Low pro servos in a 1/8 nitro

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hyperfuxx

Low pro servos in a 1/8 nitro

Old 01-28-2019, 04:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Low pro servos in a 1/8 nitro

anyone have experience with using a low pro servo in steering and or throttle? I have a Spektrum 6250 and a savox sv1253.. My buddy that is experienced racer says to use the savox on steering and the Spektrum as throttle.. The reason was for heat transfer.. Says the low pro will generate too much heat heat for steering.. itís all for my 10 year olds 8Ight 4.0.
Old 01-28-2019, 10:09 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by mattythegreat View Post
anyone have experience with using a low pro servo in steering and or throttle? I have a Spektrum 6250 and a savox sv1253.. My buddy that is experienced racer says to use the savox on steering and the Spektrum as throttle.. The reason was for heat transfer.. Says the low pro will generate too much heat heat for steering.. itís all for my 10 year olds 8Ight 4.0.
I'm wondering the same thing. Is anyone running these low pro servos in 1/8th buggy? They are lighter, would have better clearances off the chassis so you could use less riser/spacers on some cars. Could the brushless ones hold up to 1/8th scale racing? Speed an torque doesn't seem that far off on the higher end models. Just wondering...
Old 01-28-2019, 10:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

I accidentally ordered a lowpro Protek 160t and I've been using it for my truggy throttle. I don't run it that much but I never had any issues. Ran it at the Nats a few years ago and PNB twice
mattythegreat likes this.
Old 01-28-2019, 03:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Worst thing that can happen is they burn up. 1/8 used to be notoriously hard on servos. The servos have gotten better over the years but I doubt there is much experience with low pro in 1/8. Do you have a 250oz shorty servo?

generally you cannot lower the radio tray because the servo top will not line up with the brakes.
Old 01-28-2019, 04:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have a Spektrum 6250 so at 8.4v you get 382oz... that’s a ton and I should use it for steering but friends are telling me not too. They are saying that it will generate too much heat.? Anyway I might save it for another 2wd.?
Old 01-29-2019, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

From Facebook, I still say no.But let me know when you need parts for it. I have plenty.