Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Kyosho MP10 Thread >

Kyosho MP10 Thread

Like Tree94Likes

Kyosho MP10 Thread

Old 08-04-2019, 11:01 AM
  #421  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Greenwood, IN
Posts: 1,027
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BIGTIME View Post
How do you guys think the 19 degree front hubs will work on this car?
You can run 18.5 degrees with the stock hubs. Just make sure you get the b revision of the plastic caster blocks or the aluminum.
windellmc is offline  
Old 08-08-2019, 08:41 AM
  #422  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 214
Default

Originally Posted by am View Post
It is better on high grip tracks than the mp9. But, on blown out low grip tracks with ruts and edges, this car looses rear grip to fast and you loose control and spins out. It just slides to much on power even with as low as 4000 in the center diff. Yes, the car is more stable if you can be "on the gas", but when a track blows out, you need a different drivingstyle. If you hit the gas on bumps the car gets unsetteled, bumps araound and slides out. What happens is that you do not have the weight transfer rearwards and you have a problem with rear end grip.

We have a bit of work to do on the shockpistons also. We run 5x1,6 rear and 5x1,5 front. I have tried this on a high grip astro track and it gave more steering than the 1,3x8 so we need to go back to 1.3mm pistons.
We need to run long upper links to get the stability in the car. What happends then is that you have to little camber gain and the car handels ruts, bumps and loose tracks worse.

If some one knows what other diffs can fit the car, i am looking to go underdrive at the rear end.

I am amazed to see that someone think you can throw a pro setup on a car and make it work on your track....
There is a reason pros do not like this car so much. Must be first time ever a Kyosho have not been in a US nats finale since the 90`s
if you still can't get the rear end to handle properly try running the mp9 C and D blocks and rear arms That should help get more rear traction and a more predictable rear end.
Ricardo_d99 is offline  
Old 08-08-2019, 10:29 AM
  #423  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Greenwood, IN
Posts: 1,027
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Ricardo_d99 View Post

if you still can't get the rear end to handle properly try running the mp9 C and D blocks and rear arms That should help get more rear traction and a more predictable rear end.
these are a lot of the same complaints the Mugen guys had when the mbx7 came out. You had lots of euro drivers running the mbx6 rear end on the car. Now everyone loves the mbx7/8 geometry.
windellmc is offline  
Old 08-08-2019, 11:44 AM
  #424  
Tech Master
iTrader: (84)
 
BIGTIME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,512
Trader Rating: 84 (99%+)
Default

I owned a MBX8 WC the two cars rear end and handling characteristics are nothing alike....My opinion.
BIGTIME is offline  
Old 08-08-2019, 07:09 PM
  #425  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Greenwood, IN
Posts: 1,027
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BIGTIME View Post
I owned a MBX8 WC the two cars rear end and handling characteristics are nothing alike....My opinion.
I think the mp10 is a lot more planted than the Mugen and has more steering on top of that. Compared to the mp9 the rear releases better on corner entry and when it does slide in exit it is more predictable then the mp9. I have not found anything the mp9 does better. Spacing the mp10 top rear shock mount out 5mm like was done at the Euros does make it feel a little better.
windellmc is offline  
Old 08-09-2019, 12:56 AM
  #426  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (7)
 
RCMamba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 310
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

I got a NIB MP10 over on the for sale forums if anyone is interested.

**Delete if not allowed**
RCMamba is offline  
Old 08-09-2019, 11:32 AM
  #427  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 214
Default

Originally Posted by windellmc View Post


I think the mp10 is a lot more planted than the Mugen and has more steering on top of that. Compared to the mp9 the rear releases better on corner entry and when it does slide in exit it is more predictable then the mp9. I have not found anything the mp9 does better. Spacing the mp10 top rear shock mount out 5mm like was done at the Euros does make it feel a little better.
but that has to more with the fact that one car has C-Hub and the other one has PBS, usually C-Hub cars have more steering than PBS cars, also I think kanai should had done away with the offset hubs and gone to zero offset hubs like everyone has done.... Offset hubs just take away traction in every situation
Ricardo_d99 is offline  
Old 08-10-2019, 12:55 AM
  #428  
am
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,826
Default

I had both MBX7 and 8. Thoose are to very different cars. MBX8 is a MUCH better car comes to rear end. I drove one 2 weeks ago and was 0,5 seconds faster on my best lap compared to the MP10 i have driven at that trak for 1.5 gallons. And that was with a difffernt radio as well. I i hd the time to brake in a new MBX8 i would have bought one.

I have tested with MP9 rear end also this spirn on an astroturf track. It was not good.. Yes more rear end grip but it also made the car slide alot more in the corners. That i sprobely the wingmount from the MP9 withtch is longer. I have not tested with the mp10 wingmount.

What i run now is the TKI3 rear arms. Outer hingepin is aprox 2 mm outward in the car. This makes the car more stable. I also run an B83,1 rear diff witch also helps.. Sloight underdrive comapred to the Kyosho gearing with 44/13. This conversion is alot of work and not so easy to do without some expensive toools.

