Search
Like Tree120Likes

HB Racing D819 Nitro Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2019, 09:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eastside777
Better for all of us or better for Ronnefalk. It seems as if they are going down the same road as the other brands. Releasing minor changes and calling it a new car. Hopefully Ronnefalks results improve and it justifies the changes.
i didn’t say it the other guy did I was just putting the other guys words into easier terms so the guy that didn’t understand can understand.

will Ronnefalks car be box stock of the d819 no probably not. When v2 car came out he was still using old center plastic brace most of time and old rear tower. There gonna use what they like or works for that track. The company is a business they can make a small change and by changing 5 small things etc and increase sales and make the company money there going to do it. Makes sense in a company stand point. The car each pro is using usually is changed from box stock anyway there gonna use what they like wether it’s a old part that’s been around or it’s a new part
Old 01-17-2019, 09:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by nitro_mt_racer
Racers are a finicky bunch. If the manufacturer doesn't release something new every couple of years racers are looking to switch to a brand that does. There's nothing earth shattering in this update but it will sell and that's the ultimate justification for updating.
yes I agree, and sometimes when company’s do change there whole car pretty much like Tlr people complain cause they have a bunch of parts they can’t use on the new car. No matter what someone will be unhappy haha. If something works great already for you no need to change it.

But yea if a company can come out with a new car with a couple little changes it can definitely help them sell cars cause people always want the newest junk out. Sometimes a new model might work better for one racer but another racer might like the old model better.
Old 01-18-2019, 05:23 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by F1nggy
Please elaborate! What seems to be the main problems and how to correct them ?
I think the team setup it’s too inconsistent for long mains, how could you fixed well I would say run the front end like tessmann use to run his ( lower roll center ) , less toe in the rear, less caster ( the 15degress should be good ) and a thicker front sway bar could help
Old 01-18-2019, 06:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 241 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jersey

yes I agree, and sometimes when company’s do change there whole car pretty much like Tlr people complain cause they have a bunch of parts they can’t use on the new car.

That's the only reason we decided to try the HB cars. We had went thru all 4 generations of TLR cars and nothing we had was gonna work on the new X. Perfect time to try something else.
Eastside777 likes this.
Old 01-18-2019, 11:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

That's the only reason we decided to try the HB cars. We had went thru all 4 generations of TLR cars and nothing we had was gonna work on the new X. Perfect time to try something else.
ha yea only thing that you can use over is diffs I think maybe outdrives and evo springs and clutch and clutchbells well clutch is metric now but can still use old ones. But yea I mainly used Tlr last season but I had a hb buggy sitting but this year I’m gonna use hb buggy. Thought about getting the x car but since it’s a new car figured I’d wait and let them see if there’s any problems with it then maybe try the next one maybe.
Old 01-19-2019, 06:55 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by straub
did he use 4 shims between the bearings and 2 spring clips on outside of pinion?

What is the white paste he used? White lithium grease?
i think yes White lithium grease
Old 01-19-2019, 06:55 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by jersey

ha yea only thing that you can use over is diffs I think maybe outdrives and evo springs and clutch and clutchbells well clutch is metric now but can still use old ones. But yea I mainly used Tlr last season but I had a hb buggy sitting but this year I’m gonna use hb buggy. Thought about getting the x car but since it’s a new car figured I’d wait and let them see if there’s any problems with it then maybe try the next one maybe.
exactly thanks
jersey likes this.
Old 01-19-2019, 10:19 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rjmakk
looks like it doesnt come with front springs? hahah
Look harder.
Old 01-21-2019, 09:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 357 (100%+)

Was hoping for easy access diffs.
nitro_mt_racer and jersey like this.
Old 01-21-2019, 09:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Originally Posted by jmoneym
Was hoping for easy access diffs.
To much money, easier to just recycle some parts and call it a new kit.
nitro_mt_racer and jersey like this.
Old 01-21-2019, 09:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mickey_B

To much money, easier to just recycle some parts and call it a new kit.
Same thing Losi did for years until the recent release of the X
Old 01-21-2019, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Same thing Losi did for years until the recent release of the X

For sure, Losi was the master at this. Which hey worked really good, a lot guys I knew ran Losi just because they had a ton of spare parts and they were all interchangeable on the different versions. So they did not want to bu a different brand.
Old 01-21-2019, 11:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mickey_B

For sure, Losi was the master at this. Which hey worked really good, a lot guys I knew ran Losi just because they had a ton of spare parts and they were all interchangeable on the different versions. So they did not want to bu a different brand.
For sure, same reason we ran those cars thru all 4 generations of the buggy. The downside is/was they were never being innovative, just following the crowd. They ran the injection molding dies until they were probably wore out and then were forced to make a change.
Old 01-22-2019, 02:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Lightbulb HB Racing D819 1/8 Off-Road Nitro Buggy Kit

Pre-order now available on amain...

https://www.amainhobbies.com/hb-raci...204450/p873718

Features:
  • Updated 1 piece engine mount
  • Updated Narrow hex hubs
  • Updated 1 piece sway bar links
  • Updated Heavy duty spur gear
  • Updated JConcepts Silencer S15 clear body
  • Updated Front & rear diff pinion
  • Updated Center outdrive system
  • Updated Revised graphite rear hub carrier plates
  • Updated Engine mount cams

Old 01-22-2019, 02:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Lightbulb

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.