Like Tree510Likes

TLR 8ightX

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-15-2019, 09:43 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: TLR 8ightX
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: 1/8 IC Fan
TLR Eight X

Print Wikipost

Old 01-14-2023, 07:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Longer cvd

I posted a couple weeks ago that when I broke my spindle and bent the cvd shaft that I was able to replace it with a 4.0 (old generation Losi 8) bone, I just had to use the axle barrel and pin from the 8x n it worked great and it was actually a hair bit longer then the 8x cvd bone. Obviously the coupling is different but it fits on the 4.0 shaft identically and u get that extra 2mm longer that will help it from popping out.

so for anyone with a tone of older generation 8 parts like I have, u can use the cvd driveshaft bones if your in a bind. The only concern I got from another member here was to make sure your diff cups aren’t worn out cause they could catch the pin and cause an issue cause the bones a little longer n the pin will sit deeper in the cup. My cups in front had no ware marks so it was good to go.

Last edited by Matt Piva; 01-14-2023 at 07:43 AM.
Old 01-14-2023, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

https://www.horizonhobby.com/product...TLR242053.html
Old 01-16-2023, 05:29 AM
Tech Addict

Is this longer than the outdrives they included in the extra bag?
Old 01-16-2023, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by silence360 View Post
Is this longer than the outdrives they included in the extra bag?
No, new one that 1mm longer than the one in the bag.
Old 01-21-2023, 07:47 AM
Tech Adept

when will a new TLR 8IGHT-X ELITE 1/8 be released
Old 01-21-2023, 10:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by peter. View Post
when will a new TLR 8IGHT-X ELITE 1/8 be released
The 2.0 is 6 months old. I hope to see the truck before the a new buggy.
Old 01-24-2023, 04:57 PM
Tech Adept

Anybody got a weekend warioir set up they would want to share ?I have seen the pro set ups but I am more interested in the weekend warriors set ups they drive more like me . I am really interested in the car, I drove one over the weekemd and it drove nice but i struggled a little bit with the turn in. I am assuming it was just the one I drove. Looking for ideas before i make the plung . Thanks
Old 01-24-2023, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ofna2005 View Post
Anybody got a weekend warioir set up they would want to share ?I have seen the pro set ups but I am more interested in the weekend warriors set ups they drive more like me . I am really interested in the car, I drove one over the weekemd and it drove nice but i struggled a little bit with the turn in. I am assuming it was just the one I drove. Looking for ideas before i make the plung . Thanks
There is a setup sheet in the box. Highly suggested you start there.
Old 01-24-2023, 11:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token View Post
The 2.0 is 6 months old. I hope to see the truck before the a new buggy.
gotta admit Iím waiting on the elite 2.0. That things gonna be a bad mothafugga. The elite 1.0 was a completed unit even if people had there complaints on the design, it came ready to go with what you needed. The next gen elite I canít even begin to think what they will put in the box. Hoping for the car with some added development, and some of those sweet upgrades like the inclined hubs and black uprights, steering column plate. Thatís all the car needs to be a winner out of the box. The rear uprights are a work of art that dunford made. That entire car is sick.