HELP XXX NT

Old 03-07-2018, 06:42 PM
Tech Rookie

Default HELP XXX NT

Will a redcat racing vx .16 work on my xxx nt?
Old 03-08-2018, 03:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

it might, I remember back in the nitro stadium truck days I ran .12 exclusively as per the rules but guys had .15/.18 motors in theirs for bashing.

I know you could on an RC10GT.

Hopefully someone else can chime in before your purchase.
Old 03-08-2018, 07:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Dude thanks man. And yea Iím pretty confident that it will bolt in just not to sure on the crankshaft. Itís a reg shaft I believe.
Old 03-08-2018, 07:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 192 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris123 View Post
Dude thanks man. And yea Iím pretty confident that it will bolt in just not to sure on the crankshaft. Itís a reg shaft I believe.
You need a threaded crank so the one with the pilot shaft will not work, also if this other motor is a pull start you either need to shim the motor up a little bit for the pull start to fit above the chassis or dremel off a little bit of the chassis where the pull start touches, also rotary carb or slide, but that's a matter of just changing the throttle servo around to make it work
Old 03-10-2018, 02:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Troubles Dad View Post
You need a threaded crank so the one with the pilot shaft will not work, also if this other motor is a pull start you either need to shim the motor up a little bit for the pull start to fit above the chassis or dremel off a little bit of the chassis where the pull start touches, also rotary carb or slide, but that's a matter of just changing the throttle servo around to make it work
So the one I bought has a threaded crank shaftand pull start. And my xxx nt came with a pull start Mach .15 side exhaust.
Old 03-10-2018, 03:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 192 (100%+)

As long as the exhausts are the same it should work, as chances are the engine mounts are taller or their are some shims under the engine mounts