Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
RCGP - Nitro Buggy, World Series >

RCGP - Nitro Buggy, World Series

Like Tree46Likes

RCGP - Nitro Buggy, World Series

Old 05-22-2018, 10:39 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Pay them in bitcoin! Also, it takes a million years longer for good rc guys to retire unlike motocross or motogp, so it's harder to move up in the sponsored ranks when most of the positions are taken. You have to be outstanding, CJ Jelin comes to mind.
Old 05-22-2018, 10:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

And look what pops up minutes after I write about Batlle, Ronnefalk and JQ 😂
Old 05-22-2018, 11:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DIME:RC View Post
And look what pops up minutes after I write about Batlle, Ronnefalk and JQ 😂
And this explains JQ Threads (new company)....it really is a JQ Takeover (just speculating lol)
Old 05-23-2018, 03:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

RCGP announce the World Series -NeoBuggy.net ? Offroad RC Car News
token likes this.
Old 05-25-2018, 01:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Lots of Pros seem to backing this via Facebook.

Love the fact drivers will have their own dedicated number too
Old 05-25-2018, 08:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
No toplevel competition in RC racing have brought grow on clublevel. Even now with plenty of Internet coverage from like REDRC with their ETS/EOS/ENS, RCracingtv with their European championships and even LiveRC with all their US based races do not make it to the wide public.
Most of the coverage have only an eye on the top drivers, the rest who are making such large event possible with buying products and subscribe to those races as field filling are hardly mentioned. RCracingTV is not that big with live coverage on the EC-B's and 40+ as with the EC-A races. Also on REDRC you can count the written words on 2 hands about the new ENS 40+ race.

If you want to attract people to go to the larger races then make sure that everyone counts.Even if its about a "boring" F-final, make a report with a nice overview of the finish so people can inform their home front.

And then, what are those top guys doing to the clubs and their fans? Most of them I know are avoiding the local clubs. Not only due a busy schedule but they are also "too good" to mingle among low level drivers, why spending expensive practise time to those poor drivers to help them to a higher level and try to avoid them 2 times a lap on the the track.....
While most top guys from Nascar, Indy, F1, Soccer, Football, Baseball etc have a kind of support program for youngsters to create new blood helping people and their sports.

Our sport has a lack of a right PR machine telling (forcing) drivers what to do to promote their sports and try to lift it into the same TV programs as other sports. And although this seems a good promotion, it is not. I am missing all other RC racing classes.

100%
Retired09 likes this.
Old 05-26-2018, 07:18 AM
Tech Initiate

To be quite honest it's all great in theory, but the reality is unless the promoting organisation can secure at least a one hour time slot on a national tv broadcast schedule, at a sensible air-time (either terrestrial or satellite) and the huge amount of financial resource required that takes, it'll never happen at the level talked about. Especially if the aim is to generate the sport of racing RC cars to a much wider audience and in turn, entice new people to get involved. 2am on a backwater satellite/terrestrial channel, for like half an hour, is never gonna cut it. Nor is live broadcast over the internet for anyone outside of RC, as is currently the case.

I mean, it took nearly the best part of 20 years for Sky (UK satellite provider) to start showing the WSBK and MX world championships in their entirety, on Eurosport 1 and 2. And they've got some serious money involved racing both of those series. Prior to that, it was dodgy coverage in the middle of the night, for 30 minutes, when there was bugger all else on. The X games also springs to mind...and you think how big their audience is and yet it's still confined to satellite broadcast only (well in the UK it is) and that took years for that to happen.

The sad fact is as well, that in the world of RC racing there aren't one or two really marketable personalities that could be put in front of a camera and for them to appeal instantly to the general non RC public. You ask most people in the street "Who is Valentino Rossi?" And most will say "Some guy who rides motorbikes really fast", ask the same question using Tony Cairoli or Jonny Rae as the exemplar and they'll be "Who?" So try that with any of the top RC drivers and they'll tell you to f*ck off and bother someone else.

The only way this thing will ever fly, to a bigger audience and for the reasons they want it to, is going to require such a massive investment that it'll never happen. Even if the different manufacturers all pooled their resources, it still won't be enough. Aside from fact that the current financial side of running an RC business is extremely tight and they do the minimal amount of promotion outside of the RC universe as it is. So why in the hell would an outside investor want to get involved with such a niche marketplace, where Joe Public is most likely never going to see their product being promoted?

