Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Help to Identify this Buggy...?? >

Help to Identify this Buggy...??

Like Tree1Likes

Help to Identify this Buggy...??

Old 02-13-2020, 08:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Help to Identify this Buggy...??

CfHello sorry if this isn't in the correct place, I have guessed that it might be a 'Nitro Off Road' buggy..??

I'm just wondering if there's anyone on here that can identify this RC Buggy, I have no clue about RC Models and I found this in the loft of a recently purchased house... So I thought I'd ask here if anyone knows, unfortunately there are no other marking on the car that I can see so this is all I have at the moment, the Tyres have 'Crime Fighter' written on them...

I dont know if it works or anything at the moment but it would be a good little side project if I can try and get it restored to its former glory

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Cheers

Phil

[img]file:///storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.samsung.android.app.notes/files/share/0/clipdata_200213_161630_183/14.jpg[/img]

[img]file:///storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.samsung.android.app.notes/files/share/0/clipdata_200213_161630_183/17.jpg[/img]
Old 02-13-2020, 04:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You didn't upload the images properly. You've got img tags linking to your phone's file system.
Old 02-13-2020, 11:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Ahhh sorry, I seem to be having trouble doing this, every time I attach a pic and hit reply, i get the following message -

"You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made a certain number of posts. You have not reached that limit yet."

As far as I know I'm not posting a URL, I'm just trying to attach my pictures...???
Old 02-14-2020, 03:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigfellaPhil View Post
Ahhh sorry, I seem to be having trouble doing this, every time I attach a pic and hit reply, i get the following message -

"You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made a certain number of posts. You have not reached that limit yet."

As far as I know I'm not posting a URL, I'm just trying to attach my pictures...???
you must become a member and so many post before you can post any pictures, sure a mod knows the numbers but it is posted in the for sale section on rules on pics
Old 02-14-2020, 11:26 PM
Tech Rookie

I thought that might be the reason, ok thank you for your reply.

Well, I suppose I could ask other questions on here to increase my post number then once I hit the correct amount of post I'll attach the pictures, in the meantime, I have attached a picture as my Avatar, although it's so small I doubt it's much use to anyone.

Generally, the Buggy seems in working order, there are no ceased parts that I can find and when I switch the switch on, the Buggy seems to react to the Electrical current so I'm confident it'll work. The Transmitter, however, doesn't work the batteries had been left in it and leaked.

So I guess my 1st question would be, is it possible to get a new transmitter that will work on this Buggy, do I need to identify what Buggy it is first, or will any Transmitter work??
Old 02-15-2020, 03:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Pictures will help us a lot, pm me and I’ll give you my email, so you can send pics.
10racer likes this.
Old 02-15-2020, 04:00 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hairymuffin View Post
Pictures will help us a lot, pm me and Iíll give you my email, so you can send pics.
+1
Old 02-16-2020, 11:56 AM
Tech Rookie

Ok, Hairymuffin has identified the Buggy as a 'Hong Nor/OFNA' so thanks again to all the replies and to Hairymuffin for helping, no doubt I'll have loads more questions in the coming weeks.
Old 02-16-2020, 12:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Here it is

Old 02-16-2020, 01:14 PM
Tech Rookie

So I guess my 1st questions should be is it any good, how old is it and can I still get parts for it, is so, is it worth it...how much would it be to get it looking half decent...??
Old 02-17-2020, 09:23 AM
Tech Addict

Looks to be a Jammin X1CRT. Could easily be 10 years old and parts will likely be difficult to source as it has been out of production for a long time.
Old 02-17-2020, 03:52 PM
Tech Adept

get ya some Simple Green spray cleaner and a medium bristle brush or old tooth brush and go over it, go lightly on the servos but may need new ones anyway. clean it well and see if you can clean it, motor could be siezed but try it. Simple Green is the go too brand cleaner for RC. GoodLuck with that old beast. keep posting.
Old 02-18-2020, 01:08 PM
Tech Rookie

Great, thanks for the replies, I'll do a bit of researching now I know what model it is I've got. I do have a 3D Printer and a CNC Machine so theres a possibility I could use them to help me if I cant get parts but I've also seen some x1 CRT's on Ebay so I could possibly get one and use parts from that too.

Cheers everyone!
Old 02-18-2020, 01:48 PM
Tech Master

+1 on the x1crt theres alot of parts compatability beteen the x2 crt,mutilator.,and nexx8t . parts ...check RC Willpower.
Old 02-18-2020, 01:51 PM
Tech Master

I think the Mutilator and x1 have the same chasie length but dont hold me to that
Mutilator has pivot ball front suspention

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.