Search
Like Tree306Likes

Kyosho MP10 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 07:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcmoe
Those were the next things I was going to check . If the shafts are the wrong length then I was supplied with the wrong shafts...but thanks.
Hey rcmoe, you definitely over compressed the springs. You should be able to stretch them back out a little.
Old 02-10-2019, 07:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I’m trying to figure out why there’s such a big gap with my shock collars compared to other mp10s I see? I’m running 40w front and 30 w rear Losi oil ride ht 25 front 28 rear. Can’t figure it out. Re-bleaded shocks and still the same thing. I pre-compressed the springs before I original build. I hope I didn’t precompress them too much

what are the measurements for your collars? Our rears are at about 1 turn from the top on three cars to get around 27mm.the fronts are near the bottom of the threads on the shock body for 25mm
Old 02-10-2019, 09:44 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Brian C
All ready for the maiden voyage tomorrow.
Is that the new 3 port FX 302 motor? If so, just wondering what you think of it so far?

Old 02-10-2019, 10:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

My rears have about a 3.5 mm gap and my fronts have about 13.5 mm gap. My fronts seem to be where your fronts are.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:24 PM
Tech Regular

Those were the next things I was going to check . If the shafts are the wrong length then I was supplied with the wrong shafts...but thanks.
i was thinking you’ve tightened up the ball ends too much but I guess that shouldnt affect what you’re doing unless you’ve also mixed up the shafts front and rear. I may have done that once....
As for stretching springs personally I wouldn’t. When I was young many a slinky died due to being stretched.
Old 02-10-2019, 11:27 PM
Tech Adept

What do you guys recommend. The mp10 or 8ight-x?
Old 02-11-2019, 05:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Niz55
What do you guys recommend. The mp10 or 8ight-x?
I’m debating between the same 2 cars
Old 02-11-2019, 07:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

I had the 8ightX and was not fan. Rear end kept breaking loose. You to really do some work on the setup to get it to your liking. Also, take a look at how the pros are doing with the kit, nobody is really winning or doing that good with it either. Hell even Reno didn’t make the final at Montipiller , which considering it’s a track he probably races at a lot is telling. Other issue I found was the supposedly quick rear diff access, which was really cool in the vids, however when I tried to was not as easy especially getting the diff back in and case screws together.

The final straw that did for me was Horizon and parts being so damn expensive. A lot hype and cool features, but at the end of the day did not meet my expectations.

Now for the Mp10, I have not owned one. Only the Mp9e. Mp9e was nice and parts are easy to get from anywhere. You can say that since it was minor changes, buggy should still drive and respond to set up changes similarly to last model.

Of course at the end of the day why reinvent the wheel. Find out what the fast guys are running at your track and why. Most them have tried various buggies and run a certain brand because they feel they are most competitive with it. Think about who at the track you would get support from. If there is no TLR guys then your going to have a rough time and same with Kyosho. I always tell people look at the whole picture, try to get past the nice fancy marketing and really think abiut the variables.
Old 02-11-2019, 09:43 AM
Tech Master

So how does the MP10 compare to the TKI4? There are some significant changes to the suspension and weight distribution.
Old 02-11-2019, 11:16 AM
Tech Adept

I am looking for a durable buggy and parts that are fairly good price. My budget is $700 for the kit.

Any recommendations?
Old 02-11-2019, 11:30 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Matty A

i was thinking you’ve tightened up the ball ends too much but I guess that shouldnt affect what you’re doing unless you’ve also mixed up the shafts front and rear. I may have done that once....
As for stretching springs personally I wouldn’t. When I was young many a slinky died due to being stretched.
If the springs were in fact over compressed and are already damaged. Stretching them wouldn't cause any more or less damage. I've built 2 mp10's of my own and had the same issue.
That's why I can speak on it rather than speculate
Old 02-11-2019, 01:36 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Johnieblaze
If the springs were in fact over compressed and are already damaged. Stretching them wouldn't cause any more or less damage. I've built 2 mp10's of my own and had the same issue.
That's why I can speak on it rather than speculate
Not sure how owning 2 MP10s relates to Hooke's Law but perhaps you can elaborate. Here's how it will go when stretching the spring:
What length do you stretch it to to get the right deformation? For how long do you hold it? How do I then get consistency across both springs? You may then end up in a cycle of stressing in both directions compression and stretching a tensile material that will in turn work harden and/or deform beyond repair. It's a little like touching you toes, if you can't do it without someone jumping on your back it won't end well for you or the tensile parts in your back and legs..
Old 02-11-2019, 02:04 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Matty A
Not sure how owning 2 MP10s relates to Hooke's Law but perhaps you can elaborate. Here's how it will go when stretching the spring:

What length do you stretch it to to get the right deformation? For how long do you hold it? How do I then get consistency across both springs? You may then end up in a cycle of stressing in both directions compression and stretching a tensile material that will in turn work harden and/or deform beyond repair. It's a little like touching you toes, if you can't do it without someone jumping on your back it won't end well for you or the tensile parts in your back and legs..

If you over-compress the front springs on the MP10, they'll flatten out and you'll have to crank on them to get ride height. Period. Carry on.....smh.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Didn’t mean to start a war here felllas lol. So how long do you guys keep your springs compressed before installing? I admit I went over board with these which I’ve never done.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

why are you guys compressing the springs?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.