Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
What 1/8 buggy for bashing and maybe some racing do you recommend? (must be RTR) >

What 1/8 buggy for bashing and maybe some racing do you recommend? (must be RTR)

What 1/8 buggy for bashing and maybe some racing do you recommend? (must be RTR)

Old 01-27-2019, 05:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? What 1/8 buggy for bashing and maybe some racing do you recommend? (must be RTR)

Hi, I always liked rc cars and now I can buy a better one. I always wanted to own a decent nitro 1/8 buggy. Some bashing, and maybe going in a track, it would be nice if im not completely humilliated, but im not looking forward customizing it because im a software guy and I have no idea how cars really work beyond the surface. It wouldn't be competitive but still you always want to do decent.

Anyway, which one would you recommend? I really like the TKI3 Readyset.

I remember Kyosho being a respected brand since I was a kid. How durable is that car? apparently it's a decent option if you want to do some casual racing as well as just bashing for fun. Price range no more than 450.

What are gas prices these days and where do you store the gas? im living on a flat right now unfortunately I don't have a basement so im kinda worried about that.

And I want to ask about that odd looking wheel with an angle on the transmitter. Has anyone tried it? notice how it's angled. Is it comfortable or it will be weird feeling?

I also wonder what's the deal with all these weird looking bodykits these days. I like the one on that Kyosho, but for instance compare it to the new Tki4 one.

IMO tki3 looks better but whatever, I guess body is not that important, just my observation on aesthetics.
Old 01-30-2019, 10:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I would go with the TLR 8IGHT RTR.

I even have a thread about it where I document the very few upgrades needed to be a true contender.

Losi 8IGHT Nitro 1/8 4WD RTR Buggy - v.2016/17

Oh and that very car in the pictures, is for sale by yours truly if you're interested :-)
Old 02-02-2019, 05:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Evoking1230 View Post
I would go with the TLR 8IGHT RTR.

I even have a thread about it where I document the very few upgrades needed to be a true contender.

Oh and that very car in the pictures, is for sale by yours truly if you're interested :-)
Thanks. I asked somewhere else and I got told that RTR is a waste of money because they will drain a ton of money in repairments, because they are really shitty in terms of durability... so im not sure what to do now. I don't have the skill to build a kit myself neither have the time, but I don't want to claim bankruptcy if I buy a RTR and I need to buy spare parts everytime I go to a track to have some casual fun...

What other RTR ones would you recommend?

Btw that Losi has that body design i was talking about. I really don't know what they were thinking with that design. It's just me that finds it odd? it's like it's flipped and it's facing backwards, or like some sort of truggy-buggy weird hybrid. I really like the tki3 readyset design a lot compared to that. Maybe im taking crazy pills but to me it just looks like it's running into the opposite side. I can't post pics to illustrate unfortunately. It doesnt let me post links.
Old 02-02-2019, 08:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by buggybuggy View Post
Thanks. I asked somewhere else and I got told that RTR is a waste of money because they will drain a ton of money in repairments, because they are really shitty in terms of durability... so im not sure what to do now. I don't have the skill to build a kit myself neither have the time, but I don't want to claim bankruptcy if I buy a RTR and I need to buy spare parts everytime I go to a track to have some casual fun...

What other RTR ones would you recommend?

Btw that Losi has that body design i was talking about. I really don't know what they were thinking with that design. It's just me that finds it odd? it's like it's flipped and it's facing backwards, or like some sort of truggy-buggy weird hybrid. I really like the tki3 readyset design a lot compared to that. Maybe im taking crazy pills but to me it just looks like it's running into the opposite side. I can't post pics to illustrate unfortunately. It doesnt let me post links.
Whoever told you that is an uneducated, uncultured swine

I have put it through its paces, and only bent a hinge pin.

Yes, RTR's do have a notorious reputation of being cheap, but this one breaks the mold.
Old 02-03-2019, 12:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

https://www.amainhobbies.com/losi-8i...s04011/p543247

i would get truggy for bashing lot more fun.