Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
HPI Trophy Truggy 4.6 >

HPI Trophy Truggy 4.6

HPI Trophy Truggy 4.6

Old 04-01-2019, 10:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? HPI Trophy Truggy 4.6

Hello guys, i have HPI Trophy Truggy 4.6 nitro off-road which i haven't been using for 6 years or so. Eventually i wanted to run it once again so i disassembled the engine. Cleaned all the parts, piston, sleeve, crankshaft, bearings, carburetor... But the problem here is when i was trying to take the sleeve out, i scratched it a lil bit. My friend's father who is auto-repairer fixed it by grinding it gently. Then we oiled the parts and assembled back. I tried to start the engine with my 6 years old fuel. Which i succeeded it on rich carb settings. The problem here is i can't get a performance. Engine's performance is like %50 or sth. I tried to tune and at some point the performance was like %80-85 which is not too bad for me but it didn't last long. (like %50-60 of the fuel tank) And every tank, at the end of the tank car reaches almost the %90-100 performance. But only at the end of the tank. I bought a new fuel and it is %25, i was using %20 before.

So what might be the problem, first i thought i damaged the engine but i saw a satisfying performance for a bit even with the 6 years old fuel. And as i said car reaches almost the top speed at the and of the tank while the engine is about to die.