Like Tree232Likes

Mugen MBX8

Hide Wikipost
Old 01-13-2018, 11:02 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Mugen MBX8
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: E1 Diablo
E2021 - MBX8 1/8 Nitro Buggy Kit

Chassis:
The MBX8 chassis features a new design that improves traction and stability in bumpy conditions and on the exit of corners. The steering post are also keyed into the MBX8 chassis for easier maintenance.

Differential & drive train:
High Traction Differentials are included in the MBX8. The Mugen Seiki HTD provides increased acceleration, longer runtime, and more consistent handling. The HTD's also increase stability, traction, and improve handling in bumpy conditions. The HTD has a new larger volume diff cup to increase consistency during long main events. This makes it easier to time rhythm sections, better in bumpy and low grip conditions, helps to increase traction, and increases fuel mileage.

The new gearbox makes allows you to remove and service the differentials without detaching the suspension arm mounts. Easy access to the front and rear differential.

New straight cut 13T bevel gear & 44T conical gear. The new straight cut bevel and conical gears increase acceleration, runtime, and efficiency. A free and efficient drive train will also increase speeds while cornering.

Light weight one-piece wing mount:
The new lightweight one-piece wing mount lower the center of gravity. The position of the wing and wing mount is optimized to improve the performance of vehicle. The height of the wing mount is adjustable. This allows you to control the down force on the rear of the vehicle by simply raising or lowering the mount on the shock tower.

Light weight high down-force wing:
The new IFMAR legal wing is lightweight and provides amazing down force and cornering. The underside of the wing uses a new design to reduced weight and creates additional down-force.

Suspension:
New suspension mounts. The FF/FR/RF/RR are new for the MBX8.
The front and rear lower arms use a new impact resistant material for increased durability. The new arms are box-shaped and include arm stiffeners to reduce flex and increase durability. Adjusting the hardness of the lower suspension arms is now possible. This allows you to fine tune the steering and traction from track to track. CFRP plates will be released as an option part.

Center differential mount & plate:
The center differential mounts use a stiffer material and has a new top plate to reduce chassis flex and increases clutch bell, spur gear, and clutch bearing life. The reduced chassis flex also provides more consistent handling in all conditions. The top plate design also makes it easier to adjust the brakes and easier maintenance.

Enclosed Battery box and updated carbon fiber radio plate:
The MBX8 still uses a flat 2S Lipo or Life battery, but the receiver battery is now enclosed in a molded battery box. The battery box allows for quick and easy access to the battery. The molded box also helps protect the battery from hard impacts. The battery box is mounted to an updated carbon fiber radio plate.

Other new parts and upgrades:
Body, Clamping Servo Saver Nut, F/R Shock Towers, Front bumper, Front center and rear center universal joint.

Mugen Seiki MBX8 Manual

Print Wikipost

Old 12-12-2018, 12:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by hyperfuxx View Post
Because you get 3 for the price of one and the mugen booger up over time and look like sheet
ok
Old 12-12-2018, 06:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hyperfuxx View Post
Does anybody know if the AE sway bars fit the mugen?
Yes, they fit fine and are much less expensive.
Anunnaki likes this.
Old 01-01-2019, 05:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

On the same subject does someone knows if the Sworkz Antiroll bars fit the Mugen as well ? Looks very close and you can buy packs quite cheap.
Anunnaki likes this.
Old 01-05-2019, 03:19 AM
Tech Adept

What are you fellas running in diffs for medium tracks ?
Old 01-05-2019, 04:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

5/5/3
Old 01-05-2019, 05:58 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tom1974 View Post
5/5/3
similar to what I run in my Kyosho TKI4. I was going to try 6/6/4 but I guess Iíll start with the 5/5/3 😁
thanks mate
Old 01-05-2019, 08:01 PM
Tech Rookie

Got my second run on my mbx8 today. Super dusty and super loose track about 24-25c. Soft blockade.. adam drake low grip setup... non trailing front uprights... avid long rear shock mounts... kit diff oils(5 5 2) kit pistons 550f 450r mugen oil. 2.3 front and 2.7 rear bars.

was using a picco star and vp 4 shoe 1.0 clutch setup

car is way more consistent and a bit faster around this track than my old jq black edition with all the options. Love it...
going to try the new wing mount.. ackerman plate things and the 2.5 rear bar but i feel it might make the rear want to stick too much and not slide around the cornor like intended
Anunnaki likes this.

Last edited by MonsterJuice; 01-06-2019 at 01:45 PM.
Old 01-08-2019, 04:37 PM
ASA
Tech Adept

Is anyone running or has tried the Prostar RC brake system with split centre diff mount on the mbx8 ?....thoughts?
link: https://prostarrc.ecwid.com/RC8B3-MB...stem-p72003424
Anunnaki likes this.
Old 01-09-2019, 03:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by shannow View Post
On the same subject does someone knows if the Sworkz Antiroll bars fit the Mugen as well ? Looks very close and you can buy packs quite cheap.
Hi i would like to know too if they fit on Mbx8 !!
Thanks everybody !!!

Last edited by maximax; 01-10-2019 at 02:25 PM.
Old 01-12-2019, 02:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by maximax View Post
Hi i would like to know too if they fit on Mbx8 !!
Thanks everybody !!!
Nobody to tell me that ???????
Anunnaki likes this.
Old 01-13-2019, 04:07 PM
ASA
Tech Adept

I will try and have a look tonight at sway bars as I have the mbx8 and an Sworkz Evo2 buggy
Old 01-13-2019, 10:56 PM
ASA
Tech Adept

Just had a look at both of my buggys and yes it looks like the Sworkz sway bars from my S350- Evo2 will fit the mbx8👍
Old 01-14-2019, 01:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ASA View Post
Just had a look at both of my buggys and yes it looks like the Sworkz sway bars from my S350- Evo2 will fit the mbx8👍
​​​​​​Thanks !!!!!