Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

GRP tyres

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2020, 01:22 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Arctic RC
Tried another tread pattern today, GRP Cubic.
Aka gridiron II or holeshots are similar to the tread of Cubic. Also a more responsive tire than Plus.
Ran it in soft compound with the same setup on the car that I had when I ran the plus tire and I really likes this Grp Cubic tires.

Cons:
Wears faster than Plus.
Less grip if you are in the dust.

Pros:
More precise, easier to put the car where you want it.
Less differance during the whole tire life, you notice the tyre wear on lap times rather than the behaviour of the car on the track.
They will handle a 60 min main but then they are done.
They will give the car more rotation in the corners if you set up your car that way. Plus will be more locked in.

Hope this helps!
Hey Arctic, this is great great info as I have long wondered about the competitiveness of grp tyres. Please keep posting any findings you may have.
Old 03-06-2022, 11:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Ran the grp easy in the a compound was comparing them head to head to proline hole shots in X4 super soft long wear lap times were virtually identical 10th year or a 10th there depending on how I hit a jump or messed up a corner.... I'm going to buy a set in the x compound which is their softest comparable to a ProLine M3 and will report back one thing I noticed is the grps have more tread left on them after about 60 laps each set. I really like the rims are very soft which I believe adds to their grip especially if you're running on a bumpy track like I am
Old 03-08-2022, 01:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mebolson
Who is selling GRP online in the US?
We have been working with GRP directly in development of some new tires. We've also been running them across the mountain west with great results. I think the GRP rubber is some of the best out there, wear and grip is great. We've ran them at indoor horse arenas (Contact) to outdoor rocky abrasive tracks (Plus and Cubic) to DNC last week. $25 for a pair of pre-glued 1/8 buggy tires is a great deal!

https://klinikrc.com/shop-1/ols/categories/grp-tires
Evoking1230 and MX304 like this.
Old 03-10-2022, 12:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tony Newland
We have been working with GRP directly in development of some new tires. We've also been running them across the mountain west with great results. I think the GRP rubber is some of the best out there, wear and grip is great. We've ran them at indoor horse arenas (Contact) to outdoor rocky abrasive tracks (Plus and Cubic) to DNC last week. $25 for a pair of pre-glued 1/8 buggy tires is a great deal!

https://klinikrc.com/shop-1/ols/categories/grp-tires
Tony, would you consider adding a description on the site for each tire page, like which tire works on what surface as well as a compound chart for those that can't tell by just looking at the tread pattern?
Old 03-10-2022, 01:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Evoking1230
Tony, would you consider adding a description on the site for each tire page, like which tire works on what surface as well as a compound chart for those that can't tell by just looking at the tread pattern?
Yes absolutely, I actually have some descriptions, just need to make time to add them
Evoking1230 likes this.
Old 03-24-2022, 09:25 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

So giving these tires a look as a possible option if I do 1/8 scale again.

Is there a chart something that kind of breakdown the compound in comparison to the popular compounds from Proline, AKA, and / or Jconcepts?

The track I am looking at attending they mention the following tires are popular:

AKA: (Soft and Long Wear soft)
-Gridiron
- Double Down

JCONCEPTS (Blue and whatever is long wear like a Blue)
- Kosmos
- Chasers
- Reflex

PROLINE (m3, S3, X3)
- Holeshots
- Fugitives
- Blockades

In general the conditions basically dry out pretty fast.
Old 03-25-2022, 11:42 AM
Tech Adept

We use them extensively for off road, the Cayman and Plus models in medium/long wear and we are very happy!
They never unglue and they have very nice grip and wear characteristics..