• 2 Post By sebtarta
  • 2 Post By Roelof
  • 2 Post By Matt Piva
  • 1 Post By sebtarta
  • 1 Post By gacjr0

Who makes the best Nitro Buggy ?

Old 02-24-2019, 02:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Who makes the best Nitro Buggy ?

Hi guys , Im new to the forum. Ive been in and out of the RC world for many years and now Im getting back into it. Ive bought a few cars and done some upgrades to them but for some reason I still have the itch to buy more lol .... I own the traxxas Xmaxx 8s , Arrma Typhon 6s , losi mini 8ight t running on 2s for now , and a nitro redcat shockwave.

My brother and buddys have been buying a new car once a week,I feel like but everyone seems to be buying the same cars or trucks wich is the losi 8ight truggy and buggy.

MY QUESTIONS IS : Who makes the best RTR nitro Truggy and or Buggy. We do not run on a track we bash them in the woods , on fields or in the road. Im looking to see who makes a fast strong rtr nitro car that can hang or beat the losi 8ight truggy and buggy

Old 03-01-2019, 10:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

best RTR for racing is subjective. That goes between the TLR RTR buggy/truggy or the Kyosho MP9 TKI4 Readyset.

As for bashing, also subjective. Try a Traxxas or Aarma or the like
Old 03-01-2019, 11:28 AM
Tech Addict

Serpent is good

https://www.amainhobbies.com/serpent...600003/p262180
J.Whiting and savage24x like this.
Old 03-01-2019, 12:26 PM
Tech Lord

It is more a matter of who can setup and drive any buggy as he best buggy.
J.Whiting and 1/8 IC Fan like this.
Old 03-01-2019, 01:13 PM
Tech Elite

↓↓↓
Old 03-01-2019, 03:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

If i were to buy a rig simply to have the best basher out of your buddies I would just get someone’s used truggy on here that’s a package deal! Lots of losi 4.0s for sale. Look for good sellers with history and read threw a bunch of different rigs for sale to find what you need! RTR after upgrading servos towers and the front and rear hubs spindles/carriers and the engine (stock engine and servos don’t hold up to heavy abuse) your investment could be close to someone who’s trying to blow out there stuff for the new X. Plenty of them are sponsored drivers having to update so they just want it gone and put together insane packages with tons of parts. It’s on here. You could probably get away with a complete buggy/truggy ready (minus radio) for around $500 with a lot of parts. At that point you need starter box and radio (assuming u have fuel and glow igniter)
soulcoma and jersey like this.
Old 03-03-2019, 04:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default rtr

Originally Posted by Matt Piva
If i were to buy a rig simply to have the best basher out of your buddies I would just get someone’s used truggy on here that’s a package deal! Lots of losi 4.0s for sale. Look for good sellers with history and read threw a bunch of different rigs for sale to find what you need! RTR after upgrading servos towers and the front and rear hubs spindles/carriers and the engine (stock engine and servos don’t hold up to heavy abuse) your investment could be close to someone who’s trying to blow out there stuff for the new X. Plenty of them are sponsored drivers having to update so they just want it gone and put together insane packages with tons of parts. It’s on here. You could probably get away with a complete buggy/truggy ready (minus radio) for around $500 with a lot of parts. At that point you need starter box and radio (assuming u have fuel and glow igniter)
Best advice you will get.
Old 03-04-2019, 11:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Great buggy with quality servos and engine in the package: https://jqracingusa.com/jqracing-the...ro-green-body/
Old 03-05-2019, 06:55 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by gacjr0
Great buggy with quality servos and engine in the package: https://jqracingusa.com/jqracing-the...ro-green-body/
Those servos suck balls to the wall. You will end up replacing them and spending around $100 for two servos. There are better options for RTR for just a few more dollars.
the rc guy likes this.
Old 03-05-2019, 11:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sebtarta
Those servos suck balls to the wall. You will end up replacing them and spending around $100 for two servos. There are better options for RTR for just a few more dollars.
mattythegreat likes this.
Old 03-05-2019, 07:17 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by gacjr0

Old 03-06-2019, 07:16 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

In reference to an RTR - I have heard a lot of great things about the OFNA/Hobao Hyper 7, they can be had for around $300 brand new.
I do however agree that a used quality kit would be a better option. They have tons of support and a great deal of information could be found on them here on the forums.
Personally I have a Mugen MBX7r which i'm planning to sell in order to pay for school. If you're interested don't hesitate to message me.
Old 03-06-2019, 12:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

They are right about the RTR it’s not gonna be what you expect. Your better off looking at the classifieds and piece your 1/8 together or find a package deal on a used car. RTRs are always more money than they are worth....
Old 03-06-2019, 12:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you want to bash in the woods, you don't want any kind of nitro buggy. They are built for short grass and gravel, at most. You want either a truggy or a monster truck.

I've been contemplating getting a HPI Trophy Truggy 4.6 for a long time. (either that or the Losi 8ight-T.) If I were in your position, I'd finally have the excuse I "need".

When you say you bash in the woods, do you mean high speeds on well-maintained trails, or do you mean off-trail driving? If you want to do off-trail driving, you would absolutely need a monster truck (or a rock crawler, but there aren't any nitro rock crawlers) to provide the necessary ground clearance. You would absolutely need a clutch with Teflon shoes, also. The amount of slip that the clutch will experience during off-trail driving would melt aluminum shoes -- even BuKu's "Komposite" shoes would blacken and heat-up the clutch bell until it glows red-hot. (ask me how I know.)
Old 04-28-2019, 02:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Parts support is also something to consider. Sometimes it’s best to drive they same as your buddies as if you or a friend break the chance of having a spare to keep you all going is huge. There is nothing worse than planning a bash session and then you or a friend break not long into it and your whole day is shot because you can make the repair.