Like Tree327Likes

TLR 8ightX

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-15-2019, 09:43 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: TLR 8ightX
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: 1/8 IC Fan
TLR Eight X

Print Wikipost

Old 09-11-2020, 01:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Awesome thank you! Makes sense with him being a JC driver
Old 09-13-2020, 08:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Picked up a ton of parts last night on horizon, Incase anyone has missed it by fall savings has dropped performance parts like the quick change engine mounts 35.99 for the complete set (normally $77) ($15.99 for replacement ears for spare engines normally $30 retail, carbon throttle diff mount normally 70 discounted to 35 etc...) so if your planning on using this car (or buying selling parts) for the next year your time to pick all the stuff up would probably be now. Including other stuff like os parts, was able to get a full psr for $110 for my 2102 speed and got some 85mm headers for 30 bucks. Whooop.

Anyways this also has the look of a new car coming or maybe the 8xt coming out is the reason for the parts being lowered but usually they do this 4 months before a new buggy comes out. I think it would be a bit early to already be clearing the path for an 8 x elite 2.0 but Iíve seen crazier things be the end game before.
Old 09-13-2020, 03:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Matt Piva View Post
Picked up a ton of parts last night on horizon, Incase anyone has missed it by fall savings has dropped performance parts like the quick change engine mounts 35.99 for the complete set (normally $77) ($15.99 for replacement ears for spare engines normally $30 retail, carbon throttle diff mount normally 70 discounted to 35 etc...) so if your planning on using this car (or buying selling parts) for the next year your time to pick all the stuff up would probably be now. Including other stuff like os parts, was able to get a full psr for $110 for my 2102 speed and got some 85mm headers for 30 bucks. Whooop.

Anyways this also has the look of a new car coming or maybe the 8xt coming out is the reason for the parts being lowered but usually they do this 4 months before a new buggy comes out. I think it would be a bit early to already be clearing the path for an 8 x elite 2.0 but Iíve seen crazier things be the end game before.
I also noticed this while putting together a spare parts order. -3mm chassis only $40 which is tempting
Old 09-13-2020, 07:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by D1Rk View Post
I also noticed this while putting together a spare parts order. -3mm chassis only $40 which is tempting
I had to get one last night when I saw it. My order is going to be here fast to since itís local and they ship ASAP. Which you wouldnít respect until you order some batteryís or titanium bolts and it takes 4 months. No joke. I have no problem paying for these goodies on sale and within a day or two from getting. Glow igniters werenít lowered but I grabbed one. And thereís a ton of good stuff on sale. I wish u could just go threw the sale stuff.
Old 09-13-2020, 10:36 PM
Tech Regular

can cvd set 242029 use in elite front ?
Old 09-14-2020, 09:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Marco926 View Post
can cvd set 242029 use in elite front ?
yes they will work. Itís just the stock front or rear cva driveline part that the x had originally. The newer universals were made to absorb bumps better and be plush wish less forward bite, stock cva tend to stiffen up the suspension threw minor bone bind that help drive the car forward better out of fast smooth corners, especially when used in the rear the car darts better but if itís bumpy the car will defect more from what Iíve gathered on the in touch videos. I think this is why the elite has universals upfront and cva in the rear (not sure if the deep yolk has different characteristics but they are a cva a believe still. I believe thereís a entire episode on these alone and go over other types of drivetrain parts and the benefits.
Old 09-14-2020, 05:49 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Matt Piva View Post
yes they will work. Itís just the stock front or rear cva driveline part that the x had originally. The newer universals were made to absorb bumps better and be plush wish less forward bite, stock cva tend to stiffen up the suspension threw minor bone bind that help drive the car forward better out of fast smooth corners, especially when used in the rear the car darts better but if itís bumpy the car will defect more from what Iíve gathered on the in touch videos. I think this is why the elite has universals upfront and cva in the rear (not sure if the deep yolk has different characteristics but they are a cva a believe still. I believe thereís a entire episode on these alone and go over other types of drivetrain parts and the benefits.
thanks, great info.
Old 09-15-2020, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

Itís not totally unusual for stuff like this to get discounted at Horizon as part of a sale event - if anything, itís just to move inventory a bit... Itís when you see things go on sale that are NOT part of some broader sale that you should start speculating. 🙂 Anyway, if those are Elite parts, itís likely to be because they wonít sell many as spares, but itís still good incentive for anyone that wants to upgrade their original kits with Elite parts - 50% is certainly good incentive for that, because it kind of changes the Math a bit in the olí ďupgrade or buy the new kitĒ equation.
D1Rk likes this.
Old 09-15-2020, 08:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by TurnNBurn View Post
Itís not totally unusual for stuff like this to get discounted at Horizon as part of a sale event - if anything, itís just to move inventory a bit... Itís when you see things go on sale that are NOT part of some broader sale that you should start speculating. 🙂 Anyway, if those are Elite parts, itís likely to be because they wonít sell many as spares, but itís still good incentive for anyone that wants to upgrade their original kits with Elite parts - 50% is certainly good incentive for that, because it kind of changes the Math a bit in the olí ďupgrade or buy the new kitĒ equation.
Yup, I picked up the -3 chassis, alum front spindles, alum rear hubs, and alum steering top plate. I got my X kit on close out, and am super stoked I didn't go to the elite. I really like looks of the magnesium color'd shock towers and top plate/center mount vs the elite stuff too. I'm stoked, it makes me happy. I love this buggy.

I also recently did the 3'rd camber link hold mod in the rear tower and it made a huge difference in how the car handles for the better. The rear camber is way more consistent through its travel. The car tracks straighter and is better through the turns, it feels like the rear end follows the front just a little better especially mid turn & if its bumpy.
Old 09-15-2020, 09:35 PM
Tech Regular

Hello D1Rk,

Could You share with me where I can find more information about the 3rd Link Hold Modification in the Rear Tower?

Cheers..

I also recently did the 3'rd camber link hold mod in the rear tower and it made a huge difference in how the car handles for the better. The rear camber is way more consistent through its travel. The car tracks straighter and is better through the turns, it feels like the rear end follows the front just a little better especially mid turn & if its bumpy.
Old 09-16-2020, 06:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

This is what a lot of the team guys are using now. It has multiple holes on the third row for inner camber link holes. https://www.prorc.shop/product-page/...weight-chassie
token likes this.
Old 09-16-2020, 04:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Sure no problem, here's the TLR posts about it. It seems hard but it's really not, especially for what you gain.

Originally Posted by stanleyw808 View Post
Hello D1Rk,

Could You share with me where I can find more information about the 3rd Link Hold Modification in the Rear Tower?

Cheers..
stanleyw808 likes this.
Old 09-16-2020, 04:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

I also noticed Pro Line finally has a body coming for this buggy, seems about right as I just ordered a JC P1.
https://www.prolineracing.com/bodies...lr-8ight-x.asp

Last edited by D1Rk; 09-16-2020 at 06:02 PM.
Old 09-16-2020, 10:44 PM
Tech Regular

Thank You D1Rk..

Do You still use the outer hole on the hub? If so, I predicted that the Rear Upper Arm would be longer than the lower arm.

Cheers..

Sure no problem, here's the TLR posts about it. It seems hard but it's really not, especially for what you gain.

Old 09-17-2020, 07:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by stanleyw808 View Post
Thank You D1Rk..

Do You still use the outer hole on the hub? If so, I predicted that the Rear Upper Arm would be longer than the lower arm.

Cheers..
There is a whole setup for this mod....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.