Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree521Likes

TLR 8ightX

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-15-2019, 09:43 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: TLR 8ightX
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: 1/8 IC Fan
TLR Eight X

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 02:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Front Arm shortage, Substitute ?

So there is apparently a shortage of 8ight x front arms. Ive had the nitro buggy for a month, and last race hit full speed a stalled buggy at the base of a big double (didn't see it). .Anyhoo, broke a front arm. . They have other wise seemed pretty durable. I replaced with my spare. Problem is Silver State is in 6 weeks and There are no replacements available until after the Silver State. I have a X and an XE and now im afraid to even practice with no replacement options available if I break. I have searched the world online, waiting to hear a request from france but nothing I can find.. Does anyone know of a substitute replacement arm that would work in a pinch? even if I had to modify it. , or has anyone stockpiled 8ight x front arms?
Thanks.
Old 03-22-2019, 04:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Mountainracer, I'll have a spare for you at Silverstate if needed. Just hit me up. I'm always happy to help!

BK
(Just look for the COOL old guy with the grey beard under the TLR tent!) (Plus my name is on the back of my shirt. duh! lol
Old 03-22-2019, 05:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks so much mxwrench. Im fine now just thinking ahead. Ill be the not so cool guy working on my buggy
Old 03-23-2019, 05:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

What other bodies fit the 8ight X?
Old 03-23-2019, 10:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hardly any 8ight-X footage on YT but I had a nice little battle with one today at the season opener.
Old 03-24-2019, 10:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Some good racing.....
Furadi likes this.
Old 03-25-2019, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Furadi
Hardly any 8ight-X footage on YT but I had a nice little battle with one today at the season opener.
Plenty on FB
Furadi likes this.
Old 03-26-2019, 08:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by token
Plenty on FB
What groups? Drives me crazy that RC car footage is so rare on YT. How is Traxxas the only company that's figured out you need to release good promo footage of your vehicles?
Old 03-26-2019, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

What groups? Drives me crazy that RC car footage is so rare on YT. How is Traxxas the only company that's figured out you need to release good promo footage of your vehicles?
Traxxas targets a more general audience. Race cars are no targeted to the same general audience. It's more of a niche. Check out the TLR page.
fastfreddie5754 likes this.
Old 03-26-2019, 01:30 PM
Suspended

Because general RC such as bashers are way more popular than racing. i think you will find most companys make very little from selling "rc race kits" The original MP9 was sold at a loss, hence we saw anno changes etc in next model.
Even personaly, my bashers out weigh my racers by like 10/1 - 1 being the race car.

Traxxas are not stupid, they sponsor and shop up to big events that are to do with real 1:1 car racing these guys matter alot in the big picture as they introduce people to the hobby, then they discover racing etc.
fastfreddie5754 likes this.
Old 03-26-2019, 09:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Even still as a consumer of rc race products I'd love to see promo footage surrounding a vehicle / product release. It's not that hard to get some running footage and upload it to youtube.
jmoneym likes this.
Old 03-27-2019, 05:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iplaygames
Because general RC such as bashers are way more popular than racing. i think you will find most companys make very little from selling "rc race kits" The original MP9 was sold at a loss, hence we saw anno changes etc in next model.
Even personaly, my bashers out weigh my racers by like 10/1 - 1 being the race car.

Traxxas are not stupid, they sponsor and shop up to big events that are to do with real 1:1 car racing these guys matter alot in the big picture as they introduce people to the hobby, then they discover racing etc.
So X-ray makes very little money then? Where is their "basher" line-up? Or, Mugens? The basher side does make more though. Don't understand justifying not making RC promo videos and trying to grow the sport/hobby. X-ray needs to let Traxxas introduce people to the hobby? Not sure what all that is about.
Furadi likes this.
Old 03-27-2019, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

Even still as a consumer of rc race products I'd love to see promo footage surrounding a vehicle / product release. It's not that hard to get some running footage and upload it to youtube.
Never mind
Old 03-27-2019, 01:05 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Big Will
So X-ray makes very little money then? Where is their "basher" line-up? Or, Mugens? The basher side does make more though. Don't understand justifying not making RC promo videos and trying to grow the sport/hobby. X-ray needs to let Traxxas introduce people to the hobby? Not sure what all that is about.
Some brands, especially mugen have an extremely large following along with very little overhead. X-Ray is a touchy subject as the gorv has alot to do with how business's run over there.
Old 03-27-2019, 08:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

After I install the 8x starter box plate, will i still be able to start my 8ight-T 4.0 ? Thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.