Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
I'm Back from the Dead. >

I'm Back from the Dead.

I'm Back from the Dead.

Old 07-26-2019, 12:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default I'm Back from the Dead.

It has been a long time, but I'm glad to be back to rc racing.

However..

What happened to 1/10 nitro? Been looking about and it seems it died out shortly after I stopped racing. I think its time for it to make a comeback. Am I the only one thinking this?
Old 07-26-2019, 08:14 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wolf16731 View Post
It has been a long time, but I'm glad to be back to rc racing.

However..

What happened to 1/10 nitro? Been looking about and it seems it died out shortly after I stopped racing. I think its time for it to make a comeback. Am I the only one thinking this?
It's dead. A couple tracks around the US race 1/10 nitro truck. That's about it. Would love to see it come back. 1/10 e-truggy is the current new class people seem to be picking up. More manufacturers need to buy into it, though.
Old 07-26-2019, 01:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

That is a shame. 1/10 nitro truck was an oddly innovative class, and didn't cost as much as 1/8 nitro buggy to get into to have some good old nitro fun.

It would probably take a bunch of racers to bring them back out again regularly to get the interest back up and going again, but sadly it seems that the only new nitro stadium trucks you can get are Traxxas as far as growing that class goes. Doesn't look like even the HPI Firestorm 10T is readily available.

I did notice that Traxxas does have a 2wd nitro Slash, and that AE made an attempt a while back with the SC10GT. Its a shame that didn't catch on, I would race an SC10GT in a heartbeat!

During my short stay in Florida this summer I did get to see one of those little baby truggies blasting around on the track. I was impressed by how nimble it was, looked like it was pinging off crack or something, lol.

Maybe when I get to Louisiana in a few weeks I'll have to bust out the MT2 short course conversion I have and make some noise at the tracks lol. Tired of 1/8 scale getting all the nitro fun.
Old 07-28-2019, 02:02 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

1/10 nitro on road is still going

off road not much, i love my t5m converted to nitro. chassis modded for flywheel slot and engine mount along with rc10gt2 parts.
there is a facebook page about this from the guy who designed it. He is working on a 6 or 6.1 conversion now. I'll pick one up when it is ready.
I take mine to the track and show it off and run it some, I am hoping other ppl see it and gain some interest.Trying to do my part to keep nitro alive.

I've got a nitro slash that i drive around the back yard, the 3.3 engine with the plastic pipe is surprisingly quiet. neighbors hardly hear it.

have fun and welcome back
Old 07-29-2019, 10:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

I would be interested in checking out that 6.1 conversion. If you have more info on where I could find it, I would appreciate it.