Wiki Posts
Search

Mbx8 arms on an Mbx4

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2019, 07:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Mbx8 arms on an Mbx4

I retrofitted my mbx4RR with Mbx8 lower arms because I can't find parts, drive the car and it still drives great and jumps the same. What you guys think?

Old 04-26-2019, 09:59 PM
Tech Master

If it works it works!
Old 04-28-2019, 04:27 AM
Tech Initiate

I had the original mbx4 that was sitting for 6 years, decided to take it out to see if it still worked. The motor was gummed up so I dropped some marvel mystery oil in it and charged the receiver pack. Well the motor ran like a top and the pack took a charge. 🤷🏼Wouldn't you know 2nd tank of fuel, I broke the front arm, arm mount, hinge pin, and shock shaft. Well that was fast and a light tap to boot. Friend found me one for sale cheap and I picked it up for spare parts, well when it came it was an RR and everything arm related was different 🤷🏼. Transferred everything to the RR and another 2 tanks and the servo horn broke off a jump sending it into a curb with another broken arm. I researched it a little and for 60 bucks in parts and a little reengineering of my gearbox the whole thing fit. Now that I have arms I can replace, 2 tanks of fuel got me no broken car. Figures 🤷🏼. Gonna run it around a little more and if it's good I'll cut the chassis to make it shaped more like the mbx8 and get rid of the extra holes.
Old 04-29-2019, 07:16 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

I wonder if MBX8T arms will work on my MBX6T...
Old 04-30-2019, 04:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Be cool as hell if it did. Worth a shot. Probably need to upgrade the Gearboxes as well
Old 05-01-2019, 09:23 AM
Tech Initiate

There was a guy on here selling an mbx7 with all mbx8 arms. If you guys like I'll measure the width of the arms where the hinge pins go. You'll probably have better luck going from the 6 then I did from the 4 because you guys already use those arm lower arm mounts.

Got an mbx7t on its way to me and I'm gonna see if the mbx8 gearboxes fit in it. If they do I'll let you guys know. 👍🏼

Oh yeah and so far the car is good. And the arms are strong as hell. Glad I got it to work. I break the rear arms I'll retrofit the back. It looks easier and less modification to the gearbox.
Old 05-02-2019, 02:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Git-er-done.