Run 8ight X or upgrade current

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By xlrsd
  • 1 Post By Matt Piva

Run 8ight X or upgrade current

Old 08-30-2019, 07:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Run 8ight X or upgrade current

I have the RTR version of the 8ight and have been running it for about a year now with a few necessary upgrades.
I really want to build a new buggy, but donít know if itís overkill to purchase the X kit and am unsure if throwing some upgrades at the RTR will scratch that itch to build. I only run around my neighborhood and around local random spots if I find them and havenít gotten into any competitive racing nor do I see myself having the time, but that doesnít mean I shouldnít run a nice setup does it?

How close to the 8ight X could I get the RTR kit?
Would it be worth time and money to upgrade the RTR kit to that extent or would i be better off going with the X?

Any input is much appreciated!
Old 08-30-2019, 09:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I personally donít believe getting the RTR version, regardless of how many upgrades you give it, will be anything near the eight X kit. It is literally so far above and beyond the RTR, you would end up replacing the almost every part to get it to eight X standard.
frewster likes this.
Old 08-31-2019, 03:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I just looked up 8ight x rtr and canít find one so Iím going to assume that what you have is based off the 4.0 or previous gen 8s. If thatís the case donít try n upgrade your buggy, you would literally be buying the 8 x kit piece by piece by the time your done getting it upgraded. Although the 1.0-4.0 share a lot of interchangeable parts the X is completely a new buggy down to the screw (one is metric one is standard) so really you canít upgrade that.

If your not racing and donít wanna spend a lot but want something better and something to build then pic up an old 4.0 kit thatís left over, Iím sure they are out there still priced at a ridiculous low price from losi blowing them out and all your 8ight rtr parts could be used as back up Incase u break something. Not to mention every hop up part is nearly 70% off these days (rear aluminum hubs are $20 bucks use to be $50-$70 and the tuning kit went from $300 all the way down to a crazy $60!!)

If you plan on racing or having the best available tech in the 8 lineup then go pic up and X kit cause itís actually a very good car and losi is continuing to make it better with new option parts and better setups coming down from the team guys.

Or or if I just wanna build something tear your car down and clean everything part by part, maybe get a bag of hop up parts to install.
frewster likes this.