Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree346Likes

Mugen MBX8

Hide Wikipost
Old 05-31-2019, 05:05 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Mugen MBX8
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: E1 Diablo
E2025 - MBX8 Worlds Edition - April, 2019

MUGE0240: Wide Offset Wheel Hubs 1mm 2pcs; The 1mm wide offset wheel hubs will increase stability and cornering.
MUGE2146: Inline Front Uprights; The E2146 inline front uprights have smoother steering compared to the stock E2147 trailing front uprights and work great in high traction conditions. E2146 uprights can be used with both CVA and universal style driveshafts.
MUGE2168: -3mm Front Upright Arm; The -3mm front upright arm improves the initial steering response and make the vehicle more stable through the middle and exit of the corner.. The new upright arms also reduce bump steer and make the vehicle more predictable in bumpy conditions.
MUGE2235: 46T Spur Gear; The 46 tooth HTD spur gear provides a great balance of acceleration and top-end speed.
MUGE2252: 12T Pinion Gear
MUGE2254: 42T Conical Gear; The optional 12T bevel gear when used with the 42T conical gear will change the final drive ratio and increase acceleration.
MUGE2260: Center Joint Cup.
MUGE2261: Center Front Dog Bone (84.5mm)
MUGE2262: Center Rear Dog Bone (115mm); The front and rear-center dogbones for the MBX8 reduce friction from the stock universal driveshafts. Less friction will give the vehicle a more efficient drivetrain, increase acceleration, and provide more traction. The dog bones are lightweight, durable, and will increase traction.
MUGE2428: Rear Wing Stay +15mm; The +15mm wing mount has more adjustment and will help increase mid corner rotation and be more stable in high speed conditions.

E2021 - MBX8 1/8 Nitro Buggy Kit

Chassis:
The MBX8 chassis features a new design that improves traction and stability in bumpy conditions and on the exit of corners. The steering post are also keyed into the MBX8 chassis for easier maintenance.

Differential & drive train:
High Traction Differentials are included in the MBX8. The Mugen Seiki HTD provides increased acceleration, longer runtime, and more consistent handling. The HTD's also increase stability, traction, and improve handling in bumpy conditions. The HTD has a new larger volume diff cup to increase consistency during long main events. This makes it easier to time rhythm sections, better in bumpy and low grip conditions, helps to increase traction, and increases fuel mileage.

The new gearbox makes allows you to remove and service the differentials without detaching the suspension arm mounts. Easy access to the front and rear differential.

New straight cut 13T bevel gear & 44T conical gear. The new straight cut bevel and conical gears increase acceleration, runtime, and efficiency. A free and efficient drive train will also increase speeds while cornering.

Light weight one-piece wing mount:
The new lightweight one-piece wing mount lower the center of gravity. The position of the wing and wing mount is optimized to improve the performance of vehicle. The height of the wing mount is adjustable. This allows you to control the down force on the rear of the vehicle by simply raising or lowering the mount on the shock tower.

Light weight high down-force wing:
The new IFMAR legal wing is lightweight and provides amazing down force and cornering. The underside of the wing uses a new design to reduced weight and creates additional down-force.

Suspension:
New suspension mounts. The FF/FR/RF/RR are new for the MBX8.
The front and rear lower arms use a new impact resistant material for increased durability. The new arms are box-shaped and include arm stiffeners to reduce flex and increase durability. Adjusting the hardness of the lower suspension arms is now possible. This allows you to fine tune the steering and traction from track to track. CFRP plates will be released as an option part.

Center differential mount & plate:
The center differential mounts use a stiffer material and has a new top plate to reduce chassis flex and increases clutch bell, spur gear, and clutch bearing life. The reduced chassis flex also provides more consistent handling in all conditions. The top plate design also makes it easier to adjust the brakes and easier maintenance.

Enclosed Battery box and updated carbon fiber radio plate:
The MBX8 still uses a flat 2S Lipo or Life battery, but the receiver battery is now enclosed in a molded battery box. The battery box allows for quick and easy access to the battery. The molded box also helps protect the battery from hard impacts. The battery box is mounted to an updated carbon fiber radio plate.

Other new parts and upgrades:
Body, Clamping Servo Saver Nut, F/R Shock Towers, Front bumper, Front center and rear center universal joint.

