Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
HB Racing D819 Nitro Buggy >

HB Racing D819 Nitro Buggy

Like Tree112Likes

HB Racing D819 Nitro Buggy

Old 01-13-2021, 12:36 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ceh329 View Post
I have been using the HBS100550 M5x8 Pan head screws. The problem I have is, once I install them I cant get them out. I keep stripping the hex I finally have to dremel a slot for a flat head screw driver. I there anything better? I really liked the Kyosho deep 5mm hex screws but they wont work on the HB
When i needed to undo those screws i would use a pair of multi pliers to hold and turn the 3mm driverscrews while putting some presure on the end of the with the palm of my spare hand. There are a couple of companies that make a tool that you could buy to use instead of the pliers
Old 01-13-2021, 09:03 PM
Tech Regular

Hello ceh329 & bretto107,

You could try to use grease on the M5 Pan Screws threads and just tighten them hard enough by hand. It would not come loose. Try it.

Cheers..

Originally Posted by bretto107 View Post
When i needed to undo those screws i would use a pair of multi pliers to hold and turn the 3mm driverscrews while putting some presure on the end of the with the palm of my spare hand. There are a couple of companies that make a tool that you could buy to use instead of the pliers
Old 01-13-2021, 10:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stanleyw808 View Post
Hello ceh329 & bretto107,

You could try to use grease on the M5 Pan Screws threads and just tighten them hard enough by hand. It would not come loose. Try it.

Cheers..
I think the real issue is he needs a new driver. If he is stripping screws, either he isn't getting deep in there because of packed dirt or his driver is worn out.. check the tip.. Bet the edges are rounded and no longer sharp. This is sometimes over looked. Good tools make a big difference. I suggest a new driver. MIP has been good to me.
Old 02-13-2021, 08:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Kyosho Kid View Post
I think the real issue is he needs a new driver. If he is stripping screws, either he isn't getting deep in there because of packed dirt or his driver is worn out.. check the tip.. Bet the edges are rounded and no longer sharp. This is sometimes over looked. Good tools make a big difference. I suggest a new driver. MIP has been good to me.
MIP has been life changing for me... haven't stripped anything since. Worth the price of admission.
Old 03-13-2021, 03:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey guys my son drives a tekno nb48 2.0 and we been looking at the new d819rs has anyone driven both to Compare them as we looking for s buggy is lot more easy to setup and tune stable
Old 03-13-2021, 04:00 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MadMick View Post
Hey guys my son drives a tekno nb48 2.0 and we been looking at the new d819rs has anyone driven both to Compare them as we looking for s buggy is lot more easy to setup and tune stable
any of the 3 brands that have actual designers who can test their own car, Kyosho, mugen or HB will always be more easily dialled.
Old 03-15-2021, 05:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MonsterJuice View Post
any of the 3 brands that have actual designers who can test their own car, Kyosho, mugen or HB will always be more easily dialled.
You don't think tekno designed their own car, the only one that looks radically different from all the other c-hub cars?
Old 03-15-2021, 06:23 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default D819RS Availability

When will D819RS kits be back in stock in the US?
Old 03-15-2021, 09:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Buckland View Post
You don't think tekno designed their own car, the only one that looks radically different from all the other c-hub cars?
Don't mind him, he just has an ax to grind.
Old 03-15-2021, 04:39 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by frewster View Post
Don't mind him, he just has an ax to grind.
You clearly missed what I ment, Yes tekno themselves did but it was drawn on a Computer program and just produced using theory. (as many companies now do)
Brands like kyosho and mugen, design new parts, those same designers such as kanai test each of those parts to understand how its changed the car and how to improve on it more, this is why we dont see big radical changes on the cars... more evolution.
JQ himself summed up AE/tekno/tlr etc - They copied a part or design and yes made the car better but now they don't understand what's actually happened and because of that dont know how to improve on that idea.

Look at TLR, the original X, maybe the worst modern production car? take all what you think is good off every car and slap it together to get the X. - watch JQ's YT video on this, explains alot.(cant wait for the fanboy hate on this one)

And Frewster what? dont go all roelof on us now...
Old 03-16-2021, 08:20 AM
Tech Regular

You clearly missed what I ment, Yes tekno themselves did but it was drawn on a Computer program and just produced using theory. (as many companies now do)
Brands like kyosho and mugen, design new parts, those same designers such as kanai test each of those parts to understand how its changed the car and how to improve on it more, this is why we dont see big radical changes on the cars... more evolution.
JQ himself summed up AE/tekno/tlr etc - They copied a part or design and yes made the car better but now they don't understand what's actually happened and because of that dont know how to improve on that idea.

