Like Tree7Likes

Truggy Nitro kit

Old 04-09-2019, 11:10 AM
Tech Regular

Default Truggy Nitro kit

In the market for new truggy kit. open to suggestions.
Old 04-09-2019, 01:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lighttravler View Post
In the market for new truggy kit. open to suggestions.
Do you want the most expensive one or cheapest one? Bashing or racing? Budget?

Either way my crystal ball suggests this

https://www.amainhobbies.com/mugen-s...ge2023/p859634
Old 04-09-2019, 01:32 PM
Tech Initiate

TLR 8ight T 4.0
Old 04-09-2019, 02:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

MBX8T or NT48.3
Old 04-09-2019, 02:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (99%+)

If u like different try agama lutz and Billy are super cool and just smashed it at psycho Nitro blast
raylesk and Jomo918 like this.
Old 04-09-2019, 05:43 PM
Tech Regular

Price does not matter. Those 3 you guys just spoke on are the 3 I was looking into. Been told for years that tekno hands down quality top notch. I been watching threads saying TLR coming out with a new one so was kind of waiting on that. Mugen is new to me. I would say bashing/ racing nothing crazy just for my enjoyment nothing competition
Old 04-09-2019, 05:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trying to find a home for clock 28-7t from Neal i have had for the past 6 years. Just sitting was going to put in a GT but kind of lost interest.
Old 04-09-2019, 06:40 PM
Tech Addict

Iím wanting to do the same thing. I ruled out the TLR because it had all American hardware. All my tools are metric. Iíve got a lot of nice Hudy drivers for my electric drill and hand tools. I donít want to buy all new stuff just because I bought a Losi. I also have lots of spare hardware which is all metric. I hear the new X is metric, but that doesnít mean crap for the 4.0.

I like the Quality of Serpent but the support seems to suck. You can go to Serpent USA website and they are always out of stock on half the stuff they sell.

Tekno seems solid. Everyone has lots of nice things to say about them. They have a new version of their buggy, but not the truggy yet.

Mugen seems solid as well. I read lots of nice things about them. Their truggy is a brand new version, not likely to change anytime soon.

Associated? I donít know. The stuff I read about them is guys are always switching out parts for parts from other trucks. Not something I would want to fool with.

The new Lutz brand, Agama I think itís called? Whatever. Like Serpent, parts and kits arenít widely available. Iíve been burnt by ďnewĒ brands in the past. I have a Sportwerks truggy. It was all the rage when it first came out. It worked well for me. Now you canít find parts for it cause the brand was dropped for some reason. Whereís Agama gonna be in a couple years? Hopefully going strong, but Iím not gonna be in on it this early.
Old 04-09-2019, 06:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Micah78 View Post
Iím wanting to do the same thing. I ruled out the TLR because it had all American hardware. All my tools are metric. Iíve got a lot of nice Hudy drivers for my electric drill and hand tools. I donít want to buy all new stuff just because I bought a Losi. I also have lots of spare hardware which is all metric. I hear the new X is metric, but that doesnít mean crap for the 4.0.

I like the Quality of Serpent but the support seems to suck. You can go to Serpent USA website and they are always out of stock on half the stuff they sell.

Tekno seems solid. Everyone has lots of nice things to say about them. They have a new version of their buggy, but not the truggy yet.

Mugen seems solid as well. I read lots of nice things about them. Their truggy is a brand new version, not likely to change anytime soon.

Associated? I donít know. The stuff I read about them is guys are always switching out parts for parts from other trucks. Not something I would want to fool with.

The new Lutz brand, Agama I think itís called? Whatever. Like Serpent, parts and kits arenít widely available. Iíve been burnt by ďnewĒ brands in the past. I have a Sportwerks truggy. It was all the rage when it first came out. It worked well for me. Now you canít find parts for it cause the brand was dropped for some reason. Whereís Agama gonna be in a couple years? Hopefully going strong, but Iím not gonna be in on it this early.
Serpent has a new truggy in the works... was supposed to be this spring... but now we have no idea! lol
Old 04-09-2019, 08:01 PM
Tech Regular

Agama has been around for years. They're not old but they're also not new and age means nothing in RC. Just ask Hobbico about that.

As for Associated... their 1/8s were dated and they hadn't released a new design in ages until they decided to make the RC8B3 by taking an MBX7R, adding some blue anodizing, and calling it a day.
Old 04-09-2019, 11:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

agama has been around for a while and it isnít going anywhere anytime soon.
raylesk and Jomo918 like this.
Old 04-10-2019, 08:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hahaha Agama is just getting started... they just keep getting better and better!
raylesk likes this.
Old 04-10-2019, 09:00 AM
Tech Initiate

I don't know why you asked for suggestions when you have clearly formed opinions about every brand out there? You seem to want a Mugen or possibly a Tekno...
Old 04-10-2019, 10:12 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by GripTLR View Post
I don't know why you asked for suggestions when you have clearly formed opinions about every brand out there? You seem to want a Mugen or possibly a Tekno...
That's not OP.
Old 04-10-2019, 11:07 AM
Tech Regular

I have a rcb83 buggy the first one. Before all the diffs and shims and faulty gas tank. So yeah Iím on the fence about TS. I know Neal told me years ago get a tekno it is a tank. So serpent has 1 in the works you say... we all know Magen is good. So just keep ideas coming just being patient before I spend the money on a truggy for the clockwork 28-7t

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service