Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Mykwillis
  • 1 Post By Aligater

1/8 buggy purchase?

Old 06-27-2018, 05:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default 1/8 buggy purchase?

Need some solid advice..If this is uncalled for let me know Iíll delete, but wanted to get some honest reviews.. I am torn on what 1/8 scale buggy to buy.. I use to race frequently back 10 years ago and bought all losi stuff. Loved the Truggy so I was set there and bought a brand new 8ight T 4.0. Now the buggy back in the day I remember was loose and hard to control although I still won some races with it. My point is would it be better to try something else out or stick to one brand since I already have the Truggy?
I really like the MBX8 and looking into it. If I were to get the losi 4.0 I would buy used and get the X when it came out but still kinda torn. I like the idea of buying the new Mugen and having a kit to build. Please make up my mind for me🤙🏻
Old 06-27-2018, 09:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hard to tell you without more information. Do you like pillow ball? C hub style? Do you prefer a really aggressive car? Or a forgiving car? Do you tend to complain about having not enough steering? Or too much? What does your local hobby shop stock parts for? What do most of the locals run? Do you want a low maintenance car or is high maintenance your thing?
Old 06-28-2018, 06:36 AM
Tech Regular

Never tried the pillow ball..I have only raced a losi 8ight 2.0 I want to say..never said it didn’t have enough steering almost too much at Times. Local hobby is not much at all really. Love working on the cars and the YouTube Adam drake videos on the Mugen is very nice���� Just wanted to try something different and wanted to know if it was a smart choice because I already have the losi Truggy. Heard the MBX8 drives better too .?
Old 06-28-2018, 07:07 AM
Tech Regular

Mugen, Kyosho, Hot Bodies, Xray, Serpent, Losi 8ight-X are all good choices. You can tune any of them to drive the way you want them too, really. I would stick with Losi if you like the truggy.
Old 06-28-2018, 09:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Ebuggies have come a long way since the Losi 2.0 if that's your basis.
What Losi Truggy do you have, a more recent one or older one?

It sounds like you already have a path with the Mugen in mind... it never hurts to try something new. Plus could upgrade your truggy down the road.
Old 06-28-2018, 12:01 PM
Tech Regular

My Truggy is the losi 4.0 brand new
Old 07-11-2018, 09:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I agree with savage, since you already have the losi truggy I would stick with losi. Nothing wrong with them at all. There is nothing wrong with the Mugen either but it seems like you already have your mind made up. Too bad you missed the losi 3.0 to 4.0 era. I hated my 4.0 when I first got it. It was too aggressive. Ended up really liking it after some mild tweaking. Funny thing is I keep hearing all the Mugen guys say all the same things about the Mugen 7 to 8 change. Lol!
mattythegreat likes this.
Old 07-14-2018, 08:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

If you get the 8ight-t 4.0 you can share some of the parts between the buggy and the truggy, as well as the tools. This may simply your pit box, setups and sanity.
mattythegreat likes this.