Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Question on my old HB d812 >

Question on my old HB d812

Question on my old HB d812

Old 04-18-2018, 09:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Question on my old HB d812

Hello guys , just dig some old toys and found my old d812, still looks as new as it was , everything thing still feels solid !😁😁😁😁😁
i plan to put it back to action but worried about parts avilbity , easy to break item like dog bones , a arm , shock tower and stuff , can i use the 815parts ? Or maybe even the 817's ? They looks almost the same to me ...
since the car worth nothing not if i sell it mine as well i'll blast the shxt out of it.
Old 04-19-2018, 02:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bipbay View Post
Hello guys , just dig some old toys and found my old d812, still looks as new as it was , everything thing still feels solid !😁😁😁😁😁
i plan to put it back to action but worried about parts avilbity , easy to break item like dog bones , a arm , shock tower and stuff , can i use the 815parts ? Or maybe even the 817's ? They looks almost the same to me ...
since the car worth nothing not if i sell it mine as well i'll blast the shxt out of it.
All new parts will work for you.
Old 04-19-2018, 07:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by brokenmoto View Post
All new parts will work for you.
even the new 817's ?
Old 04-19-2018, 02:30 PM
ASA
Tech Adept

The D8 series is very up-gradable.......especially the 812 through to the 817v2
Old 04-19-2018, 06:12 PM
Tech Regular

Have fun with the upgrades! I have found that the biggest improvement over the D812 is the newer gear ratios allowing the 13t clutch bell, the captured driveshafts in the center via the new input gear in the new gearboxes. Also a small detail but the rear shocks have less threads so the springs dont rub.
finally the rear roll center plates on the hubs are very tunable...if not expensive! You can install the bellows bladders too or go full emulsion depending on the track.
Old 04-19-2018, 07:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

I was also thinking about to turn it into brushless buggy , wife never like the left over smell on my hands and the car.....good idea ?
Old 04-19-2018, 09:04 PM
Tech Regular

Cheaper to go with Monster RC or HPI Vorza parts than doing the conversion using the E817 parts...if u can find an old Tekno conversion thatll be awesome.
Old 04-20-2018, 05:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by turndownwhip View Post
Cheaper to go with Monster RC or HPI Vorza parts than doing the conversion using the E817 parts...if u can find an old Tekno conversion thatll be awesome.
just ordered the hobby pro convertion , will let you guys know how it turn out.
and i saw there is not much different on the vorza compare to my 812, that 's almost look like a rtr 812