Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
2018 DNC Dirt Nitro Challenge >

2018 DNC Dirt Nitro Challenge

Like Tree63Likes

2018 DNC Dirt Nitro Challenge

Old 02-26-2018, 11:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

You do know max mort is a factory pro? I’m sure jq told him to run that class,easy win=advertisement.... biggest race win for his car thus far
Old 02-26-2018, 12:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hairymuffin View Post
You do know max mort is a factory pro? Iím sure jq told him to run that class,easy win=advertisement.... biggest race win for his car thus far
but still.

Wins a win. Could he of done it piloting another brand? Maybe, maybe not. Lets just give JQ the benefit of the doubt for once
Old 02-26-2018, 01:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Evoking1230 View Post
but still.

Wins a win. Could he of done it piloting another brand? Maybe, maybe not. Lets just give JQ the benefit of the doubt for once

What truck was JQ racing?

Turning off someone radio is a no no heard he was a dick but to go that far in a race is crazy!!!
Old 02-26-2018, 02:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tate13 View Post
What truck was JQ racing?

Turning off someone radio is a no no heard he was a dick but to go that far in a race is crazy!!!
Last I seen when he races truck, he runs AE
Old 02-26-2018, 03:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

You do know max mort is a factory pro? Iím sure jq told him to run that class,easy win=advertisement.... biggest race win for his car thus far

How do you figure easy win? That assumption is ridiculous.
BigInJapan likes this.
Old 02-26-2018, 03:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

AE truggy JQ ran, He claimed he made some carbon plates for the lower arms that Cav/Rivkin were using.
Old 02-26-2018, 05:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racingnewb View Post
AE truggy JQ ran, He claimed he made some carbon plates for the lower arms that Cav/Rivkin were using.
Supposedly he and Cav are close friends and spent the week before DNC practicing together.

Last edited by MX304; 02-26-2018 at 07:41 PM.
Old 02-26-2018, 05:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by captain america View Post
Big congrats to Ronnefalk for taking the win. Strangely enough, the podium is exactly the same as the last Worlds!

I'm guessing from the drastic change in pace from qualifying to the race that Figueiredo and Baruffolo were the guys feeding gyros to their cars? I mean seriously, from 2nd and 3rd in qualifying to 12 and dead last.
Not fair acusing guys of cheating with gyro without facts to back it up. Nonsense! And to be really honest on a blown out track like that there are far more important car set up choices that will make more of a difference than some guys gyro out of his basher.
underway likes this.
Old 02-26-2018, 05:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Yea but give maifield your truck and engine and he might only get 8mins. He just sold some truggies for associated lol. I guess he is no different than a ball player getting a mic shoved in his face after a rough game.
Then he must be pitting at six minutes in buggy.
Old 02-26-2018, 06:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

DNC: Joseph Quagraine addresses disqualification :: LiveRC.com - R/C Car News, Pictures, Videos, and More
Old 02-26-2018, 07:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by criss2115 View Post
Not fair acusing guys of cheating with gyro without facts to back it up. Nonsense! And to be really honest on a blown out track like that there are far more important car set up choices that will make more of a difference than some guys gyro out of his basher.
Reading comprehension fail, try again.
Old 02-26-2018, 07:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

when i first heard about the gyro issue at DNC, at first i thought someone put a AVC receiver in a car, or had it in a another receiver case, but that was not the issue.

i read about the various how or ways it can be done using mini gyros....so how was this known? have racers actually been caught and called out on this at races prior to DNC?

then at DNC with certain racers driving that looked exceptionally well, not expected. was anyone teched, caught, or was it just a rumor mill. "i know how to cheat and ???'s doing that good is cheating, etc." resulting in nothing more than a huge blanket announcement to reel drivers back?
Old 02-26-2018, 08:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fast-ho-cars View Post
when i first heard about the gyro issue at DNC, at first i thought someone put a AVC receiver in a car, or had it in a another receiver case, but that was not the issue.

i read about the various how or ways it can be done using mini gyros....so how was this known? have racers actually been caught and called out on this at races prior to DNC?

then at DNC with certain racers driving that looked exceptionally well, not expected. was anyone teched, caught, or was it just a rumor mill. "i know how to cheat and ???'s doing that good is cheating, etc." resulting in nothing more than a huge blanket announcement to reel drivers back?
In the interest of fairness, there hasn't been any solid evidence, just rumors. It basically started with this article:
DNC: Gyros, why do we care? :: LiveRC.com - R/C Car News, Pictures, Videos, and More

I might be mistaken, but the potential ramifications of getting caught using illegal tech seem so disproportionate to the gains that I can't imagine why someone would even attempt it... Not to mention the social stigma and just utter embarrassment of having to explain that you got caught cheating at a toy car race.
Old 02-26-2018, 08:28 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by captain america View Post
In the interest of fairness, there hasn't been any solid evidence, just rumors. It basically started with this article:
DNC: Gyros, why do we care? :: LiveRC.com - R/C Car News, Pictures, Videos, and More

I might be mistaken, but the potential ramifications of getting caught using illegal tech seem so disproportionate to the gains that I can't imagine why someone would even attempt it... Not to mention the social stigma and just utter embarrassment of having to explain that you got caught cheating at a toy car race.
if that were true, we wouldn't have Lance Armstrong, Ben Johnson, Marion Jones, Alex Rodriguez, Barry Bonds etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=Zad68VOxr8g
Old 02-26-2018, 09:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

There were rumors several years ago I heard about gyros being used in Europe. Supposedly the reason was to allow the car to get through high speed rough sections basically wide open. I don't remember all the details. The larger point was that it was for a very specific condition, on one section of the track, and they tuned the gyros effects focused on that part of the track. It's not to help guys crashing 4 times a lap.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service