That would be like F1 or MotoGP teams only promoting or having sponsors directly connected to car and bike brands or products. It just wouldn't be enough food to feed the animal. I remember when the FIA announced that all tobacco sponsorship branding was no longer allowed, it pretty much sent the F1 teams into a state of panic and the hunt was on for serious outside non tobacco company investment.

So for this venture to get off the ground, RCGP as a business, would need to land two or three mainline sponsors that aren't connected to RC, but want to promote their product to a wide audience but don't want to pay F1 money and yet still want the tv coverage to match it. But won't put up the dollar unless RCGP can secure the tv deal first. A classic chicken and egg situation. And tv production companies and broadcasters are extremely precious with what they'll put out.

Thank god for YouTube, because that's the only place you're likely to see RCGP get any air-time.
Old 05-27-2018, 03:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

So if you don't have prime time on worldwide TV it's not going to work??
"No marketable individual", well maybe they should all have a chans in front of the camera first, and all the media training that the other guys from other sports gets...
I guess F1, MotoGP and other big motorsports just came to be one day; "And on the third day, there was televised and highly sponsored racing for all mankind!" That sounds about as logic as the leis they are trying to sell to lost souls in church.

Back in the real world, I believe someone is trying to start a good thing little by little. Maybe get some local Tv station to do a 15-30 minute broadcast within another show in the county they are racing in. Just showing the best bits of what happened in the race and some short intervjus, in time maybe with some other motorsport event.
And yes, some of the big racing leagues makes sure that some dribble back down, to stay alive. But many of the top racers doesn't even manage their own public media accounts due to the time it would take, so what you see racers posting online is many times not from them self, they have close to zero time over to help and/or promote anything.
Whereas in RC racing you can as a rookie actually attend and race together with your hero. If they don't have time right there and then, well tuff luck, they can't be doing all of the things you're demanding of them all at once if they are going to stay on top.
If your trying to get people to stay in racing, then getting noticed in some way even if your last might help some people to feel like they have accomplished something so they come back next time. But for people watching the racing out of interest, how many actually cares what happens outside the A-main?

And as long as curling is an Olympic event, I would say they have a fighting chans to get a couple of minutes of airtime in a couple of years somehow.
Old 05-28-2018, 03:37 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by NitroVein View Post
So if you don't have prime time on worldwide TV it's not going to work??
"No marketable individual", well maybe they should all have a chans in front of the camera first, and all the media training that the other guys from other sports gets...
I guess F1, MotoGP and other big motorsports just came to be one day; "And on the third day, there was televised and highly sponsored racing for all mankind!" That sounds about as logic as the leis they are trying to sell to lost souls in church.

Back in the real world, I believe someone is trying to start a good thing little by little. Maybe get some local Tv station to do a 15-30 minute broadcast within another show in the county they are racing in. Just showing the best bits of what happened in the race and some short intervjus, in time maybe with some other motorsport event.
And yes, some of the big racing leagues makes sure that some dribble back down, to stay alive. But many of the top racers doesn't even manage their own public media accounts due to the time it would take, so what you see racers posting online is many times not from them self, they have close to zero time over to help and/or promote anything.
Whereas in RC racing you can as a rookie actually attend and race together with your hero. If they don't have time right there and then, well tuff luck, they can't be doing all of the things you're demanding of them all at once if they are going to stay on top.
If your trying to get people to stay in racing, then getting noticed in some way even if your last might help some people to feel like they have accomplished something so they come back next time. But for people watching the racing out of interest, how many actually cares what happens outside the A-main?

And as long as curling is an Olympic event, I would say they have a fighting chans to get a couple of minutes of airtime in a couple of years somehow.
Ah bless, didn't mummy tell you not everyone is going to share your naive opinion and actually look at things with reality glasses on. I didn't say prime time, I said at a sensible time by the way
I didn't say at any point it's a bad idea, just that it's not going to happen at the prospective level it's been cited at because of the reasons I mentioned. But obviously you missed, or ignored, the point I was making because it was better to throw your toys out of the pram and be sarcastic. And then you have the gall to start your next paragraph with 'back in the real world'

