Like Tree521Likes

TLR 8ightX

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-15-2019, 09:43 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: TLR 8ightX
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: 1/8 IC Fan
TLR Eight X

Print Wikipost

Old 06-18-2018, 10:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Unless you were at the ROAR race (like I was), making a comment about the TLR guys not doing too good is complete ignorance! As Jersey stated, having maybe a week of time running the car before one of the most important races in the US and doing as well as they should have, is impossible. Plus, the track was so fast that one mistake would cost you 4-5 positions. All the TLR team drivers drove very good all weekend, but the level of competition at the race was incredible, coupled with the constantly changing track conditions, I'm surprised that the TLR guys did as well as they did with a completely new buggy. Please don't talk negatively about their results until you know exactly what they all had to deal with at that race!
mattythegreat and slackinoff like this.
Old 06-18-2018, 11:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Officespace
Unless you were at the ROAR race (like I was), making a comment about the TLR guys not doing too good is complete ignorance! As Jersey stated, having maybe a week of time running the car before one of the most important races in the US and doing as well as they should have, is impossible. Plus, the track was so fast that one mistake would cost you 4-5 positions. All the TLR team drivers drove very good all weekend, but the level of competition at the race was incredible, coupled with the constantly changing track conditions, I'm surprised that the TLR guys did as well as they did with a completely new buggy. Please don't talk negatively about their results until you know exactly what they all had to deal with at that race!
Good points. Car looks good and has some nice features.

yeah when has a new car platform taken the ROAR Nats in this new age of racing? Would have been cool that one of the guys won the race with this new car or all 3 guys make the amain? Yeah sure would have but that is not real world. Too many great racers with long standing cars. Of course time will tell how good the car is on the track.
Old 06-18-2018, 12:52 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Realistic expectations

Said to a guy I know..."lucky if they make the A"...
new platform...small top tier team...no notes to go off of...
Old 06-18-2018, 01:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mickey_B
Not much of a showing for the new 8ight-X at ROAR or EURO warm up. Really like the buggy and want to get one, but makes me �� twice about getting on.
I got to disagree, was it the big win. No and I won't get in the why this and why that. I think Phend finished 13th and Denny 18th out of 155 buggies on a brand new buggy, not just an update. Reno qualified 6th over all. Not sure what happened in the mains. UpdateL Reno had a flameout in the semis..

Last edited by token; 06-19-2018 at 06:56 AM.
Old 06-18-2018, 09:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

One thing people have to realize to is some drivers are way better then others. Look at ty, or look at maifield with yokomo think he Didn't have much time on car and won worlds. Some dudes are at a higher level then others. Yea a car can make a huge difference to make you drive better but some dudes will win no matter what car you give them. If someone is really good and they work hard to learn car like ty. They will continue to win.
to not buy a car cause it's not on podium is stupid, it's all driver preference. Some people hate on other brands and never even drove them. Yea some brands might not be as appealing but unless you've tried the car you never know. I think the x looks super good
Old 06-19-2018, 12:18 AM
am
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jersey
One thing people have to realize to is some drivers are way better then others. Look at ty, or look at maifield with yokomo think he Didn't have much time on car and won worlds. Some dudes are at a higher level then others. Yea a car can make a huge difference to make you drive better but some dudes will win no matter what car you give them. If someone is really good and they work hard to learn car like ty. They will continue to win.
to not buy a car cause it's not on podium is stupid, it's all driver preference. Some people hate on other brands and never even drove them. Yea some brands might not be as appealing but unless you've tried the car you never know. I think the x looks super good

Yokomo had a substantial amount of data about their cars before Mayfiled won the worlds :-)
token likes this.
Old 06-19-2018, 11:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Officespace
They have had them longer than a week for sure.. BUT, as stated, it's new and is going to need some time. They will figure it out.
Old 06-19-2018, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MX304
Hard to see in the pics, but you can run the rear shocks in front of the rear arms / shock tower like a 1/10th scale car.
Old 06-19-2018, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

Old 06-19-2018, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Old 06-19-2018, 03:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Finally metric hardware
Lineman26 likes this.
Old 06-20-2018, 12:45 AM
Tech Elite

Old 06-20-2018, 12:45 AM
Tech Elite

Old 06-20-2018, 12:46 AM
Tech Elite

Old 06-20-2018, 12:46 AM
Tech Elite

Default metric screws already show their negative side..

Last edited by speedy2; 07-30-2018 at 01:24 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.