Search
Like Tree19Likes

Nitro Fever

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2019, 07:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iplaygames
im on my 14th year of nitro... nitro is worse than kids. however if you spend max coin on o.s, good servos and good quality gear etc its much better on the brain

Yes i've learned a hard lesson on this especially in rc, if you're semi serious into racing, there's a noticeable amount of difference between low quality and high quality equipment.

like a saying i read on here:

cry once and get good shit or cry multiple times of cheap before u get to good stuff.
Old 05-28-2019, 01:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iplaygames
im on my 14th year of nitro... nitro is worse than kids. however if you spend max coin on o.s, good servos and good quality gear etc its much better on the brain
I dont fly rc with anything but O.S. on the small stuff but I cant and wont buy them for rc buggy and truggy. Theres several less expensive alternatives. Novarossi is an excellent engine with great service after the sale. They're very popular at our track. One of our truggy racers who is consistently in the top five uses a Dynamite 21, the $110 one. He's getting 10 minutes between pits.
Micah78 and Goof like this.
Old 05-28-2019, 04:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You don't have to spend a ton of money on engines for them to be reliable these days. I raced for a few seasons with a $60 Go engine (the TrackStar/HK one) and it was perfectly fine. Held a tune and ran well. Not a ton of power, but relatively fuel efficient and plenty for my skill at the time.
snowninja and Goof like this.

Last edited by frewster; 05-28-2019 at 08:47 PM.
Old 06-08-2019, 08:49 PM
Tech Adept

I see more people moving toward electric because it’s easier. But I’m going to stick with nitro, the sound of it, the smell of the fuel, tuning, pit stops, it’s what makes the racing real !

Nitro racing, we go in the pits to make sure we didn’t destroy our clutch after the last run because our car was hitting the straight away like a screaming banshee. Electric they hit the pits because they have to recharge their battery. I’ve seen to many lipos smoke, pop, or catch fire to make me wanna run an electric
Old 06-09-2019, 05:07 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Shady3275
I see more people moving toward electric because it’s easier. But I’m going to stick with nitro, the sound of it, the smell of the fuel, tuning, pit stops, it’s what makes the racing real !

Nitro racing, we go in the pits to make sure we didn’t destroy our clutch after the last run because our car was hitting the straight away like a screaming banshee. Electric they hit the pits because they have to recharge their battery. I’ve seen to many lipos smoke, pop, or catch fire to make me wanna run an electric
lipos 99% of the time only let go because of user error you're nearly just as likely to have a lipo rx fail, alot of people just let them bang around in the box, dont balance them etc etc.
Friends that have gone to electric say they want more racing and will return when we see RCGP style format come in, the electric 1/8 races here have all gone to a modified Reedy format. Reedy format for electric is awesome and something nitro needs to use but adjust of course. 1 30min semi every two years to determine if you even make the final is bad - lets not get into the stupid 10 day event.