Like Tree7Likes

Truggy Nitro kit

Reply

Old 04-09-2019, 11:10 AM
  #1  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 369
Default Truggy Nitro kit

In the market for new truggy kit. open to suggestions.
lighttravler is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 01:21 PM
  #2  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: RC Track
Posts: 341
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by lighttravler View Post
In the market for new truggy kit. open to suggestions.
Do you want the most expensive one or cheapest one? Bashing or racing? Budget?

Either way my crystal ball suggests this

https://www.amainhobbies.com/mugen-s...ge2023/p859634
sebtarta is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 01:32 PM
  #3  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Arizona
Posts: 39
Default

TLR 8ight T 4.0
GripTLR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 02:36 PM
  #4  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

MBX8T or NT48.3
Cardiak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 02:54 PM
  #5  
Tech Master
iTrader: (67)
 
Goof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Spokane wa
Posts: 1,117
Trader Rating: 67 (99%+)
Default

If u like different try agama lutz and Billy are super cool and just smashed it at psycho Nitro blast
raylesk and Jomo918 like this.
Goof is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 05:43 PM
  #6  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 369
Default

Price does not matter. Those 3 you guys just spoke on are the 3 I was looking into. Been told for years that tekno hands down quality top notch. I been watching threads saying TLR coming out with a new one so was kind of waiting on that. Mugen is new to me. I would say bashing/ racing nothing crazy just for my enjoyment nothing competition
lighttravler is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 05:46 PM
  #7  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 369
Default

Trying to find a home for clock 28-7t from Neal i have had for the past 6 years. Just sitting was going to put in a GT but kind of lost interest.
lighttravler is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 06:40 PM
  #8  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Cincinnati, oh
Posts: 728
Default

Iím wanting to do the same thing. I ruled out the TLR because it had all American hardware. All my tools are metric. Iíve got a lot of nice Hudy drivers for my electric drill and hand tools. I donít want to buy all new stuff just because I bought a Losi. I also have lots of spare hardware which is all metric. I hear the new X is metric, but that doesnít mean crap for the 4.0.

I like the Quality of Serpent but the support seems to suck. You can go to Serpent USA website and they are always out of stock on half the stuff they sell.

Tekno seems solid. Everyone has lots of nice things to say about them. They have a new version of their buggy, but not the truggy yet.

Mugen seems solid as well. I read lots of nice things about them. Their truggy is a brand new version, not likely to change anytime soon.

Associated? I donít know. The stuff I read about them is guys are always switching out parts for parts from other trucks. Not something I would want to fool with.

The new Lutz brand, Agama I think itís called? Whatever. Like Serpent, parts and kits arenít widely available. Iíve been burnt by ďnewĒ brands in the past. I have a Sportwerks truggy. It was all the rage when it first came out. It worked well for me. Now you canít find parts for it cause the brand was dropped for some reason. Whereís Agama gonna be in a couple years? Hopefully going strong, but Iím not gonna be in on it this early.
Micah78 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 06:48 PM
  #9  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (6)
 
savage24x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 250
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Micah78 View Post
Iím wanting to do the same thing. I ruled out the TLR because it had all American hardware. All my tools are metric. Iíve got a lot of nice Hudy drivers for my electric drill and hand tools. I donít want to buy all new stuff just because I bought a Losi. I also have lots of spare hardware which is all metric. I hear the new X is metric, but that doesnít mean crap for the 4.0.

I like the Quality of Serpent but the support seems to suck. You can go to Serpent USA website and they are always out of stock on half the stuff they sell.

Tekno seems solid. Everyone has lots of nice things to say about them. They have a new version of their buggy, but not the truggy yet.

Mugen seems solid as well. I read lots of nice things about them. Their truggy is a brand new version, not likely to change anytime soon.

Associated? I donít know. The stuff I read about them is guys are always switching out parts for parts from other trucks. Not something I would want to fool with.

The new Lutz brand, Agama I think itís called? Whatever. Like Serpent, parts and kits arenít widely available. Iíve been burnt by ďnewĒ brands in the past. I have a Sportwerks truggy. It was all the rage when it first came out. It worked well for me. Now you canít find parts for it cause the brand was dropped for some reason. Whereís Agama gonna be in a couple years? Hopefully going strong, but Iím not gonna be in on it this early.
Serpent has a new truggy in the works... was supposed to be this spring... but now we have no idea! lol
savage24x is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 08:01 PM
  #10  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
frewster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 251
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Agama has been around for years. They're not old but they're also not new and age means nothing in RC. Just ask Hobbico about that.