The only people who give a sh*t about RC racing, are people who give a sh*t about RC racing. Fact. And that's the way it'll stay...as sad as that is. Well, until at some point the public at large are exposed to it on a very large scale. So you carry on believing that's not the case and I'll carry on being realistic and lets see where we are in 12 months time. Which hopefully by then, you'll have learned how to spell tough, interview and chance. And there's actually more people watch curling then have ever watched an A-main...which is another sad but true fact.
Old 05-28-2018, 06:54 AM
JQ
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 2fst4u67 View Post
To be quite honest it's all great in theory, but the reality is unless the promoting organisation can secure at least a one hour time slot on a national tv broadcast schedule, at a sensible air-time (either terrestrial or satellite) and the huge amount of financial resource required that takes, it'll never happen at the level talked about. Especially if the aim is to generate the sport of racing RC cars to a much wider audience and in turn, entice new people to get involved. 2am on a backwater satellite/terrestrial channel, for like half an hour, is never gonna cut it. Nor is live broadcast over the internet for anyone outside of RC, as is currently the case.

I mean, it took nearly the best part of 20 years for Sky (UK satellite provider) to start showing the WSBK and MX world championships in their entirety, on Eurosport 1 and 2. And they've got some serious money involved racing both of those series. Prior to that, it was dodgy coverage in the middle of the night, for 30 minutes, when there was bugger all else on. The X games also springs to mind...and you think how big their audience is and yet it's still confined to satellite broadcast only (well in the UK it is) and that took years for that to happen.

The sad fact is as well, that in the world of RC racing there aren't one or two really marketable personalities that could be put in front of a camera and for them to appeal instantly to the general non RC public. You ask most people in the street "Who is Valentino Rossi?" And most will say "Some guy who rides motorbikes really fast", ask the same question using Tony Cairoli or Jonny Rae as the exemplar and they'll be "Who?" So try that with any of the top RC drivers and they'll tell you to f*ck off and bother someone else.

The only way this thing will ever fly, to a bigger audience and for the reasons they want it to, is going to require such a massive investment that it'll never happen. Even if the different manufacturers all pooled their resources, it still won't be enough. Aside from fact that the current financial side of running an RC business is extremely tight and they do the minimal amount of promotion outside of the RC universe as it is. So why in the hell would an outside investor want to get involved with such a niche marketplace, where Joe Public is most likely never going to see their product being promoted?

That would be like F1 or MotoGP teams only promoting or having sponsors directly connected to car and bike brands or products. It just wouldn't be enough food to feed the animal. I remember when the FIA announced that all tobacco sponsorship branding was no longer allowed, it pretty much sent the F1 teams into a state of panic and the hunt was on for serious outside non tobacco company investment.

So for this venture to get off the ground, RCGP as a business, would need to land two or three mainline sponsors that aren't connected to RC, but want to promote their product to a wide audience but don't want to pay F1 money and yet still want the tv coverage to match it. But won't put up the dollar unless RCGP can secure the tv deal first. A classic chicken and egg situation. And tv production companies and broadcasters are extremely precious with what they'll put out.

Thank god for YouTube, because that's the only place you're likely to see RCGP get any air-time.
Youtube and social media is where the action is these days, not TV. The TV is the radio of the old days, and youtube is the TV. Get with the times. There are millionaire youtubers, who only put out content on youtube. All RCGP needs is a professional and talented crew of filmakers to create a youtube series around RCGP, and it can take off.
Old 05-28-2018, 07:42 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by JQ View Post
Youtube and social media is where the action is these days, not TV. The TV is the radio of the old days, and youtube is the TV. Get with the times. There are millionaire youtubers, who only put out content on youtube. All RCGP needs is a professional and talented crew of filmakers to create a youtube series around RCGP, and it can take off.
You think? Nothing will reach a wider public than TV. Internet is not like TV that you can walk through the limited channels to see what is on. Look at F1, many TV channels start a preview 1 or even 2 hours before the start of the race and some use the time to walk through other motorsports as well. These programs are not available on the internet unless you pay for such channels or know how the start up an illegal stream.
You can try to transmit the most interesting RC TV programs on a youtube channel but for the non RC public it will never be found.

