it the last few months, the truck looked incredible at dnc. Just gotta give it time because this corona virus pandemic has more then likely stopped r&d and future projects that need tracks opened. Hopefully all is good again and we can experience the new updates on both truck and buggy, never would Losi stop there guys from driving and testing if they have the platform to still drive it back yards and test tracks.

burty 06-26-2020 09:52 AM

Any one watch the TLR live stream on youtube and facebook? Ryan dunford showed a few teasers and had his truck in the back ground, said the truck was ready, damn carona has obviously slowed things down, waiting patiently.

Rcdad42 06-26-2020 03:01 PM

Ryan held the truck up on stream(approximately 2:35 minutes)
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rct...da0681461f.png
Tlr eight xt
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rct...0f8b91e513.png
Tlr eight xt

burty 06-26-2020 04:10 PM

Never ran TLR before, Ive been running my MBX7T for a long time and im due for a change, I've ran mugen since the msr x5t days and have never had any complaints, Im pretty sure ive made my mind up just need someone to push me over the edge to let me know im not making a mistake.
Good times.
Cheers burty.

Micah78 06-27-2020 09:45 AM

I’ve been waiting for quite a long time for Losi or Tekno to come out with their new truggy. Basically whoever gets theirs out first is what I’m going to buy. I know the Current truggys are good but I don’t wanna buy one and then the new one comes out a month later!

burty 06-27-2020 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Micah78 (Post 15657633)
I’ve been waiting for quite a long time for Losi or Tekno to come out with their new truggy. Basically whoever gets theirs out first is what I’m going to buy. I know the Current truggys are good but I don’t wanna buy one and then the new one comes out a month later!

Im pretty keen as well too see whats coming, Tekno has a good platform with the new 2.0 it looks good, Im still going to go TLR though, small details from there 8x elite are pretty appealing to me, good times.
Cheers
Burty

dodgeguy 06-27-2020 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by burty (Post 15657686)
Im pretty keen as well too see whats coming, Tekno has a good platform with the new 2.0 it looks good, Im still going to go TLR though, small details from there 8x elite are pretty appealing to me, good times.
Cheers
Burty

I have been running the Tekno NT48.3 and have been buggy less. Lol I have ran the 8ight series for years but did not go with the new X platform. For me it was a toss up between the 2.0 and Elite buggy. After looking closely at the build in the manual and the cost of any hopups, example castor blocks, I decided on the Tekno.

The downside for me in the X design starts with the knuckles and castor block design. None of the pins are captured. The serpent front is very similar and they did a wonderful job of securing the pins. Losi just screws into the material. I ran the Agama new front end on the old car, same type of non captured design. Screws would fall out all the time. No matter how clean and how much thread lock one would use. I just don't trust the losi design.

The losi truck looked great at DNC and would love to run it. But assuming the truck will have the same design as the buggy, I decided Tekno was a better thought out desgn.

burty 06-28-2020 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by dodgeguy (Post 15657722)
I have been running the Tekno NT48.3 and have been buggy less. Lol I have ran the 8ight series for years but did not go with the new X platform. For me it was a toss up between the 2.0 and Elite buggy. After looking closely at the build in the manual and the cost of any popups, example castor blocks, I decided in the Tekno.

The downside for me in the X design starts with the knuckles and castor block design. No of the pins are captured. The serpent front is very similar and they did a wonderful job of securing the pins. Losi just screws into the material. I ran the Agama new front end on the old car, same type of non captured design. Screws would fall out all the time. No matter how clean and how much thread lock one would use. I just dont trust the losi design.

The losi truck looked great at DNC and would love to run it. But assuming the truck will have the same design as the buggy, I decided Tekno was a better thought out desgn.

Good info, something else too think about, would be nice to hear from others with the elite if this has been something of concern. Maybe the truck will be different. We'll soon see. May not be a problem.

Cheers
Burty

token 06-30-2020 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by burty (Post 15657820)
Good info, something else too think about, would be nice to hear from others with the elite if this has been something of concern. Maybe the truck will be different. We'll soon see. May not be a problem.

Cheers
Burty

No concern at all, Never had an issue with any screws falling out. There is a process for installing the King Pin Bolts, and you should not have an issue with them.

burty 06-30-2020 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by token (Post 15658843)
No concern at all, Never had an issue with any screws falling out. There is a process for installing the King Pin Bolts, and you should not have an issue with them.

Yeh from what i can see online from the elite the setup looks pretty solid to me, hopefully wont be long and i will get to test it out for myself.
Cheers
Burty.

inlinesick 07-01-2020 05:05 AM

I cant wait to see that!! Either is the losi or the the associated RC8T3.2!!

kman16jr 07-08-2020 05:50 PM

All the pics are right here!

just click the photo and click the left arrow.

burty 07-08-2020 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by kman16jr (Post 15662242)
https://www.facebook.com/tlraustria/...type=3&theater

Looks good, not sure how long those body mounts will last, might be Ryan Dunfords close up pics maybe? Either way, im keen.
Burty.

NitroLuver 07-16-2020 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by kman16jr (Post 15662242)
https://www.facebook.com/tlraustria/...type=3&theater

looks good. can't wait to get my hands on one