Mugen Seiki MBX8 Manual

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2018, 11:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 91junior
does any of the Pro’s do “pro builds”.
Im away for work for over a month and wanted two kits built for the titles when I get back end of June. I shouldn’t have sold my cars last month.
Don't think any of the pros do, but you may want to message Adam to ask.

Mugen/Tim Long does offer build services:
Mugen Seiki Racing Pro Build
Old 05-17-2018, 01:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

does any of the Pro’s do “pro builds”.
Im away for work for over a month and wanted two kits built for the titles when I get back end of June. I shouldn’t have sold my cars last month.
I can do it. I’ve built and done rebuilds for many customers. Checkout my instagram page for pics @ mtr_rc
Old 05-17-2018, 03:28 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BrakeTurnAccelerate
Don't think any of the pros do, but you may want to message Adam to ask.

Mugen/Tim Long does offer build services:
Mugen Seiki Racing Pro Build

thanks mate. Messaged Tim on Facebook but hasn’t responded yet
Old 05-17-2018, 07:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

thanks mate. Messaged Tim on Facebook but hasn’t responded yet
[email protected]
Old 05-17-2018, 04:21 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for your help guys.

Has anyone ran the Lelasi tuned Novarossi’s ? I’m thinking of giving one a go. I’ve only always had OS however I run the Lelasi tuned Nova’s in my onroad cars and they seem pretty quick and reliable.
Old 05-18-2018, 07:09 PM
AHK
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I’m thinking the Novarossi Mito 4 for my build. What do you all think?
Old 05-19-2018, 10:40 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by AHK
I’m thinking the Novarossi Mito 4 for my build. What do you all think?
We used to run them. They are great for a buggy with good mileage and not over powered.
Old 05-20-2018, 10:00 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jmackani
We used to run them. They are great for a buggy with good mileage and not over powered.

im going to go the Ielasi Tuned Hammer 7T nova I think. Apparently got heaps of power for buggy
Old 05-21-2018, 04:26 AM
Tech Champion

im going to go the Ielasi Tuned Hammer 7T nova I think. Apparently got heaps of power for buggy
Heaps of power and buggy usually make a handful to control. Word to the wise.
debocurl5.0 and AHK like this.
Old 05-21-2018, 11:09 AM
Tech Rookie

Ran the MBX8 for the first time yesterday. First impressions from the MBX7r, the Car has much more steering, and after a couple tanks of fuel has just as much rear grip with much faster cornering. We ended up putting the 1.5 trailing uprights on and for me picked up even more steering. The car was much faster through the corner but was not quite as easy to hold on too. For me personally it was well worth putting the new uprights on as I liked the more steering. Several big jumps on this layout with 3 MBX8s yesterday and not 1 broken part.
Old 05-21-2018, 01:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by currymcflury
Ran the MBX8 for the first time yesterday. First impressions from the MBX7r, the Car has much more steering, and after a couple tanks of fuel has just as much rear grip with much faster cornering. We ended up putting the 1.5 trailing uprights on and for me picked up even more steering. The car was much faster through the corner but was not quite as easy to hold on too. For me personally it was well worth putting the new uprights on as I liked the more steering. Several big jumps on this layout with 3 MBX8s yesterday and not 1 broken part.
it comes with the 1.5 uprights stock. did you build it with the other ones?
Anunnaki likes this.
Old 05-21-2018, 02:02 PM
Tech Rookie

So after some checking the kit does come with the 1.5s and the spindles I had picked up were MUGE2146 which are not trailing. So come to find out the non trailing has given me more steering. I got them from a buddy at the track with no package and he wanted me to try them. Sorry for the confusion as I was confused after running part numbers as well.
Old 05-21-2018, 06:32 PM
AHK
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Nice. What are you running in your mbx8 or recommendations?

Originally Posted by jmackani
Old 05-21-2018, 06:37 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by AHK
Nice. What are you running in your mbx8 or recommendations?

Tessman os speed b2101.
Old 05-22-2018, 05:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Before I state this.... I know, I know. Nobody has messed up an arm, mbx8 is perfect etc.

I’ve gone through 2 arms already. There is a reason AE caps the ends of their arms with alu collars. If anyone makes a solution to this issue, let me know. It’s gonna become more prevalent if the truggy comes out like this. Seems like the plastic is softer. The pillow ball threaded stud ovalizes plastic hole

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.