Like Tree4Likes

1/8 track

Old 03-13-2018, 06:50 PM
Tech Adept

Default 1/8 track

HI! I have been searching on here and seen some pretty good responses! past and present. Please re-direct me if wrong with forum.
Question: There is some land opportunity I have to build an rc dirt track. the land has motorsports already on it!---drag racing,crotch rocket racing course,road racing course,dirt oval racing. The land is leased by the city. what would I need to do to build a 1/8 race track? The operator of the sports park specify they already have insurance. Would I need rc insurance? Also,is there any possibility of the city funding a drivers stand,pit lane,pipeing,etc... to do so? I just don't have thousands of dollars to start up a rc track. Who to chat with for help with? There is a pretty big community of racers here and surrounding cities to race.Thanks!
Old 03-13-2018, 07:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Pretty much every question you asked is specific to your location.

In Australia we can apply for sporting grants based on number of members/kids/disability accessibility etc but it could be drastically different to where you are.

As a minimum youd need dirt for the track, a drivers stand, and a flat area with access to power/water for pitting.

Look into local buisnesses too. For something as simple as a banner on your drivers stand you may be able to get free hire on earthmoving equiptment etc etc.
Old 03-13-2018, 07:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I imagine that with enough effort and the right connections the city will pay for most of the expenses. Here in Florida tracks have had everything from drivers stands to nearly the whole facility paid for by the city.
Old 03-13-2018, 10:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

if you set up a not for profit "club" tax incorporation, you can collect membership dues to pay for equipment and be tax exempt, im not sure how liability works under someone elses "commercial" property insurance, or the issues with r/c car racing falling under "motorsport" insurance, if you use the land owners incorporation, they get hit with added costs if incidents go down, from injury, to whatever building codes, adl access, noise that you would have to fill, plus if theres any income recorded, he may get the tax hit depending on his corporation setup... not too familiar with colorado laws, but thats some stuff ive looked into
Old 03-14-2018, 06:09 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IOP_Racer View Post
I imagine that with enough effort and the right connections the city will pay for most of the expenses. Here in Florida tracks have had everything from drivers stands to nearly the whole facility paid for by the city.
If this is the case, we need to get together and open a 1/8th track in Orlando. Currently Orlando, FL has nothing
BHutch likes this.
Old 03-14-2018, 07:31 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by sebtarta View Post
If this is the case, we need to get together and open a 1/8th track in Orlando. Currently Orlando, FL has nothing
AMEN BROTHER!!!
Old 03-15-2018, 07:45 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Are you in Colorado?
Old 03-15-2018, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

Generally, cities will not put any money in to your project. You will need a few thousand dollars to get everything needed. Hell just the timing system is like 3-4 grand. Driver stand, keep in mind handicap accessible for alot of cities. You have ALOT of knowledgeable track builders and racers locally. ijs My business plan was like $15k to build a RACE track. That was just to get started.
the wrench likes this.
Old 03-15-2018, 07:02 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rjmakk View Post
Are you in Colorado?
yes colorado
Old 03-15-2018, 07:06 PM
Tech Adept

'

Last edited by snoborder73; 03-16-2018 at 07:45 AM. Reason: wrong quote
Old 03-19-2018, 09:36 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by snoborder73 View Post
yes colorado
which part? we got a good crew of 8th scale racers in ABQ
Old 03-19-2018, 06:19 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rjmakk View Post
which part? we got a good crew of 8th scale racers in ABQ
pueblo.why?
Old 03-19-2018, 07:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

If this is truth I will be working on the city of Menifee or perris here in California to build a track for the kids around town who need a positive recreation, if anyone is interested in helping me figure this out message me I am always down for this

Last edited by Matt Piva; 03-20-2018 at 01:24 PM.
Old 03-20-2018, 11:20 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

IOP are you up to work with me and try and open a 1/8th track here in Orlando or in the outskirts of it? Maybe some more people want to join?
Old 03-20-2018, 12:54 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by snoborder73 View Post
pueblo.why?
Oh ok, Just wondering how close it would be to us. We have a race series called border wars and there's an event in CO Springs, ABQ, Amarillo, & El Paso.
token likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service