Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree365Likes

Kyosho MP10T

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2020, 09:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The M2C mount is very nice and the motor stays in when you pull the diff.

You could also use the MP9e Evo battery mount but you will need to do some drilling. It sets the battery lower. The older battery tray may not need an drilling to the chassis to mount up...
https://www.kyoshoamerica.com/IF516-...o_p_25354.html

This is the RX box for the e version with the servo mount...
https://www.kyoshoamerica.com/IF504B...E_p_25657.html
RCDaddy2105 likes this.
Old 10-22-2020, 07:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Arcain41
The M2C mount is very nice and the motor stays in when you pull the diff.

You could also use the MP9e Evo battery mount but you will need to do some drilling. It sets the battery lower. The older battery tray may not need an drilling to the chassis to mount up...
https://www.kyoshoamerica.com/IF516-...o_p_25354.html

This is the RX box for the e version with the servo mount...
https://www.kyoshoamerica.com/IF504B...E_p_25657.html
Thanks. Have you done this conversion already? Like to see some closeup pics. Need to see where the dremel work is required. Not critical, just more confidence inspiring.
Old 10-23-2020, 12:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcindia
Thanks. Have you done this conversion already? Like to see some closeup pics. Need to see where the dremel work is required. Not critical, just more confidence inspiring.
I have not... I do have the MP9e Evo, MP10 and 10T. I started with a MP9e TKi3 and have been upgrading or adding ever since. MP9e was converted to Nitro when I got the Evo. Now the 9 is just parts but I can check fitment. I'll see what I can get for you.
rcindia likes this.
Old 11-01-2020, 05:34 PM
Tech Regular

Any specific weak points or issues to watch out for if one is actively racing club level. Exp is advanced beginner. What are the most common spares to carry to a weekend race? I mostly carry arms, Driveshafts, spur gear and other plastics for the Mugen. Sadly my LHS or local tracks do not support Kyosho
Old 11-01-2020, 06:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Any specific weak points or issues to watch out for if one is actively racing club level. Exp is advanced beginner. What are the most common spares to carry to a weekend race? I mostly carry arms, Driveshafts, spur gear and other plastics for the Mugen. Sadly my LHS or local tracks do not support Kyosho
Shock towers... A guy at my track bent the front one pretty badly.
Old 11-01-2020, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by frewster
Shock towers... A guy at my track bent the front one pretty badly.
thats impressive as the truggy towers are pretty thick. buggy on the other had seem to bend due to the opening at the top of the tower
rcindia and Galatians2 20 like this.
Old 11-01-2020, 06:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I put the truck through a lot of abuse this year learning to hit the track competitively.
I would recommend:
- a set of arms for front and rear
- a set of hubs front and rear (I’ve upgraded to aluminum all around and like them)
- 1-2 bulkheads (diff housing)
The front shock tower is good to have on hand but I only just slightly bent one my last race when I went of a jump and nose first into a light pole at the end of the track (don't ask I was hitting that section great all day and don’t know what happened that last one) I was still able to use it for another race the next day at a different track.
rcindia likes this.
Old 11-01-2020, 06:50 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Galatians2 20
I put the truck through a lot of abuse this year learning to hit the track competitively.
I would recommend:
- a set of arms for front and rear
- a set of hubs front and rear (I’ve upgraded to aluminum all around and like them)
- 1-2 bulkheads (diff housing)
The front shock tower is good to have on hand but I only just slightly bent one my last race when I went of a jump and nose first into a light pole at the end of the track (don't ask I was hitting that section great all day and don’t know what happened that last one) I was still able to use it for another race the next day at a different track.
Thanks a lot!!
Old 11-24-2020, 10:29 AM
Tech Regular

Due to lack of local spare and setup support, I decided to give up my MP10T and brought a RTR Mugen instead . Was much easier to drive compared to my older MBX7T. Have it posted on sale section if anyone is interested.
Old 11-25-2020, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

Due to lack of local spare and setup support, I decided to give up my MP10T and brought a RTR Mugen instead . Was much easier to drive compared to my older MBX7T. Have it posted on sale section if anyone is interested.

So, I'm curious... What type of support do racers look for? Why I ask is, I hear a lot of people choosing certain brands because they have better support. If we have been doing this long enough to know what adjustments to make to change a certain handling characteristic, what more support is needed? All tracks and driving styles are different, so there is no need to copy someone else on their setup. There are enough youtube videos and RC forums to get advice, so why does support have to make or break a brand? It almost sound like an excuse. I understand this being an issue for a rookie off the street, but not if you have been doing this for at least a year.

