Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Anyone know if an 8ight X truggy is in the works? >

Anyone know if an 8ight X truggy is in the works?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Anyone know if an 8ight X truggy is in the works?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2019, 06:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Originally Posted by iplaygames
Might want to ask some Pro's why thats NOT true.... considering I own the 4.0 and have been given the chance to drive a few X's it was disspointing, all i got from the owners were frustration. The X the Pros are using has longer front arms with new chub's and knuckles. The suspension geometry doesnt suit the design. Was going to say something about fanboying TLR but i think the Racers using TLR these days really shows where they are at.

Have to agree, at my local track couple guys run them but they don’t really seem to love them. I bought one when they first came out and the rear diff was a pain to take out, but ultimately it did not fit my driving style. Also add in the price of parts and the kit with no discount codes and made it hard for me to justify. In any case does not really matter what say we as up to TLR and with really no market for a Truggy I don’t see them in a big hurry to release one.
Old 09-11-2019, 03:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mickey_B

Have to agree, at my local track couple guys run them but they don’t really seem to love them. I bought one when they first came out and the rear diff was a pain to take out, but ultimately it did not fit my driving style. Also add in the price of parts and the kit with no discount codes and made it hard for me to justify. In any case does not really matter what say we as up to TLR and with really no market for a Truggy I don’t see them in a big hurry to release one.
If there isn’t one, maybe there will be soon... Don’t know if you heard yet, but it was just announced today that Gil Losi Jr. is rejoining TLR in a consultory role. He will be working directly with the design team to work on the “next generation of wehicles”. 🙂 Personally, I’ve always been an Associated guy, but I still couldn’t help but smile when I saw this news.
Micah78 likes this.
Old 09-12-2019, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by iplaygames
Might want to ask some Pro's why thats NOT true.... considering I own the 4.0 and have been given the chance to drive a few X's it was disspointing, all i got from the owners were frustration. The X the Pros are using has longer front arms with new chub's and knuckles. The suspension geometry doesnt suit the design. Was going to say something about fanboying TLR but i think the Racers using TLR these days really shows where they are at.
Clearly you don't speak to or for ANY Pros and have not driven the car.... ijs. The car is better than the 4.0 in EVERY way, period.... Easy to talk crap about something you dont own or have not worked on. ijs
Old 09-12-2019, 01:29 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by token
Clearly you don't speak to or for ANY Pros and have not driven the car.... ijs. The car is better than the 4.0 in EVERY way, period.... Easy to talk crap about something you dont own or have not worked on. ijs
why didnt you just say "im a fanboy sorry" wouldve been much easier for us to understand.