Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree521Likes

TLR 8ightX

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-15-2019, 09:43 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: TLR 8ightX
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: 1/8 IC Fan
TLR Eight X

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 04:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jersey
eBay does sales, 15 and 20 percent off everything on site Max discount 100 bucks. They do the sale usually once a month. So if they have the 20 percent off sale and you buy truggy for 500 you get truggy for 400. Amain sells on eBay and so do a lot of hobby shops. That's when I buy most of my TLR stuff cause you can get 15-20 percent off on it. I've been buying most of my Rc shit during those sales for past year or so Your welcome TLR guys haha
To me, its whats called...the american greed ...just like Traxxas. Horizon and Traxxas should become one. And i'm not wasting anymore of my money on neither one. Seems like Horizon is screwing up futaba here in the states too. Hope Horizon is the next RC company to fail.
Old 07-23-2018, 10:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kaptain crash
To me, its whats called...the american greed ...just like Traxxas. Horizon and Traxxas should become one. And i'm not wasting anymore of my money on neither one. Seems like Horizon is screwing up futaba here in the states too. Hope Horizon is the next RC company to fail.
yea it sucks they don't do discounts, but eBay does discounts so I buy my stuff through there from hibby shops or kit resellers or random people and I get parts cheaper then I would then buying stuff from amain with coupon code. Amain doesn't give 15 to 20 percent off so it's good deal on eBay. Some company's don't do the discount thing so hobby shops can compete with amain tower hobbies etc. no one would buy from hobby shop if you can use discount code online.
Thats what's good with the eBay discount you can use eBay discount code and buy off small hobbys shops online. That's what I do. There is no hobby shops in my area that stock the stuff I need so.
Old 07-24-2018, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

If you look at the list on manufacture exceptions on the coupon, there are alot of companies on that list. I've heard that several manufacturers including Traxxas that don't allow coupons on cars or kits. Reseller markups are pretty low for those products...

If Horizon falls, the industry falls at this point. They are the top dogs. They're not a lot of newly released products that are on sales as soon as released... I enjoy this hobby too much to wish any company in the industry to fail..
RandyJones likes this.
Old 07-24-2018, 08:10 AM
Tech Regular

Great post Token.

RC companies rely on very lean profit margins. Some discounts create a non-revenue situation and these companies are not in business to give away stuff for free. They do too much of that already with sponsored race teams. They have to make money somehow.

If you’re wishing for any rc conpany to fail, especially a distributor like Horizon who supplies local shops, then you’re also wishing for your own hobby to die and disappear. Think about it.
token and slackinoff like this.
Old 07-24-2018, 11:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Discounts and sponsorships will kill the hobby, local hobby shops and manufacturers in the future.
Tommygun1 likes this.
Old 07-24-2018, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sfox1026
Discounts and sponsorships will kill the hobby, local hobby shops and manufacturers in the future.
I'm not sure about discounts, but the number of sponsorships will definitely hurt LHS. Manufactures will be ok, as everyone buys direct. Effect: Limited or no tracks....
Old 07-25-2018, 08:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kaptain crash
I'm not sure this is how it actually works. I don't think disallowing discount codes impacts how much money Horizon (or any other company using that policy) makes. Keep in mind, those codes are issued by the retailers (at least in cases like Amain) not the manufactures or distributors. I am pretty sure the goal of the policy is to prevent the big online retailers from undercutting the cost that small local hobby shops have to sell at.
Capelracer and Micah78 like this.
Old 08-03-2018, 01:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Juan Valdez
I'm not sure this is how it actually works. I don't think disallowing discount codes impacts how much money Horizon (or any other company using that policy) makes. Keep in mind, those codes are issued by the retailers (at least in cases like Amain) not the manufactures or distributors. I am pretty sure the goal of the policy is to prevent the big online retailers from undercutting the cost that small local hobby shops have to sell at.
It's a clever strategy meant to squeeze the entire spectrum of retailers by controlling prices and reducing competition. It has nothing to do with helping out the smaller shops.

To some degree, the policy is also a form of collusion among the big manufacturers.
kaptain crash likes this.
Old 08-04-2018, 08:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Any thoughts on if the 4.0 universals will fit this buggy.
Old 08-04-2018, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mickey_B
Doubtful. Pretty much the only thing that carries over are the diffs. I am pretty sure the X has different length axles compared to the 4.0
Old 08-05-2018, 05:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mickey_B

They will NOT fit. Tyler has driven the X and we were given a rundown on the car. Air filter foam, internal diff parts, some bearings, and the inner hinge pins are pretty much only the same parts from 4.0. There are lots of little things everyone will really like too on the X!
token likes this.
Old 08-05-2018, 07:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RandyJones

They will NOT fit. Tyler has driven the X and we were given a rundown on the car. Air filter foam, internal diff parts, some bearings, and the inner hinge pins are pretty much only the same parts from 4.0. There are lots of little things everyone will really like too on the X!
Copy Thxs!!!
RandyJones likes this.
Old 08-08-2018, 05:13 AM
Tech Rookie

Hurry up "Mid October" (For us Aussies) the pre-order time frame is killing me!
Old 08-08-2018, 11:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DRD72
Hurry up "Mid October" (For us Aussies) the pre-order time frame is killing me!
It will be later than that... Pushed back a bit to make a change..
Old 08-08-2018, 12:59 PM
Tech Master

What’s the change?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.