Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Nebraska/Iowa Racing
Tamiya Championship Series 2016 TCS >

Tamiya Championship Series 2016 TCS

Tamiya Championship Series 2016 TCS

Reply

Old 01-08-2016, 09:15 AM
  #1  
Tech Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (103)
 
Core Creations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Back in the booth
Posts: 5,955
Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)
Default Tamiya Championship Series 2016 TCS

It's that time again! Can't wait to get all the blue bling back together!
Core Creations is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 09:30 AM
  #2  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (14)
 
golgi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: NE
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default



Yes, looking forward to it as always! If someone notices the registration open up, please post a headsup here. Thanks
golgi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 10:02 AM
  #3  
Tech Master
iTrader: (6)
 
kwkride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 1,141
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Best race of the year!
kwkride is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 09:21 AM
  #4  
Tech Initiate
iTrader: (3)
 
Mattrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Bellevue, NE
Posts: 31
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

I think it's gonna be a little light on F1 racers this year due to the rule change on motors. :/

Which really bums me out because I really had fun last year. Even though some dude did steal my trophy!
Mattrix is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 05:51 PM
  #5  
Tech Master
iTrader: (27)
 
MrLesac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 1,737
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

I'm excited to race but just unsure of what classes to run this year. Mini, gt2, gt3? Is anyone planning on running the gt pro spec? I've even got a fwd I'll bring if I have someone to race against.
MrLesac is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 05:53 PM
  #6  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (14)
 
golgi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: NE
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

F1 and GT1 are the ones I'm planning to race. In the past the GT1 class was 13.5. But I noticed that the rules page doesn't list any specific turn of motor this time. So they must be in the process of changing this. Which hopefully means they use a slower motor as it's a handful with 13.5!

Last edited by golgi; 01-12-2016 at 06:04 PM.
golgi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 05:55 PM
  #7  
Tech Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (103)
 
Core Creations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Back in the booth
Posts: 5,955
Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)
Default

I looked at the GT pro spec just didn't want to have to p/u another Mach 3 motor.
Core Creations is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 05:59 PM
  #8  
Tech Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (103)
 
Core Creations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Back in the booth
Posts: 5,955
Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)
Default

I know I'm in for GT1 and possibly GT2.
Core Creations is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 04:32 AM
  #9  
Tech Master
iTrader: (6)
 
kwkride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 1,141
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

I think it's time to try my TA05 V2 in GT2
kwkride is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 04:49 AM
  #10  
Tech Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (103)
 
Core Creations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Back in the booth
Posts: 5,955
Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by golgi View Post
F1 and GT1 are the ones I'm planning to race. In the past the GT1 class was 13.5. But I noticed that the rules page doesn't list any specific turn of motor this time. So they must be in the process of changing this. Which hopefully means they use a slower motor as it's a handful with 13.5!
http://www.tamiyausa.com/tcs/tcs.php?article-id=529

Looks like it's still 13.5... Just need a slow one that's tame!
Core Creations is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 06:09 AM
  #11  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (58)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: ashland NE
Posts: 523
Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default

anyone gt pro spec? or spec/novice?
josh
josh_todd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 06:42 AM
  #12  
Tech Master
iTrader: (27)
 
MrLesac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 1,737
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Id love to run gt pro spec, but I need to see what I can get a reedy motor for.

Tim, did you ever see if you could get a bulk of the reedy motors at a decent price?
MrLesac is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 09:03 AM
  #13  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (14)
 
golgi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: NE
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Core Creations View Post
http://www.tamiyausa.com/tcs/tcs.php?article-id=529

Looks like it's still 13.5... Just need a slow one that's tame!
Ah ok, I was looking at the wrong page. I was under the classes section. Good to know. Yeah, I'll just have to turn down my throttle a little.
golgi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 10:07 AM
  #14  
Tech Initiate
iTrader: (3)
 
Mattrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Bellevue, NE
Posts: 31
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MrLesac View Post
Tim, did you ever see if you could get a bulk of the reedy motors at a decent price?
I talked with Tim about this on Sunday when we were discussing the F1 motor rule change from 21.5 to Reedy only 25.5. At that time there was still no answer.

We can hope but even if the motor is $80 instead of $100 I still think I'm going to pass. At least as far as I'm aware we're still running UF1 specs for Club and Winter series racing (I'd heard rumors of USVTA rules coming out and possibly being adopted, and then heard nothing more) and I really don't feel like buying another motor and changing everything around for just one race.

Has anyone heard anything solid on why Tamiya wants to slow down F1 anyway?
Mattrix is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 10:19 AM
  #15  
Tech Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (103)
 
Core Creations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Back in the booth
Posts: 5,955
Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Mattrix View Post
I talked with Tim about this on Sunday when we were discussing the F1 motor rule change from 21.5 to Reedy only 25.5. At that time there was still no answer.

We can hope but even if the motor is $80 instead of $100 I still think I'm going to pass. At least as far as I'm aware we're still running UF1 specs for Club and Winter series racing (I'd heard rumors of USVTA rules coming out and possibly being adopted, and then heard nothing more) and I really don't feel like buying another motor and changing everything around for just one race.

Has anyone heard anything solid on why Tamiya wants to slow down F1 anyway?
My understanding is it's because of the new short stack motors. I guess they were really starting to see a boost in speed for those using the short stack motors that they went the reedy spec way. I think it's a little more of a pain for the early races in the season but I understand the reason. I say keep it for at least 3 years. If we're all still running an M3 reedy (old tech in a year or two) we'll still all be on a level playing field.
Core Creations is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service