Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
2018 DNC Dirt Nitro Challenge >

2018 DNC Dirt Nitro Challenge

Like Tree63Likes

2018 DNC Dirt Nitro Challenge

Old 02-25-2018, 01:05 PM
am
Tech Master

I have not tried them myself, but i have tried a bit rc helicopter. One way one learned me how to check the gyro was to move the helicopter rapidly sideways and check if the rear rotorblades moved.

Now, if it works the same in a car, as i belive it does, the steeringservo will correct the car instant, insted of me picking up whats going on, react and countersteer. I really belive it works, but i can not proove it. Now, if its like running a real car on a racetrack with ABS/ESP and whatnot compared to no driver aids at all, it is an advantage.

Why did F1 use tractioncontroll devices which delated them self if there where no advantage? Not a very good example but still :-)
Old 02-25-2018, 03:29 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by am
I have not tried them myself, but i have tried a bit rc helicopter. One way one learned me how to check the gyro was to move the helicopter rapidly sideways and check if the rear rotorblades moved.

Now, if it works the same in a car, as i belive it does, the steeringservo will correct the car instant, insted of me picking up whats going on, react and countersteer. I really belive it works, but i can not proove it. Now, if its like running a real car on a racetrack with ABS/ESP and whatnot compared to no driver aids at all, it is an advantage.

Why did F1 use tractioncontroll devices which delated them self if there where no advantage? Not a very good example but still :-)
F.I.A banned the devices, not the teams. they were making the cars faster but easier to drvie. Hence killing the show.
Old 02-25-2018, 03:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

JQ DQ for being a DB
achtung1970 likes this.
Old 02-25-2018, 04:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HaulinBass
JQ DQ for being a DB
What was he stickering that pissed everyone off
Old 02-25-2018, 04:10 PM
Tech Elite

it wasnt just the stickers, he shut off another racers radio during a race
called drake captain club race, pretty bold statement coming from someone who hasn't won anything really.
Old 02-25-2018, 04:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

It sucks that he has to be such a dick.
token likes this.
Old 02-25-2018, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by criss2115
What was he stickering that pissed everyone off
Everything. Other racers gear, all the track equipment, cars in the parking lot etc. Shutting off Ben Sterling's radio during a heat was the last straw.
Old 02-25-2018, 04:24 PM
Tech Elite

in all honesty his company probably wouldnt be as successful as it is if he wasn't.
as long as he faces the music for being that way every once in a while im okay with him being that way, still dont like him tho.
MX304 likes this.
Old 02-25-2018, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Seriously doubt any top pro drive could benefit from a gyro... it’s gotta feel weird,like another person making corrections for you.. not fun
E1 Diablo likes this.
Old 02-25-2018, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

What’s up with maifield throwing mugens truggy under the bus. Saying he pretty much lost because the associated truggy has a free’r drive train therefore giving them better run time. It’s hard to compare the 2 cars,different cars and different engines... c’mon man!!
Old 02-25-2018, 04:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

in all honesty his company probably wouldnt be as successful as it is if he wasn't.
as long as he faces the music for being that way every once in a while im okay with him being that way, still dont like him tho.
I don't know, He put up with a bunch of shit "about his first buggy" and stuck with it. And helped lots with different setups. But think he would sell lots more buggy's if he wasn't such a jerk.
Old 02-25-2018, 05:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

To further the Gyrogate debate, great little article here:

Let's Just Go Ahead and Make Electronic Stability Race-Legal - RC Car Action
Old 02-25-2018, 05:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Originally Posted by kaptain crash
I don't know, He put up with a bunch of shit "about his first buggy" and stuck with it. And helped lots with different setups. But think he would sell lots more buggy's if he wasn't such a jerk.
Completely agree, I had a JQ Gray that I ordered directly from his site. The threading in the motor mount was not taped correctly, so I emailed them about it and they responded with use a smaller screw. To which I said NO!!! send a new motor mount. Then they finally said let me run it by JQ and once he gives the okay we will send it out. So couple days later they sent it out. Anyway I was like what a joke of a company. Who the hell runs a company we’re they micro manage to that level. Needless to say I have since moved on to another brand. So really not surprised he got DQ, the guy is just a dick.
kaptain crash likes this.
Old 02-25-2018, 05:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hairymuffin
What’s up with maifield throwing mugens truggy under the bus. Saying he pretty much lost because the associated truggy has a free’r drive train therefore giving them better run time. It’s hard to compare the 2 cars,different cars and different engines... c’mon man!!
I pitted at 10 minutes all the time with my Mugen truck. The car never.
Old 02-25-2018, 05:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

called drake captain club race, pretty bold statement coming from someone who hasn't won anything really.
People respond to incentives, and he does stuff like this because mostly, they let him get away with it. Don't get me wrong, there are times when it's important to raise controversial topics, bring dissenting opinions to bear and challenge beliefs, but there's a way of doing these things that advances the dialogue and then there's just being a c*nt.

If enough race organizers start telling the guy to take a hike and don't bother coming back next year, he'll have to stop being a pouty tantrum-prone child, now won't he?
hairymuffin and kaptain crash like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.