Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Latest Buggy Kits >

Latest Buggy Kits

Like Tree1Likes

Latest Buggy Kits

Old 10-19-2017, 10:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Latest Buggy Kits

Whats up fellas, I put some money aside and nearly got a TLR SCT410.3 but i decided to go Nitro buggy last minute as they seem to be more popular in south florida. Plus, I just like the way they handle as opposed to SCTs. Now my question is what do you guys think are the best kits on the market now. I am thinking between the Mugen MBX7R vs TLR 8IGHT 4.0. Also any other suggestions are welcome. Asusual 'nuff respect' for all da feedback!
Old 10-20-2017, 06:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

They are 2 totally different cars, Mugen's are known as the stable car. Try to drive both of them at your local track. If hobby shop support is important to you I would consider that as well. I like the mugen since it's pretty much never terrible, it's always pretty good if not great.
Old 10-20-2017, 07:14 AM
Tech Master

Have a look at the JQ Racing Black Edition, pretty good buggy from everything I've read & the best customer support & help you can ask for.
Not in a great deal of hobby shops but Amain & a few smaller shops have them & there is a JQ Racing internet store as well, well worth a look, hope to have mine over here in Australia in the next week.
Old 10-20-2017, 12:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by ozziii View Post
Have a look at the JQ Racing Black Edition, pretty good buggy from everything I've read & the best customer support & help you can ask for.
Not in a great deal of hobby shops but Amain & a few smaller shops have them & there is a JQ Racing internet store as well, well worth a look, hope to have mine over here in Australia in the next week.
Didnt think of that but I will check it out. heading to the track tomorrow so what the vibe is. My brother just a TLR RTR 3.0 but im not sure if thats my thing. He loves it tho.
Old 10-20-2017, 12:26 PM
Tech Initiate

I just bought a mugen mbx7R i was the same as you thinking about going electric but the nitro always wins for me not only is it more popular but it's more fun more things to do and you get satisfaction out of tuning the engine yourself, no offensive to anyone with an electric buggy they are pretty impressive but I can't help preferring the nitro engine the noise the smell everything.

But as getting back to the mugen it's pretty damn awesome very strong buggy looks awesome and has been around a while now and no one has a bad word to say about them. Go for the mugen
Old 10-20-2017, 09:49 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mugenyute View Post
Whats up fellas, I put some money aside and nearly got a TLR SCT410.3 but i decided to go Nitro buggy last minute as they seem to be more popular in south florida. Plus, I just like the way they handle as opposed to SCTs. Now my question is what do you guys think are the best kits on the market now. I am thinking between the Mugen MBX7R vs TLR 8IGHT 4.0. Also any other suggestions are welcome. Asusual 'nuff respect' for all da feedback!

If you want a easy to drive stable car go with kyosho. Its so good its almost like cheating. No fooling around with setup for different tracks just put tebo's setup and drive itits so good. Hot bodies is really good too.

Mugen are decent, other brands take more skill to drive it fast tho. Losi are fast and good for the hero laps but from what I've seen but twitchy same wit tekno
Old 10-21-2017, 01:14 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by tate13 View Post
If you want a easy to drive stable car go with kyosho. Its so good its almost like cheating. No fooling around with setup for different tracks just put tebo's setup and drive itits so good. Hot bodies is really good too.

Mugen are decent, other brands take more skill to drive it fast tho. Losi are fast and good for the hero laps but from what I've seen but twitchy same wit tekno
Kyosho seems to be the best one from the research ive been doing. only thing is its $700 for the kit or would i be fine starting off with the rtr??

MP9 TKI3 T1

https://www.amainhobbies.com/kyosho-...889t1b/p439794
Old 10-21-2017, 10:23 AM
Tech Adept

I would skip the rtr as you will end up spending more money in the long term upgrading it to kit spec
Old 10-21-2017, 10:27 AM
Tech Adept

Kyosho seems to be the best one from the research ive been doing. only thing is its $700 for the kit or would i be fine starting off with the rtr??

MP9 TKI3 T1

https://www.amainhobbies.com/kyosho-...889t1b/p439794

No go used off of the for sale thread or eBay

I picked up a kyosho tki 3 a few years back for 200 wish
Parts are cheap at dollar hobbies. RTR buggies they come come with weaker parts and u will get a DNF first time on track
Old 10-21-2017, 11:05 AM
Tech Initiate

Alright so I will def look into the kit then

https://www.amainhobbies.com/kyosho-...33001b/p488711

is it a good build for my first kit? I have a decent bit of knowledge about the hobby just never built a kit on my own before
Old 10-21-2017, 12:49 PM
Tech Adept

Alright so I will def look into the kit then

https://www.amainhobbies.com/kyosho-...33001b/p488711

is it a good build for my first kit? I have a decent bit of knowledge about the hobby just never built a kit on my own before

The build is pretty easy make sure u locktite metal to metal and shim diff's correctly
Old 10-25-2017, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

Either one of these cars would be fine. K car is for ballers.
Old 10-26-2017, 07:23 PM
Tech Adept

If your wanting a reasonably priced and from what Iíve experience so far has been a great race kit. From having easy instructions for the build to Performance on the track, iI recommend any of the buggies from Tekno. Amain hobbies has the tekno NB48.3 for $389 right now and they have a coupon for $25 off. So $364 for a race kit. Not too bad in my opinion for a nitro buggy kit. I built mine back in April and have just recently had time to get it out on the track and Iím very pleased, I bought mine for $450 at the time since they had just released the 48.4. Teknoís buggies are built like a tank. & with a couple upgrades and you could have the equivalent of a nb48.4 if you felt the need to upgrade. Whereas with Losi and Mugen you are spending atleast $600 for the kit right off. & Iím not bashing Mugen, or Losi kits, they are excellent vehicles, but if $$$ is a concern at all, I would take a look at tekno. If money isnít a concern, I would pick whichever kit you have part support for, if you have a local hobby shop, or the more popular of the two that other people are racing at your track. That way they can lead you in the right direction with tunning and setup if needed
Old 10-26-2017, 07:29 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tate13 View Post
No go used off of the for sale thread or eBay

I picked up a kyosho tki 3 a few years back for 200 wish
Parts are cheap at dollar hobbies. RTR buggies they come come with weaker parts and u will get a DNF first time on track
+1 Agreed, I would Buy a used Kit before a RTR. You will be surprised how much breaks if you overshoot a big triple at the track a few times. Kit letís you build it the way you want. It took me 2 months to acquire everything I needed to comeplete my buggy due to higher price tags on 1/8 Gear. But in the end, it was totally worth it
Old 10-27-2017, 07:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Mugenyute wassup man I sent you a PM I would not suggest a RTR if you are going to race better to invest that into a proper kit .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.