And yes, the Internet TV shows are find by youngsters who hang more on all kind of social media mostly promoted by famous video bloggers but the current dad's in the search for a hobby/sports to do with their kids are still "simple" people not that busy online but switching on the TV to watch sport channels. I truly believe that a whole year competition getting a monthly item on a TV channel for just 10 minutes an item will do a lot more than 10 hours on a youtube channel.
2fst4u67 likes this.
Old 05-28-2018, 08:01 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by JQ View Post
The TV is the radio of the old days, and youtube is the TV. Get with the times
That has got to be the dumbest statement I've read for quite some time. Not everyone on the entire planet watches everything via some form of device, other than a TV. Indeed, some folks can hardly afford a TV set, let alone something else to watch stuff on just so they can 'get with the times', as you so inanely put it. I did mention that YouTube was the only place you're likely to see this venture be aired should it take off, but you obviously didn't see that bit. My post was an observation and an opinion after reading the RCGP prospectus on another media site and taking from that, it appeared that their intent is to promote RC racing in a format similar to existing global motorsport championships, to the masses and not just a target audience who watch everything on the phones. Perhaps I misread it.

That said, the rest of your reply does indeed include some valid points with regards to how media is viewed this days.
Old 05-28-2018, 08:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2fst4u67 View Post
Ah bless, didn't mummy tell you not everyone is going to share your naive opinion and actually look at things with reality glasses on. I didn't say prime time, I said at a sensible time by the way
I didn't say at any point it's a bad idea, just that it's not going to happen at the prospective level it's been cited at because of the reasons I mentioned. But obviously you missed, or ignored, the point I was making because it was better to throw your toys out of the pram and be sarcastic. And then you have the gall to start your next paragraph with 'back in the real world'

The only people who give a sh*t about RC racing, are people who give a sh*t about RC racing. Fact. And that's the way it'll stay...as sad as that is. Well, until at some point the public at large are exposed to it on a very large scale. So you carry on believing that's not the case and I'll carry on being realistic and lets see where we are in 12 months time. Which hopefully by then, you'll have learned how to spell tough, interview and chance. And there's actually more people watch curling then have ever watched an A-main...which is another sad but true fact.
#1 Everything I wrote wasn't about you, that's why I didn't quote you directly. I might be naive from time to time, but you're pretty delusional, contradictional and narcissistic in your behavior.
#2 A lot of people on this forum doesn't speak english as a first languish. Though some people make it very difficult to understand, if you need to pick on a couple of words just to make yourself feel great, then I was most likely right about #1.
#3 I'll do my best to avoid being sarcastic if you take a printout of this conversation to a shrink so you can start to understand other people, and maybe in time yourself.
Old 05-28-2018, 09:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
You think? Nothing will reach a wider public than TV. Internet is not like TV that you can walk through the limited channels to see what is on. Look at F1, many TV channels start a preview 1 or even 2 hours before the start of the race and some use the time to walk through other motorsports as well. These programs are not available on the internet unless you pay for such channels or know how the start up an illegal stream.
You can try to transmit the most interesting RC TV programs on a youtube channel but for the non RC public it will never be found.

And yes, the Internet TV shows are find by youngsters who hang more on all kind of social media mostly promoted by famous video bloggers but the current dad's in the search for a hobby/sports to do with their kids are still "simple" people not that busy online but switching on the TV to watch sport channels. I truly believe that a whole year competition getting a monthly item on a TV channel for just 10 minutes an item will do a lot more than 10 hours on a youtube channel.
There is strengths to TV, but also drawbacks due to different agreements, well at least in regards to the big sports. It would cost a fortune for me to be able to see all the different motorsports that I like. Youtube kind of cuts through all of that and it's a bit easier to control any possible payments etc, not that there is any such plans that I know of.
A lot of older people also use things like Facebook today, get it trending there and things will take off quicker then on TV. But getting a couple of minutes of airtime on TV sure would help a lot too, it's less likely that someone changes channel then scrolling by to the next thing on the timeline.
I'm not sure how much sponsor money they would need in the end, but if it's to cover traveling expenses etc, then it shouldn't be any problems. Redbull etc spends more money on less exposure sometimes, so if you have a couple more sponsors that shouldn't be too big of a problem.
Ones things are going it's more about time and opportunity to make it grow. But, even with the best opportunities and all the luck in the world, how big can it really be..?
Old 05-28-2018, 09:37 AM
Tech Champion

Over here in the Netherlands we have Maxmenia. The entrance of Max Verstappen to the F1 and his performance (beside the errors...) did make many kids go to karting.Sadly due a lack of a PR activities at our Dutch RC racing organisation the RC racing had no gain. With a right promotion as a much affordable option to be a racer we could have welcomed new members to the RC racing clubs.
stanleyw808 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service