Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
PNB   What tire ? >

PNB What tire ?

PNB What tire ?

Old 03-07-2018, 03:47 AM
Tech Initiate

Default PNB What tire ?

Hey fellas , going to attend PNB this year and trying to decide on which tires to run anyone have any suggestions , I'm from overseas and our track/dirt is completely different . Thanks in advance Mark
Old 03-07-2018, 04:23 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jammin Joe View Post
Hey fellas , going to attend PNB this year and trying to decide on which tires to run anyone have any suggestions , I'm from overseas and our track/dirt is completely different . Thanks in advance Mark
Some black round ones
Old 03-07-2018, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

They usually have alot of vendors on site with tires for sale. Last year I had good sucess with the pro line Fugitive I prefered the x4 compound over the x3. The previous year I ran jconcepts little chasers in green compound. Basically small pin/block tire in a soft or super soft compound will work well.
Old 03-09-2018, 03:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jammin Joe View Post
Last year it seemed like everyone started out with grids or triple dís and as the track broke in changed to reflex. Saw a lot of people running detox but I am not a good enough driver to make those work good. I spend too much time outside of the groove. It was pretty cold last year especially at night so we really only used super soft compound
Old 03-12-2018, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 123 (100%+)

Last year we ran mostly AKA gridirons. Super soft initially. As the track developed a groove and wear increased, we ended up on SS long wear on ebuggy, and we ran soft on the nitro buggy for the longer race time.
Old 03-21-2018, 08:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by jkas10 View Post
Last year we ran mostly AKA gridirons. Super soft initially. As the track developed a groove and wear increased, we ended up on SS long wear on ebuggy, and we ran soft on the nitro buggy for the longer race time.
Also looking for aka choices for my first pnb. Noticed Tebow runs DD and lutz impacts. Grids a better choice.