Like Tree128Likes

Tekno NB48 2.0

    Hide Wikipost
Old 09-10-2019, 04:53 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno NB48 2.0
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: tobamiester

Old 11-02-2019, 11:42 PM
  #181  
Tech Master
iTrader: (74)
 
Propchecku37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: WA
Posts: 1,501
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Shady3275
Is anyone else using a Lipo on/off switch on their buggy?

If so where are you mounting it with this new electronic/radio tray design and running your wires? Iím using the Protek RC lipo switch, trying to decide where I need to mount it.
If you have pics to share that would be great
Iíve seen a couple of other guys already posted about this and I mounted mine the same way with no problems.
Propchecku37 is offline  
Old 11-03-2019, 12:20 AM
  #182  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (30)
 
fiveoboy01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Waunakee, WI
Posts: 927
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

I have the same switch and it is mounted in the same spot.

Only thing to watch for is be sure the wires arenít pinched or being pulled on.

Shoe Goo or RTV works well for mounting it securely but enables you to remove it fairly easily if needed.
fiveoboy01 is offline  
Old 11-03-2019, 08:32 AM
  #183  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (33)
 
Spads11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 1,305
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Is anyone also having trouble with the emulsion seals? Mine did not fit into the cap very well. I'm going to try some leftover Kyosho emulsion seals to see if they fit and work better.
Spads11 is offline  
Old 11-03-2019, 08:37 AM
  #184  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (33)
 
Spads11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 1,305
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Otherwise, build went flawlessly. No missing parts and clear manual. Car has some great design features on it to prevent common failures in c hubs. I really like the engenuity built into this car. My first run with the car, few practice laps, went well before my emulsion seals gave way and oil leaked out of the vent hole. Car has a ton of turn in the my Xray did not have - that took a couple of laps to get used to not turning into pipes. Car jumps nicely and flat with little to no inputs. I ran the stock setup as I wanted a base to start from. More practice laps to come today and this week. So far, I'm impressed with the way the car handles with the stock setup.
artis1 likes this.
Spads11 is offline  
Old 11-03-2019, 08:49 AM
  #185  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (360)
 
tobamiester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tea drinking Limmey in NJ
Posts: 12,396
Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Spads11
Is anyone also having trouble with the emulsion seals? Mine did not fit into the cap very well. I'm going to try some leftover Kyosho emulsion seals to see if they fit and work better.
There is a knack to installing the seals. When you install em, they're bigger than the groove they sit in. What I do is grease them a little, then you kind of push down opposite sides, into the groove, and then you'll have adjacent parts of the oring sticking up. Then basically tighten down on the shock body and it will be pushed into place. Once you've bled the shock; put in the bleed screw and pump the shock 20-30 times. if its not seated properly you'll know.
tobamiester is offline  
Old 11-03-2019, 09:36 AM
  #186  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (33)
 
Spads11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 1,305
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

I'll give that a shot. I was pushing one side in (that I could fit a part of my finger and it left a large part sticking up.
Spads11 is offline  
Old 11-03-2019, 02:25 PM
  #187  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (30)
 
fiveoboy01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Waunakee, WI
Posts: 927
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Same problem here, same solution, push one side down so two sides 180 degrees apart are seated in the groove, install cap. No leaks for me.

It did make me check a couple times to make sure I had the right o-rings!
Spads11 likes this.
fiveoboy01 is offline  
Old 11-03-2019, 04:05 PM
  #188  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (33)
 
Spads11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 1,305
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by fiveoboy01
Same problem here, same solution, push one side down so two sides 180 degrees apart are seated in the groove, install cap. No leaks for me.

It did make me check a couple times to make sure I had the right o-rings!
I checked like 5 times!!!
fiveoboy01 likes this.
Spads11 is offline  
Old 11-03-2019, 09:20 PM
  #189  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Dubai, UAE
Posts: 57
Default



This was the solution recommended for those shock cap o rings
Originally Posted by Spads11
Otherwise, build went flawlessly. No missing parts and clear manual. Car has some great design features on it to prevent common failures in c hubs. I really like the engenuity built into this car. My first run with the car, few practice laps, went well before my emulsion seals gave way and oil leaked out of the vent hole. Car has a ton of turn in the my Xray did not have - that took a couple of laps to get used to not turning into pipes. Car jumps nicely and flat with little to no inputs. I ran the stock setup as I wanted a base to start from. More practice laps to come today and this week. So far, I'm impressed with the way the car handles with the stock setup.
Had the same problem on the 48.4...this was recommended as the solution to getting those o-rings in
Spads11 and Bigv like this.
nitrorig is offline  
Old 11-04-2019, 04:05 AM
  #190  
Tech Adept
 
erc55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: sao paulo , brasil
Posts: 243
Default Steering limiter

The manual says to use one washer and screw on the spindle as steering limiter

but all the setups posted dont use limiters... why is that?

Last edited by erc55; 11-04-2019 at 04:05 AM. Reason: Spelling
erc55 is offline  
Old 11-04-2019, 04:28 AM
  #191  
Tech Adept
 
nodrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 142
Default

here's how I mounted my on/off switch, nice and clean with easy access with the body on.

tobamiester and Propchecku37 like this.
nodrog is offline  
Old 11-04-2019, 04:34 AM
  #192  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
speedy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: europe
Posts: 4,046
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by erc55
The manual says to use one washer and screw on the spindle as steering limiter

but all the setups posted dont use limiters... why is that?

..Because we all like more steering, but they all use the screw at first....

Last edited by speedy2; 08-20-2020 at 02:02 AM.
speedy2 is offline  
Old 11-05-2019, 03:12 AM
  #193  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Dubai, UAE
Posts: 57
Default

I know it's early days but is there any other body shell options yet ??
nitrorig is offline  
Old 11-05-2019, 04:42 AM
  #194  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 17
Default

Originally Posted by nodrog
here's how I mounted my on/off switch, nice and clean with easy access with the body on.

this is how I set mine up too
Cain likes this.
sp88 is offline  
Old 11-05-2019, 05:45 AM
  #195  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (30)
 
fiveoboy01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Waunakee, WI
Posts: 927
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nitrorig
I know it's early days but is there any other body shell options yet ??
Leadfinger has one out. Not sure if itís available for purchase yet, but theyíve released pictures.
fiveoboy01 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.