Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
RCGP - Nitro Buggy, World Series >

RCGP - Nitro Buggy, World Series

Like Tree46Likes

RCGP - Nitro Buggy, World Series

Old 05-21-2018, 08:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

RCGP Series

This pretty much sums it all up, with prize purse.

premier class and a open class
Old 05-21-2018, 09:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by DIME:RC View Post
RCGP Series

This pretty much sums it all up, with prize purse.

premier class and a open class
Look three post above yours ^^

Lets hope they keep things really organized at the events as well, the "we'll see when it happens" you read about from the US races isn't doing anyone a favor either. Racing that's on TV is usually planed down to the seconds.
DIME:RC likes this.
Old 05-21-2018, 12:37 PM
Tech Champion

No toplevel competition in RC racing have brought grow on clublevel. Even now with plenty of Internet coverage from like REDRC with their ETS/EOS/ENS, RCracingtv with their European championships and even LiveRC with all their US based races do not make it to the wide public.
Most of the coverage have only an eye on the top drivers, the rest who are making such large event possible with buying products and subscribe to those races as field filling are hardly mentioned. RCracingTV is not that big with live coverage on the EC-B's and 40+ as with the EC-A races. Also on REDRC you can count the written words on 2 hands about the new ENS 40+ race.

If you want to attract people to go to the larger races then make sure that everyone counts.Even if its about a "boring" F-final, make a report with a nice overview of the finish so people can inform their home front.

And then, what are those top guys doing to the clubs and their fans? Most of them I know are avoiding the local clubs. Not only due a busy schedule but they are also "too good" to mingle among low level drivers, why spending expensive practise time to those poor drivers to help them to a higher level and try to avoid them 2 times a lap on the the track.....
While most top guys from Nascar, Indy, F1, Soccer, Football, Baseball etc have a kind of support program for youngsters to create new blood helping people and their sports.

Our sport has a lack of a right PR machine telling (forcing) drivers what to do to promote their sports and try to lift it into the same TV programs as other sports. And although this seems a good promotion, it is not. I am missing all other RC racing classes.
8ight-t_sbs likes this.
Old 05-21-2018, 02:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

No, I guess we should all give up, if nothing has worked before it ain't going to work no either...

There is two sides to getting growth, getting people aware that there is such thing as RC racing (hence why they intend to get it broadcast with other events outside RC), second thing is keeping them there (hence why there is an open class along side).
But no, this isn't going to pull all of the weight (well I doubt so at least), but it seems like a good initiative. And if people get aware and interested, then specialized RC media can pull some weight as well. It's pretty difficult to know that you want something if you never seen or heard about it.

I know people in RC racing can be quite shitty towards people and grouping up, not letting anyone new in. But should they have the last say?
If you're already in to the RC industry there are a lot of the top drivers helping out online on social media. I personally follow Drake, Ronnefalk, JQ (and more) and they are all pretty eager to answer questions and posting how to videos online etc.
In the end, growth doesn't happen over night, as more money gets involved more demands will be put on the drivers and things can take of slowly.
Old 05-21-2018, 07:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Super excited to see R/C become more mainstream. I hope it works :-)
NitroVein likes this.
Old 05-22-2018, 12:05 AM
Tech Champion

My experience is that how bigger the races the less time the top drivers have to help others, finally I expect that this will turn out as every other big race.... But OK, we have to see....
Old 05-22-2018, 02:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

I know when I was a kid a lot of the other kids wanted to be all sorts of sports celebrities due to seeing it on TV, so they joined clubs and practiced every spare minute they had. I don't believe anyone of them made it even remotely big, and that's how it is, there isn't room for everyone and a lot of things need to happen alongside as well.
RC racing do have better opportunities, but it wont make you a millionaire on the other hand. So I guess the real question is, how big can it be if everything goes 100% well for the sport?

And from what I've seen about this idea, it's not a 100% focus on getting new drivers, but supporting the ones that makes it big. But the bigger they get, the more appealing dream it will become for young kids.
I'm not too sure it will work either, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.
8ight-t_sbs likes this.
Old 05-22-2018, 04:45 AM
Tech Rookie

I’m super excited for this! Clearly, RCGP has the potential to professionalize and massively boost RC racing.

Well-made coverage of races should not be underestimated in terms of promoting RC as a hobby and especially as a competitive sport. I manage a club with 2 tracks and we do a lot of promoting through high-end media coverage. The guy that just bought his first Traxxas might not care too much, but a cool video from Neobuggy or some other big race can be a huge motivation for club racers that are thinking about attending national races and perhaps an international event in the future (EOS/ETS has been great in this respect).

Big races/coverage is also great for creating an identity with the club and between the members. We have get together's where we watch big races, bet on winners, promote them on our FB groups/forums, discuss them afterwards etc. Great tool for club management and development as well as super fun of course.

The potential boost for the RC industry as a whole is really a no brainer; better races, more competitive lineup and more and even better media coverage is a big plus for anyone involved – from the new kid the block, the pro’s, local clubs, race organizers, and even for established races. As an example, the series will apparently strive to work with established races, perhaps by integrating various annual classics into the series. If so, RCGP has the potential to bring absolute classics such as the Montpellier GP into a much more professional framework and support the race rather than marginalize it (the 2017 Montpellier GP was a thriller, had the media coverage been top notch it would have reached a lot more people and been even more fun to watch).

Can’t wait to see how this pans out��
Old 05-22-2018, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The real question is why did liverc.com pull an announcement on their site about it and there is no info about it on redrc.net nor neobuggy.net? I mean these are the 3 biggest offroad news sites. But there is a writeup of it on rcmxonline.com which looks like a sister site and and carolinarcnews.com and the only other thing is links about the video on FB
Old 05-22-2018, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Both liverc and neo had posts about it on monday but they were gone by last night
Old 05-22-2018, 09:33 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nashrcracer View Post
The real question is why did liverc.com pull an announcement on their site about it and there is no info about it on redrc.net nor neobuggy.net? I mean these are the 3 biggest offroad news sites. But there is a writeup of it on rcmxonline.com which looks like a sister site and and carolinarcnews.com and the only other thing is links about the video on FB
Yea, what is up with that? Very strange.

Rm
Old 05-22-2018, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by HaulinBass View Post
Both liverc and neo had posts about it on monday but they were gone by last night
didn't catch the neobuggy one but I wonder if it's because some think JQ has a hand in it?
Old 05-22-2018, 09:51 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Smile

wheres Waldo?
8ight-t_sbs and MaricopaAgent like this.
Old 05-22-2018, 10:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Id imagine rcgp requested to have them removed at this time, they might have possibly signed an exclusive media deal if everything is legit.
I want to know whos backing this series and where is the money coming from as in both mma and snowboarding ive seen contest/series/fights pop up that were nothing but a scam in the end. Even a few years ago in alberta a few guys scammed a couple hundred thousand from people claiming they were opening an indoor racing facility, even had a fancy site so everyone thought it was legit.
Old 05-22-2018, 10:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by nashrcracer View Post
dosnt JQ do blogs for rcmxonline? Or used to do blogs for them?

Like I said in a earlier post I feel JQ, Batlle and Ronnefaulk have a lot of say in this. JQ and Batlle the main ones though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service