Search
Like Tree4Likes

Nitro Rc build

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2019, 10:49 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Nitro Rc build

Hi
i'm kind off new to rc-cars and would like to get a unbuilt kit. I have however been unable to find any kits that include everything, so i wondered if any of you guys could help me.
Cheers
Old 07-28-2019, 12:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

You wont find that anywhere. You must piece it together yourself.
petersen114 likes this.
Old 07-28-2019, 04:02 PM
Tech Master

Yep^^^^
Old 07-29-2019, 03:56 AM
Tech Rookie

Really?
So i basically have to buy all the components and piece them together without a manual or anything?
Old 07-29-2019, 04:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by sivert23
Really?
So i basically have to buy all the components and piece them together without a manual or anything?
you will buy a kit that comes with everything to build your vehicle as a roller. A roller is the vehicle minus the nitro engine, radio, servos, and receiver battery. The kit will come with a manual that tells you how to build your roller step by step. Then it’s up to you to decide which nitro engine you want to run. Which radio you want to use and which servos you want to get.
Old 07-29-2019, 04:32 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Micah78

you will buy a kit that comes with everything to build your vehicle as a roller. A roller is the vehicle minus the nitro engine, radio, servos, and receiver battery. The kit will come with a manual that tells you how to build your roller step by step. Then it’s up to you to decide which nitro engine you want to run. Which radio you want to use and which servos you want to get.
Ah i see, thank you, i've seen quite a few of those kits, but most of them seem to be racing grade and really expensive. Thought i'd start with something a bit cheaper
Old 07-29-2019, 04:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Ah i see, thank you, i've seen quite a few of those kits, but most of them seem to be racing grade and really expensive. Thought i'd start with something a bit cheaper
if you’re looking for something a little bit cheaper, Losi seems to be the only one offering a nitro powered vehicle that is RTR or Ready To Run. The RTR vehicles come already assembled with a nitro engine, radio, and servos. There used to be a lot more choices as far as brands and vehicles that are nitro powered. With the introduction of lipo batteries and brushless motors electric is now the go to power source and far more popular. Nitro is basically around for the racers and hard core enthusiasts who enjoy the nitro engine aspect of it. That’s why as far as nitro goes, you mostly only see the more expensive kits centered around racing. If you’re going to get into nitro it really is worth it to get good equipment from the start. Losi is a good brand and their RTR 8ight vehicles are a good place to start.
Old 07-29-2019, 05:39 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Micah78

if you’re looking for something a little bit cheaper, Losi seems to be the only one offering a nitro powered vehicle that is RTR or Ready To Run. The RTR vehicles come already assembled with a nitro engine, radio, and servos. There used to be a lot more choices as far as brands and vehicles that are nitro powered. With the introduction of lipo batteries and brushless motors electric is now the go to power source and far more popular. Nitro is basically around for the racers and hard core enthusiasts who enjoy the nitro engine aspect of it. That’s why as far as nitro goes, you mostly only see the more expensive kits centered around racing. If you’re going to get into nitro it really is worth it to get good equipment from the start. Losi is a good brand and their RTR 8ight vehicles are a good place to start.
I see, i'll have a look at the Losi 8ight, if not i'll just have to go electric i guess
Old 07-29-2019, 05:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

I see, i'll have a look at the Losi 8ight, if not i'll just have to go electric i guess
Electric is definitely easier than nitro. You just charge the batteries and go. To me, and a lot of others, nitro is more fun. You don’t get the sound and smell of burning nitro fuel when running an electric vehicle. It is also very rewarding when you get a good tune on your nitro engine and your vehicle is just ripping around and it’s because of the setup/tune that you have. I also like to run electric. You can run an electric vehicle more places because it is silent and doesn’t draw attention or bother anyone. Nitro vehicles are more of a “Motorsport” because you are actually running/ tuning a real engine.
Old 07-29-2019, 06:24 AM
Tech Lord

The manual will tell you how to build the clutch and mount the motor, electronics etc
Micah78 likes this.
Old 07-29-2019, 08:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)
Default Kyosho RTR

Kyosho has a RTR based on the MP9 that in my opinion is a better value than the losi, and if you order from Tower Hobbies you can do the EZ pay plan where you can pay for it over 3 payments.
Micah78 likes this.
Old 07-29-2019, 09:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I would go Hobao for a RTR nitro buggy. Or maybe Sworkz or Hong Nor if they sell their RTR where you live.
Micah78 likes this.
Old 07-29-2019, 11:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The Kyosho MP9 TKI4 hand down
https://www.amainhobbies.com/kyosho-...014t1b/p802663

I saw it at our local track, and after a few setup changes it was keeping up with the 8ight-X, AE, Serpent with no problems. Eventually I would upgrade the servos and radio.

I know it defeats the purpose of building a kit, but if you are really looking into building a race kit then you will have to purchase all the components separately.
Old 07-31-2019, 09:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

You could find a package deal in the for sale threads. Or find a local track’s social media group and ask around there.
Old 08-18-2019, 08:00 AM
Tech Adept

After I built my nitro buggy I had the itch to build another kit but didn’t wanna drop that kinda cash again. I opted for a tamiya on road tt-02 kit. It was fun to build and I think it was only about $120 for kit with motor, and esc. All I had to add was servo, esc, paint and battery. Again it’s all about what your looking for and what your budget allows. It’s not race quality but I think those kits are great for beginners, just to see if you like it before you drop a lot of money on a nitro race kit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.