With all the above said-i have driven a Kyosho MP10 that behaves compleatly differnet from mine- with almoast the exact same setup. It is very strange and we cant explain it. His car has run alot moore than mine ( i am on 4 gallons now). His MP10 is very fast, easy to drive. IF my car was like that i would never have startet to mess aroaund with all the shit above..
am is offline  
Old 08-10-2019, 08:18 AM
  #429  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 214
Default

Originally Posted by am View Post
I had both MBX7 and 8. Thoose are to very different cars. MBX8 is a MUCH better car comes to rear end. I drove one 2 weeks ago and was 0,5 seconds faster on my best lap compared to the MP10 i have driven at that trak for 1.5 gallons. And that was with a difffernt radio as well. I i hd the time to brake in a new MBX8 i would have bought one.

I have tested with MP9 rear end also this spirn on an astroturf track. It was not good.. Yes more rear end grip but it also made the car slide alot more in the corners. That i sprobely the wingmount from the MP9 withtch is longer. I have not tested with the mp10 wingmount.

What i run now is the TKI3 rear arms. Outer hingepin is aprox 2 mm outward in the car. This makes the car more stable. I also run an B83,1 rear diff witch also helps.. Sloight underdrive comapred to the Kyosho gearing with 44/13. This conversion is alot of work and not so easy to do without some expensive toools.

With all the above said-i have driven a Kyosho MP10 that behaves compleatly differnet from mine- with almoast the exact same setup. It is very strange and we cant explain it. His car has run alot moore than mine ( i am on 4 gallons now). His MP10 is very fast, easy to drive. IF my car was like that i would never have startet to mess aroaund with all the shit above..
are you running mp10 inner hinge pins with tki3 arms?
Ricardo_d99 is offline  
Old 08-10-2019, 11:37 AM
  #430  
am
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,826
Default

Yes, use an 4.6mm drillbit
am is offline  
Old 08-10-2019, 02:23 PM
  #431  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 214
Default

Originally Posted by am View Post
Yes, use an 4.6mm drillbit
are you using stock hubs ? Or ?
Ricardo_d99 is offline  
Old 08-11-2019, 02:36 PM
  #432  
am
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,826
Default

Yes
am is offline  
Old 08-11-2019, 03:19 PM
  #433  
Tech Elite
 
morgoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Belgium
Posts: 2,735
Default

Originally Posted by am View Post
I had both MBX7 and 8. Thoose are to very different cars. MBX8 is a MUCH better car comes to rear end. I drove one 2 weeks ago and was 0,5 seconds faster on my best lap compared to the MP10 i have driven at that trak for 1.5 gallons. And that was with a difffernt radio as well. I i hd the time to brake in a new MBX8 i would have bought one.

I have tested with MP9 rear end also this spirn on an astroturf track. It was not good.. Yes more rear end grip but it also made the car slide alot more in the corners. That i sprobely the wingmount from the MP9 withtch is longer. I have not tested with the mp10 wingmount.

What i run now is the TKI3 rear arms. Outer hingepin is aprox 2 mm outward in the car. This makes the car more stable. I also run an B83,1 rear diff witch also helps.. Sloight underdrive comapred to the Kyosho gearing with 44/13. This conversion is alot of work and not so easy to do without some expensive toools.

With all the above said-i have driven a Kyosho MP10 that behaves compleatly differnet from mine- with almoast the exact same setup. It is very strange and we cant explain it. His car has run alot moore than mine ( i am on 4 gallons now). His MP10 is very fast, easy to drive. IF my car was like that i would never have startet to mess aroaund with all the shit above..
Send the MBX8 to me and I'll break it in for you
But kidding aside, the MBX8 is a wonderful car. Especially with the -3mm steering plates. It has more steering with the option and the steering becomes smoother. It's almost like C hub car. Breakin takes about a 0,5-1.0 gallon depending on the track. The higher the grip, the faster it breaks in.
morgoth is offline  
Old 08-13-2019, 02:37 PM
  #434  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (22)
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 209
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

I'm definitely having a hard time choosing between the MP10 and 8ight X. I am currently running a D817v2 that i grabbed on here used. I really want to build a new kit!!! decisions decisions
8thwonder is offline  
Old 08-13-2019, 03:25 PM
  #435  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: from a wee town in TX
Posts: 290
Default

Originally Posted by 8thwonder View Post
I'm definitely having a hard time choosing between the MP10 and 8ight X. I am currently running a D817v2 that i grabbed on here used. I really want to build a new kit!!! decisions decisions
what comes in the eight x kit is nothing like what the pros are using, and the quick access diffs on the x are more hard to access and a pain, you can expect a 2.0 version soon.
The mp10 platform will be around for many years, the mp9 was 9 years?
parts on kanai's car once visible are very quick to market - the eight x pros are still running proto parts from after nats to now that are not in the market yet.
jersey likes this.
iplaygames is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.