Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree91Likes

TLR 8XT

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2022, 06:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I haven't ran it yet, but I am pleased. They feel solid and look good. The battery sits 4-5mm lower i'd say, and ya can remove all electronics super easily. I threw in some 2wd packs just to see, it looks/feels awesome I can't wait for winter to end to try it out. I ended up using the 2.0 right side guard as well and shaving the lower part of the radio box rather than cut the guard. If ya have a drill and an exacto that's all ya need really to do this.

Old 12-18-2022, 11:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yeah there's no right or wrong way to do the right sideguard. I tried both ways and preferred the stock one with a notch. Looks good - youll probably need to hit those screw ends poking through the battery tray on left guard with a dremel or use ~1-2mm shorter screws. The tiny protrusion makes the batteries not sit flat.
Old 12-19-2022, 08:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Licklobster
Yeah there's no right or wrong way to do the right sideguard. I tried both ways and preferred the stock one with a notch. Looks good - youll probably need to hit those screw ends poking through the battery tray on left guard with a dremel or use ~1-2mm shorter screws. The tiny protrusion makes the batteries not sit flat.
Totally, shorter screws are on the way.
Old 01-30-2023, 02:15 PM
Tech Regular

New year new season. Our opener is next weekend. Hoping for great things this year.
Old 02-04-2023, 02:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Designed this wing brace for the XT and 8ight-X 2.0. I've broken a few of the plastic horizontal hexagon upper supports. I've marked a GREENLINE where I've snapped mine due to the right and left sides of the wing wanting to bend and slide inwards. My brace prevents this, and also adds support to the horizontal shafts so they don't snap like mine have. I've made 2 braces one that uses the stock supports and another that use our replacement aluminum ones. Let me know what you think? Anyone else break one in the same area as I have?

Old 02-07-2023, 08:09 PM
Tech Regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DQJvomqwis

A main from our last weekend. Had fast lap, but some unfortunate tangles with traffic and finished third a couple seconds back (I qual'd 2nd). New layout for 23, everyone's first time driving it.
silence360 likes this.
Old 02-08-2023, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DQJvomqwis

A main from our last weekend. Had fast lap, but some unfortunate tangles with traffic and finished third a couple seconds back (I qual'd 2nd). New layout for 23, everyone's first time driving it.
That wagon wheel is gnarly... Do yall water the track?
Old 02-10-2023, 09:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Working on my bump steer after the last day of driving I was told my set up was a little wrong, I just run a 2 (maybe 3mm) spacer under the Ackerman but I do have a slight high angle from the Ackerman to the spindle. Do u guys try and get the turning link level when the arms are level?
Old 02-12-2023, 05:21 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by token
That wagon wheel is gnarly... Do yall water the track?
It received mixed reviews. We're probably going to take out the center jump and just make it an in/out - it's too slow and causes pileups.

No water most of the time, dirt in hawaii is like nowhere else in the world. It's rocky and jagged because it's volcanic and doesnt pack or hold water well. Even when we water, the track is completely bone dry in 5 minutes on a hot day. Also pretty windy being right on the water, we had a few gusts blow people off the course going over the back triple haha
Old 02-12-2023, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Matt Piva
Working on my bump steer after the last day of driving I was told my set up was a little wrong, I just run a 2 (maybe 3mm) spacer under the Ackerman but I do have a slight high angle from the Ackerman to the spindle. Do u guys try and get the turning link level when the arms are level?
The standard setup is 2mm under the drag link and 2mm on the ackerman. Seems like you are spending alot of time on bump steer. Not a whole lot you can do there. What are you looking for? What setup are you running?
Old 02-14-2023, 12:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token
The standard setup is 2mm under the drag link and 2mm on the ackerman. Seems like you are spending alot of time on bump steer. Not a whole lot you can do there. What are you looking for? What setup are you running?
that’s the info I needed, I wasn’t running 2mm on the drag link, just a 2mm under the Ackerman. That’s why I have an angle. My dumbass put 4mm under the drag link yesterday 😂 I will redo it all and put the other 2mm out on the spindle and all should be correct.I also meant to post this in buggy section as I’m talking about the buggy* hopefully they both have that same set up of 2mm on both sides of the link.
Old 04-24-2023, 05:35 AM
Tech Regular

3 months away from home for work and now i''m finally back at it. New bodies trimmed and mounted - not sure if i'll be able to get used to the bruggy look (i hate it) but they're faster then the truck bodies. Next race mid may, got some freshening up and testing to do before then.
Old 04-24-2023, 03:12 PM
Tech Master

Well unfortunately we finished 5th. Got plowed over a few times by traffic but thats just how it is. Turned the 3 fastest laps of the A which is what really matters including a 30.x lap. Truck is good.

Whats the track dirt like there?

Last edited by petersen114; 05-03-2023 at 02:24 PM.
Old 04-24-2023, 03:28 PM
Tech Regular

Volcano dirt. Ever seen like red landscaping rocks? Imagine that ground down into tiny pebbles. It's very rocky consistency, doesnt pack well, doesnt hold water well, and very hard - but we do what we can! Dedicated bunch of guys that keep it in good shape.
petersen114 likes this.

Last edited by Licklobster; 04-24-2023 at 03:45 PM.
Old 04-25-2023, 11:57 AM
Tech Master

Volcano dirt. Ever seen like red landscaping rocks? Imagine that ground down into tiny pebbles. It's very rocky consistency, doesnt pack well, doesnt hold water well, and very hard - but we do what we can! Dedicated bunch of guys that keep it in good shape.
Yea I was thinking that. Definitely got to be interesting. I bet it’s rough on a chassis.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.