Like Tree9Likes

WRENCH RC

Old 02-14-2018, 05:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default WRENCH RC

I'm starting this thread to offer 1/8th scale maintenance and rebuilds on off road vehicles.

This is something I have been thinking about for a couple years now.
I continue to see guys who don't finish qualifiers or mains. Other than breaking from a bad crash the reason is always the same. Guys don't maintain there vehicles. "Car has been in trunk of my car since the last time I ran!!!" Clutch bell bearings shot, battery not charged, parts bent, broken, missing.. I could go on all day. But the reason is ALWAYS the same..... TIME.... Guys don't have the time. Live, wife, work, children, family obligations. Or its Friday or Saturday night and they are exhausted pulling a 2 am wrenching session drinking beers and missing and messing things up.

You want to be able to go to the track and have a good time. Not trying to figure out what's wrong with your vehicle or searching the pits for missing or broken parts you don't have.

I have the time and enjoy wrenching. So I figured the extra cash will help fund this rc addiction and guys who don't have the time can have the piece of mind knowing they are showing up at the track with a functionally sound vehicle.

If your in the Continental United States. You can mail me your 1/8th scale RC I will service, maintain and rebuild it and mail it back. You can send me your parts as well. Or I can order any needed parts from absolutehobbyz. As long as I order by 2pm my packages show up by noon the next day.

Any and all parts removed from your vehicle will be bagged up and mailed back to you as well, along with any extras that were ordered. If your interested you can PM me here with questions or message my facebook account. Wrench RC
stanleyw808 likes this.
Old 02-14-2018, 05:43 PM
Tech Master

SAFE FOR UPDATES
Old 02-14-2018, 06:36 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

viva la WRENCH RC

great guy

wish you the best Brian !!!
Old 02-14-2018, 07:03 PM
Tech Regular

Brian is an absolute perfectionist on maintaining RC cars. Your car will be sent back probably better than it was new.... My Buggy and Truggy on the way after DNC, as wrenching is getting in the way of my golf.......Best of luck Brian....
Old 02-15-2018, 08:27 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Great idea and good luck. Bought a TKI4 from him, car was is fantastic condition.

Do you offer completely new kit builds as well?
Old 02-15-2018, 09:47 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mlax View Post
Great idea and good luck. Bought a TKI4 from him, car was is fantastic condition.

Do you offer completely new kit builds as well?
Yes I can do that as well. If your East Coast or purchase from Absolute, you can have it shipped directly to me Fed X home. It gets here next day as long as your orders in by 2 pm EST. I will do the build and ship it off to you.
Old 02-17-2018, 02:40 PM
Tech Master

Default Camber link jig

no eye balling nor close enough
Attached Thumbnails WRENCH RC-camber-link-jig-3-.jpg  
Old 02-18-2018, 12:49 AM
Tech Champion

Do not get me wrong but if you need someone else to mainain your car then in my opinion you have choosen the wrong hobby.
petersen114 and token like this.
Old 02-18-2018, 07:35 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
Do not get me wrong but if you need someone else to mainain your car then in my opinion you have choosen the wrong hobby.
Well there a loads of them. From new guys to guys racing for years.
Old 02-18-2018, 07:55 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Id say that depends. I can do the usual maintenance easily, but with a 3 yr old and a wife and 60 hours at work I have limited time for complete rebuilds or even for new kit builds without making or changing a lot of arrangements.
offroad dude likes this.
Old 02-21-2018, 10:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

sounds like a cool concept.

Wishing you the best of luck and prosperity!!!
Old 04-02-2018, 04:41 PM
Tech Master

Default Mugen MBX8

Sent this one off to AZ. Seems to be a quality buggy. Fit and finish was good. Drive train very free. Only 2 spots of concern. Front arms needed reaming and pins did not go through shock shaft ball ends.
Attached Thumbnails WRENCH RC-mugen-shock-ball-ends.jpg   WRENCH RC-mugen-arms.jpg   WRENCH RC-mugen-8-cropped.jpg  
Old 04-02-2018, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Thatís my Mugen👍 Would have taken me 2 months to build a roller with my work schedule. Iíve built plenty of kits in my life. Itís always great to build your own kit, but when Time is scarce, itís not enjoyable. Brian is meticulous 👍
Old 04-03-2018, 07:07 AM
Tech Rookie

Really? Why is that?
Old 04-03-2018, 07:30 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bif24701 View Post
Really? Why is that?
First of all, RC cars is a Hobby, a hobby is something you spend time with and put your knowledge in and also to expand your knowledge. To me it isn't a hobby anymore if you pay someone to do the simple maintenance and it would be less learnfull. If you have no time to do the maintenance but can find the time to drive the car then the priorities are wrong.
And seccond I would not like that others work on my car because other people think and build different than I do....

But to be honest, I also like to drive rather than to wrench on my car but when needed I do it.
stanleyw808 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service