R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Let the silly season begin (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/1051169-let-silly-season-begin.html)

MadMick 09-30-2019 04:18 PM

Let the silly season begin

End off year silly season 2019
It's that time of the year again guys were drivers leave one company and join a new one too found that perfect brand that suits them let's hear your thoughts on who will leave who to go to a other brand.
Let the silly season begin

MadMick 09-30-2019 04:22 PM

Masami Hirosaka parts way with Yokomo

1/8 IC Fan 09-30-2019 05:21 PM

Well, whatever happens, i sure hope he does not end up with Creation Model / Infinity....

TurnNBurn 10-01-2019 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan (Post 15519897)
Well, whatever happens, i sure hope he does not end up with Creation Model / Infinity....

If the speculation is true about new ownership only caring about the facilities and not the model business itself, who else is going to pick it up? Not saying it’s a good thing, but if true, Yokomo’s lineup would certainly round out CM’s product line across all major classes in the hobby with minimal overlap (EP TC). It would be a shame for the BD-9 to go away, but then again, maybe the BD-9 would become the new IF14?

Soeaking of which, will CM lure anyone in 1/8th buggy? I didn’t even know they had one until I saw the RCGP announcement the other day. They’ve been throwing money around like nobody’s business in the other Nitro classes... will they strong arm 1/8th buggy too, or will their investment in RCGP be the extent of it?

1/8 IC Fan 10-01-2019 11:39 AM

CM doesnt have a buggy yet. Their drivers have been running whatever chassis the chose to for the past 3 plus years.

Granted im biased, but i think he would do well at Mugen.

Id like to see Masami end up where he can do more of....

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rct...621cfa07c0.jpg

TurnNBurn 10-01-2019 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan (Post 15520407)
CM doesnt have a buggy yet. Their drivers have been running whatever chassis the chose to for the past 3 plus years.

Granted im biased, but i think he would do well at Mugen.

Id like to see Masami end up where he can do more of....

Well, if they don’t, I have a feeling that will will soon - I wonder if they are running some kind of Frankenstein buggy until they finish designing their own? There must be some reason they signed onto RCGP.

Fearo 10-01-2019 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by TurnNBurn (Post 15520454)

Well, if they don’t, I have a feeling that will will soon - I wonder if they are running some kind of Frankenstein buggy until they finish designing their own? There must be some reason they signed onto RCGP.

I believe at the last RCGP they ran a prototype car for the first time (don't know if they used it the entire
​​​​​​ event) and apparantly it looked very much like a Mugen/AE.

MaricopaAgent 10-02-2019 08:24 AM

I'm no betting on big driver changes. I see some reductions coming tho.

And TLR needs another US top driver.

TurnNBurn 10-02-2019 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by MaricopaAgent (Post 15520927)
I'm no betting on big driver changes. I see some reductions coming tho.

And TLR needs another US top driver.

I agree - they need to bolster that lineup - Dakotah is like a One Man Gang out there! Where are the other top drivers? And before that, it was just him and Dustin making the A’s at big events as far as the regular Pros go. Personally, I’d love them to either sign someone pretty big, or call up any promising prospects from the B team.

blktransam 10-02-2019 01:39 PM

Tyler Jones would be my pick to ad to the "pro team" for TLR he has put in soo much work and is stupid fast even without the "pro" team support

flap jack 10-03-2019 05:10 AM

Does Ty leave Xray?

RandyJones 10-03-2019 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by blktransam (Post 15521165)
Tyler Jones would be my pick to ad to the "pro team" for TLR he has put in soo much work and is stupid fast even without the "pro" team support

Would love to see it happen!! He’s put it in their ear that he’s willing and ready to do it full time if given the chance!

MadMick 10-04-2019 04:58 AM

There alot talks going on behind the scean. Here in Australia too drivers changing

fantomdude 10-08-2019 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by RandyJones (Post 15521985)

Would love to see it happen!! He’s put it in their ear that he’s willing and ready to do it full time if given the chance!

He won Psycho and didn't he beat Tanner at Nats?

RandyJones 10-08-2019 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by fantomdude (Post 15524581)
He won Psycho and didn't he beat Tanner at Nats?

Yes he did. He was the highest finishing TLR car in the hour final. He finished 6th. After it was said and done, he could have been faster in final but went with a safe tire choice.