As for Associated... their 1/8s were dated and they hadn't released a new design in ages until they decided to make the RC8B3 by taking an MBX7R, adding some blue anodizing, and calling it a day.
frewster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 11:35 PM
  #11  
Tech Initiate
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 37
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Micah78 View Post
Iím wanting to do the same thing. I ruled out the TLR because it had all American hardware. All my tools are metric. Iíve got a lot of nice Hudy drivers for my electric drill and hand tools. I donít want to buy all new stuff just because I bought a Losi. I also have lots of spare hardware which is all metric. I hear the new X is metric, but that doesnít mean crap for the 4.0.

I like the Quality of Serpent but the support seems to suck. You can go to Serpent USA website and they are always out of stock on half the stuff they sell.

Tekno seems solid. Everyone has lots of nice things to say about them. They have a new version of their buggy, but not the truggy yet.

Mugen seems solid as well. I read lots of nice things about them. Their truggy is a brand new version, not likely to change anytime soon.

Associated? I donít know. The stuff I read about them is guys are always switching out parts for parts from other trucks. Not something I would want to fool with.

The new Lutz brand, Agama I think itís called? Whatever. Like Serpent, parts and kits arenít widely available. Iíve been burnt by ďnewĒ brands in the past. I have a Sportwerks truggy. It was all the rage when it first came out. It worked well for me. Now you canít find parts for it cause the brand was dropped for some reason. Whereís Agama gonna be in a couple years? Hopefully going strong, but Iím not gonna be in on it this early.




agama has been around for a while and it isnít going anywhere anytime soon.
raylesk and Jomo918 like this.
Mykwillis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 08:08 AM
  #12  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (9)
 
Jomo918's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Jax, FL
Posts: 394
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Hahaha Agama is just getting started... they just keep getting better and better!
raylesk likes this.
Jomo918 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 09:00 AM
  #13  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Arizona
Posts: 39
Default

Originally Posted by Micah78 View Post
Iím wanting to do the same thing. I ruled out the TLR because it had all American hardware. All my tools are metric. Iíve got a lot of nice Hudy drivers for my electric drill and hand tools. I donít want to buy all new stuff just because I bought a Losi. I also have lots of spare hardware which is all metric. I hear the new X is metric, but that doesnít mean crap for the 4.0.

I like the Quality of Serpent but the support seems to suck. You can go to Serpent USA website and they are always out of stock on half the stuff they sell.

Tekno seems solid. Everyone has lots of nice things to say about them. They have a new version of their buggy, but not the truggy yet.

Mugen seems solid as well. I read lots of nice things about them. Their truggy is a brand new version, not likely to change anytime soon.

Associated? I donít know. The stuff I read about them is guys are always switching out parts for parts from other trucks. Not something I would want to fool with.

The new Lutz brand, Agama I think itís called? Whatever. Like Serpent, parts and kits arenít widely available. Iíve been burnt by ďnewĒ brands in the past. I have a Sportwerks truggy. It was all the rage when it first came out. It worked well for me. Now you canít find parts for it cause the brand was dropped for some reason. Whereís Agama gonna be in a couple years? Hopefully going strong, but Iím not gonna be in on it this early.
I don't know why you asked for suggestions when you have clearly formed opinions about every brand out there? You seem to want a Mugen or possibly a Tekno...
GripTLR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 10:12 AM
  #14  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
frewster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 251
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by GripTLR View Post
I don't know why you asked for suggestions when you have clearly formed opinions about every brand out there? You seem to want a Mugen or possibly a Tekno...
That's not OP.
frewster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 11:07 AM
  #15  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 369
Default

I have a rcb83 buggy the first one. Before all the diffs and shims and faulty gas tank. So yeah Iím on the fence about TS. I know Neal told me years ago get a tekno it is a tank. So serpent has 1 in the works you say... we all know Magen is good. So just keep ideas coming just being patient before I spend the money on a truggy for the clockwork 28-7t
lighttravler is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service