• 2 Post By fizzy
  • 1 Post By fenton06

Using parts from one company on another company Buggy/truggy

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2018, 05:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Using parts from one company on another company Buggy/truggy

So I think this would be a interesting topic for a lot of people. I searched and didn't find any topic like this for all brands. Maybe some can learn something from this to or gain some advantages in there car.
What parts have you used from one company's car to help another company's car out. i know some brands certain arms or hubs shocks etc will fit on other brands cars. I know a lot use springs from different brands on there shocks but let's hear all stuff everyone's tried from another brand on there car. Can be good and bad result stories.
Old 11-07-2018, 10:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

This is actually an interesting topic. I don't have any experience with this, but I think a lot of people could benefit from it. Especially people with older/discontinued kits needing parts, such as myself. I have 2 GS Storm Unlimited trucks that i'm scared to run due to replacement parts being practically non existent now. Hopefully more people will chime in on this.
Old 11-08-2018, 02:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Top idea.. This would make a great sticky if it picks up.
Atvfreestylekid and jersey like this.
Old 11-08-2018, 05:08 AM
Tech Initiate

I know you asked about buggy/ truggy, and this is the nitro forum, but I'll​ share anyway to get things started. I've got HPI Blitz aluminum steering knuckles and C-hubs on my ECX Torment. Required adjusting the Traxxas links I have for the steering links and camber links.
Old 11-08-2018, 07:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I used the s works emulsion shock caps for my mbx8.. They were cheaper than the m2c shock caps and so far working great����
Old 11-08-2018, 07:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

The guys that supposedly broke their MBX7 arms would chime in with the Xray arms being used in their place perhaps. Never Broke any so I can vouch to that.

I will say that Hot Bodies would run Kyosho MP7.5 parts on their Lightning platform for a few races. This all before the D8 arrived.
Old 11-08-2018, 11:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jersey
So I think this would be a interesting topic for a lot of people. I searched and didn't find any topic like this for all brands. Maybe some can learn something from this to or gain some advantages in there car.
What parts have you used from one company's car to help another company's car out. i know some brands certain arms or hubs shocks etc will fit on other brands cars. I know a lot use springs from different brands on there shocks but let's hear all stuff everyone's tried from another brand on there car. Can be good and bad result stories.
The front arms on my DNX8 I found to be a little bit brittle if I land wrong on really high jumps so I put 2016 Xray arms on it and then had to use another rear DNX8 sway bar on the front to go with the arms.

I also used Mugen PBS aluminum balls or whatever they're called and put those on my DNX8 for the upper arms and on my RC8B3.

On one of my OFNA 9.5s, I put the aluminum MBX5 hubs on the rear.

There's a lot of other things like that I've done but can't remember all of it at the moment.

Old 11-08-2018, 09:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fizzy
Top idea.. This would make a great sticky if it picks up.
yea I had a hb buggy and TLR Buggy apart at same time and started messing around with some stuff. And I thought of this topic. I know some people post in the forum of the car there asking for but I thought it would be a cool topic on its own. Kinda a area for everyone to post the stuff they tried and did.
I use hb springs on my 8t4.0 they work good the shock bottoms work good to.
i was wondering if anyone tried different arms on TLR buggies or if anything else fits. Yea I know they make the arm carbon fiber pieces I have them but was looking for another option. Hb arms are to long ttried them.
Ive heard people using associated and mugen arms either way on 7 buggys I think it was.
Old 11-12-2018, 06:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

HB outdrives in my Kyosho truggy. Stock ones are garbage.
jersey likes this.
Old 11-14-2018, 07:34 PM
Tech Regular

here what im using on my kyosho mp9 tki 3 /4 and works like charm for years
Agama outdrives for rear only (longer outdrive let u using 91 dogbones without any popping out problem)
Agama Engine Mount (it smaller than original kyosho mount, and let u using nut for securing engine mount plate