Look at TLR, the original X, maybe the worst modern production car? take all what you think is good off every car and slap it together to get the X. - watch JQ's YT video on this, explains a lot.(cant wait for the fanboy hate on this one)

And Frewster what? dont go all roelof on us now...
I'm a big fan of JQ and his videos, but I think you're a little off base. JQ himself admitted in a recent video that Tekno is proving him wrong and getting the car to work better than he expected, and that he hadn't quite figured out why or how. He also stated he felt it was track dependent, which it may or may not be. I'm not some kind of tekno fanboy and won't derail this thread any further (I run HB cars), but it's pretty clear by looking at any "pro" tekno driver's car that they are constantly testing prototype parts and trying new things to make small revisions. If that's not real world development away from computer theory I don't know what is. Maybe they are throwing crap at a wall and seeing what sticks as JQ alludes to and I don't disagree with in some instances, but I'm not in the design meetings for any of these cars so it's hard to say for certain on an internet forum what is or isn't being done haha. If the car works it works.
frewster likes this.
Old 03-16-2021, 02:36 PM
Tech Adept

I'm a big fan of JQ and his videos, but I think you're a little off base. JQ himself admitted in a recent video that Tekno is proving him wrong and getting the car to work better than he expected, and that he hadn't quite figured out why or how. He also stated he felt it was track dependent, which it may or may not be. I'm not some kind of tekno fanboy and won't derail this thread any further (I run HB cars), but it's pretty clear by looking at any "pro" tekno driver's car that they are constantly testing prototype parts and trying new things to make small revisions. If that's not real world development away from computer theory I don't know what is. Maybe they are throwing crap at a wall and seeing what sticks as JQ alludes to and I don't disagree with in some instances, but I'm not in the design meetings for any of these cars so it's hard to say for certain on an internet forum what is or isn't being done haha. If the car works it works.
I think its only proving him wrong in the sense he said the Tekno cars sucked, which the old one did and made an assumption the new car wouldn't be much different as they went "extreme" on the arm length idea.
But again the tekno car is still very new after a platform change so the understanding of setup is a bit off.
Where as what i originally said, cars from Kyosho, mugen and HB are always an evolution and the car doesnt hugely change over many years and keeps that same base platform that just works and they've kept tweaking.

look at Team AE and the unreleased 1/8 buggy they drew, produced some cars for Montpellier and it sucked bad or their attempt at a one off kyosho they built for Maifield at 2012 worlds... or TLR and the 22 platform - drawn on a program and produced, the 22 platform was a shocker - it was never tested before hand and as soon as it was released there were suddenly a 2.0 and prototype parts on Team drivers cars- then TLR's X took all what they thought were best bits from other cars, slapped it together and released it at a roar nats... the 2.0 came fast for that car and now they are stuck with it

Old 03-17-2021, 04:40 PM
Tech Master

I think its only proving him wrong in the sense he said the Tekno cars sucked, which the old one did and made an assumption the new car wouldn't be much different as they went "extreme" on the arm length idea.
But again the tekno car is still very new after a platform change so the understanding of setup is a bit off.
Where as what i originally said, cars from Kyosho, mugen and HB are always an evolution and the car doesnt hugely change over many years and keeps that same base platform that just works and they've kept tweaking.

look at Team AE and the unreleased 1/8 buggy they drew, produced some cars for Montpellier and it sucked bad or their attempt at a one off kyosho they built for Maifield at 2012 worlds... or TLR and the 22 platform - drawn on a program and produced, the 22 platform was a shocker - it was never tested before hand and as soon as it was released there were suddenly a 2.0 and prototype parts on Team drivers cars- then TLR's X took all what they thought were best bits from other cars, slapped it together and released it at a roar nats... the 2.0 came fast for that car and now they are stuck with it
Sometimes I look at kits released by major manufacturers and I'm like

Old 03-18-2021, 12:53 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

There must be a new buggy coming out soon. There is no stock and HB will not say when they will be back in stock.
Old 03-28-2021, 11:48 AM
Tech Addict

Does anyone know if any other manufactures diff housing can be used in the HB? I'm getting real tired of the diff housing leaking. I have glued them and still have the problem. They don't last, I never had this problem with Kyosho.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.