Like Tree30Likes

Tekno NB48 2.0

Hide Wikipost
Old 09-10-2019, 04:53 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno NB48 2.0
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester

Old 10-10-2019, 10:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Has anyone bought the mud guards for the rear arms yet ?

If if so what is the recommended screw size for them.

thanks
Old 10-10-2019, 10:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
I remember a black friday deal they had at one point where PT Racing basically matches AEs price special at the time oz to oz. I think AE had like a $2.50 oil price going on or something like that. Got me into PT racing that way and have been happy with there shock oils, still run AE for diffs due to higher weight options.
PT has 30k diff oil. How much higher do you need?
Old 10-10-2019, 10:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shady3275 View Post
Has anyone bought the mud guards for the rear arms yet ?

If if so what is the recommended screw size for them.

thanks
M3x8 is the longest that will fit.
Shady3275 likes this.
Old 10-10-2019, 12:43 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 259 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Big Will View Post
PT has 30k diff oil. How much higher do you need?
I like to stay with the same brand and use it for both 1/10 and 1/8, so can go all the way up to 1 million for 1/10 4wd center diff here. but stuff like 200K common enough yokomo includes it in the box for there center diff kit.

Outside of that though, I like there oils for the shocks.
Old 10-10-2019, 10:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Anyone know where i can get some stainless or titanium chassis protection plates from...i know its early days but
our track is super aggressive and will wear out the chassis in no time time
Old 10-10-2019, 10:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by tobamiester View Post
You can buy a bag of em here https://www.mcmaster.com/91287a014 (same thing as I understand).
Shame your McMaster people won't ship outside the US (or even to a forwarding address)-quoting restrictions by the US trade and commerce dept.
Well lots of other companies ship overseas so not sure what their issue is...was going to go through their stock and build up a "free to take" screw bank at my club for all those common screws and bolts you need but never have....ho hum..shame
Old 10-10-2019, 11:59 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nitrorig View Post
Shame your McMaster people won't ship outside the US (or even to a forwarding address)-quoting restrictions by the US trade and commerce dept.
Well lots of other companies ship overseas so not sure what their issue is...was going to go through their stock and build up a "free to take" screw bank at my club for all those common screws and bolts you need but never have....ho hum..shame
Yes, had the same here to Norway, regards from Trump?
Old 10-11-2019, 05:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Old 10-11-2019, 05:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 206 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shady3275 View Post
How many shims are yíall having to use on the outside of the clutch bell ?

Manual is showing one after the clutch nut and one on the end of the clutch bell, Iíve done 4 on the end of the bell and still have more play with the bell and bearing on outside of the clutch bell than I think I should, anyone else having this ?
On the truggy with a Reds Scuderia I had to use a ton of shims. I have been running a complet losi clutch and bell on my truck for a year because I had a bunch of clutch stuff left over. Decided to run the tekno clutch on the new engine and dang what a shiming mess it is. I've also always ran an os based engine and wonder if the Reds crank is just a little shorter. Good to know I wasn't the only one with an issue.
Old 10-11-2019, 06:54 AM
Tech Adept

Using different colletts will affect that too. Tekno calls for using ONLY their collett, but if you use a different brand clutch you made need a different collett as well.
Old 10-11-2019, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dodgeguy View Post
On the truggy with a Reds Scuderia I had to use a ton of shims. I have been running a complet losi clutch and bell on my truck for a year because I had a bunch of clutch stuff left over. Decided to run the tekno clutch on the new engine and dang what a shiming mess it is. I've also always ran an os based engine and wonder if the Reds crank is just a little shorter. Good to know I wasn't the only one with an issue.
The Tekno clutch is basically the Losi clutch so it was most likely the difference in engines.
Micah78 likes this.
Old 10-11-2019, 09:48 PM
Tech Rookie

Has anyone here had issues with the fuel tank clunk? Today is my first day running the car and the clunk has kinked several times, even once after I added a longer piece of shrink wrap. Just curious if itís happened to others.
Old 10-11-2019, 10:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sp88 View Post
Has anyone here had issues with the fuel tank clunk? Today is my first day running the car and the clunk has kinked several times, even once after I added a longer piece of shrink wrap. Just curious if itís happened to others.
I copied what Danny posted on FB.

Hi guys, we are aware of this. The solution right now is to not crash . For real though, best thing to do is to replace the internal fuel line with thicker line. The DuBro 2243 line is what we've used for this. We are working with the factory on this now.
If any of you hear or see someone that this is happening to, please let them know about this and that we are working on it. Thanks.
MaricopaAgent likes this.
Old 10-12-2019, 04:39 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Matthew_Armeni View Post
I copied what Danny posted on FB.

Hi guys, we are aware of this. The solution right now is to not crash . For real though, best thing to do is to replace the internal fuel line with thicker line. The DuBro 2243 line is what we've used for this. We are working with the factory on this now.
If any of you hear or see someone that this is happening to, please let them know about this and that we are working on it. Thanks.
thanks for the reply
Old 10-12-2019, 05:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrorig View Post
Originally Posted by Tigergutt View Post

Yes, had the same here to Norway, regards from Trump?

I went through the same Spiel in the 90's ordering from Europe to the US... they would not ship to the US

Maybe you guys should look here at WŁrth: https://eshop.wuerth.de/is-bin/INTER...nalDrive%22%5D

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service