I'm not intending to offend anyone, I'm actually quite curious. Maybe it's just me. I started racing in the 80's where support only came from other racers or RC Car Action and RC Modeler Magazines. Well, RC Car action didn't come out until the 90's, but you get my point.
petersen114 likes this.
Old 11-25-2020, 10:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by OffRoadJunkie
So, I'm curious... What type of support do racers look for? Why I ask is, I hear a lot of people choosing certain brands because they have better support. If we have been doing this long enough to know what adjustments to make to change a certain handling characteristic, what more support is needed? All tracks and driving styles are different, so there is no need to copy someone else on their setup. There are enough youtube videos and RC forums to get advice, so why does support have to make or break a brand? It almost sound like an excuse. I understand this being an issue for a rookie off the street, but not if you have been doing this for at least a year.

I'm not intending to offend anyone, I'm actually quite curious. Maybe it's just me. I started racing in the 80's where support only came from other racers or RC Car Action and RC Modeler Magazines. Well, RC Car action didn't come out until the 90's, but you get my point.
I cant speak for rcindia but he might be talking more about local spare parts availability. I can understand that part of it because Kyosho seems to be down in popularity compared to years ago. I might be biased but I feel the MP10T is superior to every other truggy out there especially on a smaller tighter track. I have driven many brands and nothing else has the corner speed of the MP10T. I kind of agree with the setup part of it. There doesnt seem to be much out there but the box stock setup isnt far off.
Old 11-25-2020, 10:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by baumel
I cant speak for rcindia but he might be talking more about local spare parts availability. I can understand that part of it because Kyosho seems to be down in popularity compared to years ago. I might be biased but I feel the MP10T is superior to every other truggy out there especially on a smaller tighter track. I have driven many brands and nothing else has the corner speed of the MP10T. I kind of agree with the setup part of it. There doesnt seem to be much out there but the box stock setup isnt far off.

Parts support I totally understand. That has always been an issue with Kyosho. Back before the internet, I remember having to wait 2-3 weeks to have my part delivered. I shopped with Tower Hobbies quite a bit. Yes, I was a Towers Hobbies Member.

I have always like Kyosho, except for the mid to late 90s when they seemed to just copy what everyone else did. I really wish that Kyosho would look and act like they are wanting to be more involved with the racing scene. Heck, they haven't updated their "NEWS" section of their web page for over 3 years. \

I haven't had a chance to play with their new nitro stuff. There's not too many places around here to drive them due to the noise complaints. However, I'm waiting for the MP10T-E to come out. I'm also waiting to see if they are coming out with any new 4wd and 2wd race buggies soon.
Old 11-25-2020, 03:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by baumel
Can you compare to serpent? I love my SRX8 evo buggy and a lot of things I like about it are included in the truggy, but I mostly drive on a small track.
Old 11-25-2020, 05:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by wely324
Can you compare to serpent? I love my SRX8 evo buggy and a lot of things I like about it are included in the truggy, but I mostly drive on a small track.
I briefly drove my buddies serpent truggy but it was a while back so it may not have been the current model. I do remember it felt lazy compared to the new kyosho truggy. It's hard to believe that there is a truggy that has more rotation than the mp10t. Jeremy Whiting can give you a more detailed opinion.
Old 11-25-2020, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wely324
i can tho.. i was with serpent for 10 years drove most of the serpent buggys and truggy.. hands down i am faster with the mp10 and mp01t.. i found the serpent was good but had its moments of what the heck was that and just was bad to drive in a 30 min main.. the k cars seem to be very consistent every main.. me and baumel race a lot together.. we chat weekly. we snowmobile together. heck we jut are good friends from racing toy cars over the last 8 years. we work together on set ups and push each other to go faster.. some days he wins some days i win. with this crazy 2020 year parts are a tick behind due to restrictions and so fourth.. but in the end the k cars are solid and are right in the mix racing.. budgets dictate pro racers.. is a pro racer going to help the average joe? probably with some good pointers or tricks. reno has several facebook videos and live chats on the k cars that are really good. cj jelin is still in high school but has some good info out there also.. would it help out if we posted videos on topics of concern? maybe join the facebook kyosho page?

as for small tight tracks the mp10t is great. truggy has a ton of steering and a lot of times i can turn under buggies in practice.. my serpents could not do that.. the evo was a good car but nothing like the 10 series for kyosho.. i try my best to answer as many questions as i can. if i miss some send me a pm.. jeremy
Galatians2 20 likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.