Search
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fyrstormer

New nipple in fuel tank

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 01:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Default New nipple in fuel tank

I was unlucky and cracked the fuel nipple on my mugen tank. I will put on a new nipple. Thought I would put in a 90 degree nipple from losi. Should this just be screwed in? Or Do I have to use ca glue, shoe goo or anything else?
Old 06-18-2018, 08:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That depends on whether the nipple has screw threads or is press-fit into place, and whether the fuel tank is made of a soft plastic that can easily conform to the screw threads to make a tight seal.

If you do use glue, I know that epoxy won't work, because nitro fuel will soften epoxy. CA glue probably won't stick after the oil in the fuel touches the glue, and it will definitely be too brittle and it will break loose if the nipple is ever hit or pulled. Shoe Goo works well, though; I used Shoe Goo when building a larger tank for one of my trucks.
yazfat likes this.
Old 06-19-2018, 04:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

No it doesn't screw in. You use the fuel line inside the tank from your clunk, pull it through and put the 90 on. Then push the 90 with the tubing and use the tubing as a grommet. I haven't looked but I've seen you can't just buy the nipple by itself anymore. I'm sure some one will post a picture, if not, I'll post one when I get home. No glue or epoxy needed. I've been running this for 2 years and never had an issue.
Old 06-20-2018, 10:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by hyperfuxx
No it doesn't screw in. You use the fuel line inside the tank from your clunk, pull it through and put the 90 on. Then push the 90 with the tubing and use the tubing as a grommet. I haven't looked but I've seen you can't just buy the nipple by itself anymore. I'm sure some one will post a picture, if not, I'll post one when I get home. No glue or epoxy needed. I've been running this for 2 years and never had an issue.
This was exactly the way I did it. Thanks for your help