Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Truggy nitro engine suggestions? >

Truggy nitro engine suggestions?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree21Likes

Truggy nitro engine suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2018, 10:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Truggy nitro engine suggestions?

So I’m moving up to nitro truggy as the etruggy class is non existent here and wondering about good fast motors for an Mbx7tr? If you throw out a suggestion can you also list pros and cons if any? Motors to stay away from? I’ve looked and saw the Werks b5 but wondering about reds, os speed, and other brands. A mugen sponsored driver here runs the ninja but idk how far I want to break the bank just yet. Ready to jump just need some insight on motors please! Thanks in advance!
Old 05-25-2018, 06:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Get the protek ls5 pre-run from amain for $200. Great motor, easy to tune and plenty of power for truggy.
Old 05-25-2018, 09:05 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Truggy motor

Roma .25 and still pull consistent 9 min runs with 7.5 restrictor...
Because of the power I can baby the throttle and still get great milage...
Old 05-25-2018, 09:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by turndownwhip
Roma .25 and still pull consistent 9 min runs with 7.5 restrictor...
Because of the power I can baby the throttle and still get great milage...

I’ve heard of the Roma before and was told tons of power. Most of the guys here run the os b2101 and the spec 2 and 3s here I’m looking to be competitive but also have a lot of learning to do... having a ton of power might not be great with not knowing he truck too well as of yet. Definitely going to keep this in mind though!
Old 05-25-2018, 01:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bandring
So I’m moving up to nitro truggy as the etruggy class is non existent here and wondering about good fast motors for an Mbx7tr? If you throw out a suggestion can you also list pros and cons if any? Motors to stay away from? I’ve looked and saw the Werks b5 but wondering about reds, os speed, and other brands. A mugen sponsored driver here runs the ninja but idk how far I want to break the bank just yet. Ready to jump just need some insight on motors please! Thanks in advance!
I think that our Werks B5 engine has a pretty proven reputation as being an excellent truggy engine and with our new B5-Pro II it's performance has only gotten better! Let me know if you would like any specific information or have any questions about our products and I'll do my best to answer them!
grizz1, ASA and Bandring like this.
Old 05-25-2018, 01:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Fx Royal K501R, at around $200 it is a great engine.

Rex
Old 05-25-2018, 05:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Werks
I think that our Werks B5 engine has a pretty proven reputation as being an excellent truggy engine and with our new B5-Pro II it's performance has only gotten better! Let me know if you would like any specific information or have any questions about our products and I'll do my best to answer them!

yeah I have been looking pretty hard at the B5 Pro II... I see that amain is on backorder for the 2013 pipe... are they going to become available anytime soon? Haven’t looked to other retailers just yet just my main search through amain.
Old 05-25-2018, 05:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Os XRB -V2 paired with a 2090 pipe would be great in a truggy, OS entry level engine that won’t break the bank and could push a truggy easily, i bealive it made the truggy podium at the roar nats warm up race. Also the protek 2090 pipe is a few bucks cheaper then the OS one.
Bandring likes this.
Old 05-25-2018, 05:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Expose193
Os XRB -V2 paired with a 2090 pipe would be great in a truggy, OS entry level engine that won’t break the bank and could push a truggy easily, i bealive it made the truggy podium at the roar nats warm up race. Also the protek 2090 pipe is a few bucks cheaper then the OS one.
That sounds like a good option too. Thanks I’ll be looking into that too!
Old 05-26-2018, 04:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

The Adam Drake edition novarossi is a great choice as well for $200 par is with a 021 manifold and either 9901 pipe or a 9853 pipe. Great power band for a truggy. Absolute Hobbyz you can get the engine with pipe setup for under $300 shipped with coupons
Old 05-26-2018, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

yeah I have been looking pretty hard at the B5 Pro II... I see that amain is on backorder for the 2013 pipe... are they going to become available anytime soon? Haven’t looked to other retailers just yet just my main search through amain.
I think they just sold out on 2013's as they just ordered more yesterday in their regular weekly orders, so they should have them back in stock on Tuesday when they open back up after the hollidays. Having said that I would probably pair the B5-Pro II engine with our 2058 pipe set instead (to start with) as the motor already has a bunch of torque. The 2013 is really an overall power pipe and the 2058 is going to make slightly less bottom with similar mid and top but make about 30 sec or so more run time. So I recommend that people start with that pipe (2058), then play around with clutch set up to optimize power delivery for your type of tracks and conditions that you run on and after that in the unlikely event that you feel that you do need more bottom end punch you can then also switch over to a 2013 pipe set.

Also in regards to the engine and pipe combo you can check out A-main for it but please also do not forget that Absolute Hobbyz also stocks all of our products too so either company can help you out!
Old 05-29-2018, 04:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Werks
I think they just sold out on 2013's as they just ordered more yesterday in their regular weekly orders, so they should have them back in stock on Tuesday when they open back up after the hollidays. Having said that I would probably pair the B5-Pro II engine with our 2058 pipe set instead (to start with) as the motor already has a bunch of torque. The 2013 is really an overall power pipe and the 2058 is going to make slightly less bottom with similar mid and top but make about 30 sec or so more run time. So I recommend that people start with that pipe (2058), then play around with clutch set up to optimize power delivery for your type of tracks and conditions that you run on and after that in the unlikely event that you feel that you do need more bottom end punch you can then also switch over to a 2013 pipe set.

Also in regards to the engine and pipe combo you can check out A-main for it but please also do not forget that Absolute Hobbyz also stocks all of our products too so either company can help you out!

Thanks for everything guys specially you Werks! Thanks for taking the time to inform me a little on pipe recommendations! Ended up going with the Werks B5-Pro II. Will be looking into pipes here in the next week again weighing my options with the 2013 and the 2058. Talk to some local guys and see what they’re thought is on our localish tracks and make a plan from there. Hopefully once I receive it send it out to drake and once again get it I’ll have a pipe and Werks clutch setup laying in wait!
ASA likes this.
Old 05-29-2018, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks for everything guys specially you Werks! Thanks for taking the time to inform me a little on pipe recommendations! Ended up going with the Werks B5-Pro II. Will be looking into pipes here in the next week again weighing my options with the 2013 and the 2058. Talk to some local guys and see what they’re thought is on our localish tracks and make a plan from there. Hopefully once I receive it send it out to drake and once again get it I’ll have a pipe and Werks clutch setup laying in wait!
Awesome, thank you for choosing to go with one of our engines! I think that you are going to love the feel of our new B5-Pro II and as mentioned if you ever have any questions or need some help please do not hesitate to touch base with us either via PM, email or you can simply post your questions on the B5 thread
grizz1, ASA and Bandring like this.
Old 05-29-2018, 12:57 PM
Tech Elite

I like my Orion 7 port WS in my truck.
Old 05-30-2018, 06:08 AM
Tech Regular

Novarossi Rolling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.