Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Kyosho MP10 Thread >

Kyosho MP10 Thread

Like Tree281Likes

Kyosho MP10 Thread

Old 12-23-2020, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mattmoore55 View Post
Do you have a different part number for that aluminum servo saver? That part # showed something very different.

"at first do not tighten the screw that meet the chassis super tight" which screws specifically?

Thanks a lot for the help man!
Just getting started now
lol fat fingers.. sorry i edited my post but ifw450

on the chassis screws ALL OF THEM.. just snug at first as the coating on the chassis seems to "grab" the screws nice and tight..
Old 12-24-2020, 02:03 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

When can we expect the TKI2 to be in stock?
Old 12-24-2020, 02:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mlax View Post
When can we expect the TKI2 to be in stock?
kyosho America said the end of January i bealive.
OffRoadJunkie likes this.
Old 12-24-2020, 06:36 AM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where

yes mid to late January all depends on shipping and customs.. so i would say to be safe the last week of January.
Old 12-24-2020, 10:59 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

I've heard the a-arms are fragile on mp10. Have you guys had issues? Should I get hard aarms?

Old 12-24-2020, 11:05 AM
Super Moderator

Ive broken 3 front and 1 rear in a years time.. 1 diff case and 2 ring gears 20 or so races and 15 have had 30 min mains. So i would say it holds its own for parts
Old 12-24-2020, 11:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J.Whiting View Post
Ive broken 3 front and 1 rear in a years time.. 1 diff case and 2 ring gears 20 or so races and 15 have had 30 min mains. So i would say it holds its own for parts

that sounds bad, but in after you mentioned you race time, that doesn't sound bad at all.
Old 12-24-2020, 12:00 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by OffRoadJunkie View Post
that sounds bad, but in after you mentioned you race time, that doesn't sound bad at all.
opps i thought this was truggy thread.. that was on truggy..
buggy was way less.. 2 shock towers from getting hit.. 2 arms. 2 shock shafts shaf 1 "c" block from getting hit and a hinge pin.. very solid car.. i have all the arms in production for buggy and truggy but i like the soft arms.. i feel like the hard arms might snap easier in the 30 deg weather for indoor racing in the winter for midwest racing
Old 12-24-2020, 12:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

opps i thought this was truggy thread.. that was on truggy..
buggy was way less.. 2 shock towers from getting hit.. 2 arms. 2 shock shafts shaf 1 "c" block from getting hit and a hinge pin.. very solid car.. i have all the arms in production for buggy and truggy but i like the soft arms.. i feel like the hard arms might snap easier in the 30 deg weather for indoor racing in the winter for midwest racing
Well, that's even better.

I am patiently waiting for the MP10Te to come out. I might just break down and build my own.
Old 12-24-2020, 03:06 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by OffRoadJunkie View Post
Well, that's even better.

I am patiently waiting for the MP10Te to come out. I might just break down and build my own.
i would of figured that would of been the upgrade but guess i was wrong. most of the guys are using the mp9e parts to make the 10t e-version.
Old 12-26-2020, 06:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

I'm putting it out there for everyone who has previously owned the mp9 and upgraded to the mp10. In a viscous search for parts over the past year, I recently got ripped off $200cdn from a guy on this site claiming to have a bunch of stuff. I sent him money and now he's fallen off the face of the planet. People on this forum have assured me that parts for my 7.5's were not going to be a problem moving forwards, but after this fraud incident I am giving up on the platform. I waited 5 months for an oem front bumper for one of mine! I digress. I don't race (yet) but am trying hard to improve. I now have 2 local options I am looking at, an mp10 roller nearly brand new (raced a few weekends) with a reasonable amount of spares. Or, an mp9 TKI3/4 mix with engine and a ton of spare parts (including 2 chassis plates) but really beat up, the seller has even kept exploded gears in the kit - who knows why. MP9 guy claims he actually has enough to literally build a second buggy. Both are around the same price, the mp9 would no doubt be a better value in terms of parts and has at least 2 sets of wheels BNIB and a slightly lower asking price. However being an older design and the condition of it, in my mind I would still be more satisfied with the mp10 even though I will eventually end up spending a lot more in the long run. Making matters worse, is that in an interview with Kanai it was said the mp10 was designed more for high-grip surfaces, but in my current use of the buggies I am most often on low grip surfaces.

I would really like to hear your feedback, I have to pull the trigger on one of these before they disappear.
Old 12-26-2020, 08:12 AM
Super Moderator

i have not ran the mp9 only the mp10 and it works well in all conditions with a little bit of setup work. every track is different in terms of grip and design so 1 setup may help but not the ticket at that track. ive ran on low grip tracks 1 weekend and did very well then the next weekend super high bite and also did very well with it.

mp10 uses a bunch of the mp9 parts but also has a bunch of newer parts.. with a little bit of setup help and some patience you will do good on all surfaces.. its taken me about a year to really know what the buggy and truggy want in a certain condition. i was always told it takes about a year to understand the true characteristics of a new buggy.. well its pretty spot on. thats why when i change a brand i do it for the long run and not just a year and switch again.
Galatians2 20 likes this.
Old 12-26-2020, 07:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

i have not ran the mp9 only the mp10 and it works well in all conditions with a little bit of setup work. every track is different in terms of grip and design so 1 setup may help but not the ticket at that track. ive ran on low grip tracks 1 weekend and did very well then the next weekend super high bite and also did very well with it.

mp10 uses a bunch of the mp9 parts but also has a bunch of newer parts.. with a little bit of setup help and some patience you will do good on all surfaces.. its taken me about a year to really know what the buggy and truggy want in a certain condition. i was always told it takes about a year to understand the true characteristics of a new buggy.. well its pretty spot on. thats why when i change a brand i do it for the long run and not just a year and switch again.
I agree with J,
I've just started racing this year and have the 10. Iíve ran on well groomed medium to high bite and blown out tracks that werenít touched all season bc of COVID. Being my first year racing I took time to learn about setup and the car has been great in all conditions. I actually love running it on looser tracks.
Solico likes this.
Old 12-26-2020, 10:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I also watched the Kanai interview and if Iím not mistaken he was referring to the original body being better suited to certain conditions, not so much the car itself. The new body is supposed to be better in high bite I believe.
Team_Orange likes this.
Old 12-27-2020, 03:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

For the mp10 shocks I saw a video where the guy used 2mm spacer for front shock shaft and 1mm for rear (spacer that goes on top of shock shaft, then screw piston on)

So for the rear I built, I did the metal washer, a 1mm spacer and then the piston. then a nut. Is that correct ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.