Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
MP9 TKI4 Center Diff >

MP9 TKI4 Center Diff

MP9 TKI4 Center Diff

Old 07-04-2019, 07:37 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default MP9 TKI4 Center Diff

Hello, I hope someone can help me out. I recently pulled my center diff to check the oil. I found the diff had only 2 bevel gears in it. I bought some new gears and pins and installed them. The problem is the diff does not want to spin freely with all 4 spider gears. Iíve pulled it apart several times and double checked my work no luck. I put back the 2 spider gears and itís a little rough as well. Anyone had the same issue? And how do you fix it. Thanks!
Old 07-05-2019, 03:31 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ceh329 View Post
Hello, I hope someone can help me out. I recently pulled my center diff to check the oil. I found the diff had only 2 bevel gears in it. I bought some new gears and pins and installed them. The problem is the diff does not want to spin freely with all 4 spider gears. Iíve pulled it apart several times and double checked my work no luck. I put back the 2 spider gears and itís a little rough as well. Anyone had the same issue? And how do you fix it. Thanks!
I've had a similar experience due to overtightening of the diff case. try loosening the screws a bit and see if it helps.
Old 07-10-2019, 07:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

How many shims are behind your spider gears? Should only be 1 behind each. No shims behind sun gears. Also, double check that there isn't any debris behind any of the gears. (had this happen once)