R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nebraska/Iowa Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nebraska-iowa-racing-76/)
-   -   for those that seem concerned-- (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nebraska-iowa-racing/789498-those-seem-concerned.html)

farmerphil22 01-30-2014 01:49 AM

for those that seem concerned--

I won't drag the Hobbyplex chat thread down to the level it became yesterday afternoon out of respect, but will post it here for ya'll to see. As far as I'm concerned the posts made and this thread can be deleted once those involved see it. You can leave the links and the pictures, I'm sure some would enjoy some of them.

All I wish I could say is “NICE”—must have touched a nerve or two!!

Yep, it is sad that the topic had to be brought up again in the first place by “dam”, was told wrong and had to be corrected by “slim”. I happen to know it is his only stock motor he has to run in his truck Saturday.

And yes Alex, I’m shaking my head right now. To take what I said was a dumb rule and make that out as I’m calling you dumb, I’ll guess I’ll say “whatever”. I would hope you know I respect you more than that as I would hope you would respect me and what I have to say. And guys, I want to let you know just how long I’ve known Alex—

1999 Winter Championships at Chillicothe, first big race ever held there—who’s that in the hat on the end??
http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/a.../picture15.jpg

1999 Regionals at Chillicothe
http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/a...psca50ceba.jpg

When ROAR approved the D3.5 17.5 and then said “no” after a year of manufacture was stupid. ROAR made a mistake, realized their mistake and backed off. I could go on further as to why and my feelings about that, but I won’t. Many have heard me talk about it.

By Hobbyplex’s rules stated here in the beginning of 2013 Summer Series thread

Link

It was illegal at the Hobbyplex during the time period it was disqualified by ROAR(I guess the only track I know of in the area that was doing it), but not after it was reinstated according to the “rules”. I guess maybe I am a stickler for the few offroad techs and rules we have and to stick by them once they are down in writing. I've said that before. I guess we get off pretty easy compared to some other types of R/C racing. If you wanted to adjust your rules after the fact, I guess that is a choice for the track owner, but I don’t have to agree it’s right. I showed my disapproval at the time by not showing up, not on here. My choice—

As for being a cheater, here you go—

Link to ROAR motors

I believe the D3.5 17.5 is on that list as of right now. Yep, I’m a cheater and so is “dam” in your eyes. That’s nice. By the way, here was my cheating REVTECH

video 1

Video 2

We actually had to go through tech at this race, top 3, twice.
Same here, where we actually had handout motors and tires

video 1

video 2

16 year cheater here, about 15 years of it offroad R/C racing and bashing.

As for mod truck, I would prefer running it anyday, you can ask anybody that knows me—

Mod video Hobbyplex

Just a week ago

I ran it Tuesday night also, but love to run my “baby” for the competition. The year or so that I was out of R/C racing, stock stadium truck had basically died out. Yah, there was then “super stock 13.5”, but timing was allowed and was and is basically a “mod spec” class. Limit a mod class with rules, you limit the entries you get. Hard to get guys on a club level to race mod truck anyway. So glad to see stock and mod stadium truck come back again and the classes are pretty strong here in Des Moines. Don’t know but hope I am part of the reason why.

Most of the people I know use or have used a stock D3.5, because they were and are as of now ROAR legal. Most tracks they were still legal to run even though ROAR didn’t think they were at the time, people had spent money to use them when they were legal to run before the “ruling” otherwise. Sorry, don’t make stock a class where you have to have the newest, best, or limit entries because of cost at a club race level. This is where your new “hooked” racers start from, and the cost of the hobby can be staggering for a new racer.

The summer series is a club level race series.

Jason, I guess I really don’t know how to take your post, but if what I said in my first post, especially the last paragraph makes me an “a-hole”, so be it. It’s the truth. If that wasn’t directed at me, sorry for bringing it up.

Yep, all I wish I could say was “NICE”, but I’ll really say I’m disappointed—:(

Phil

farmerphil22 01-30-2014 02:06 AM

By the way, Alex raced awesome at these races at the links below, glad to be a part of those races, I do enjoy racing with him and consider him a friend--I guess if some took my post the wrong way or think otherwise, so be it--I guess I'll say I'm sorry once again. Nice to reminisce(sp??)--

video 1

video 2

Phil

egobrkr 01-30-2014 03:52 AM

I think what is going on with this motor in question is in my opinion is it's not legal. Please correct me if I am wrong. If a motor is legal is it legal forever? The d3 17.5t is only going to be on the roar list for about 2 more months. My understanding from Ernie is they did that to save legal fees and give people the chance to run the motor they just paid for and not have angry racers. This is not the only track that was not allowing that motor use. This is a touchy subject that I think will be over in 2 months. In my opinion I could care less what motor you run but if the track says no then don't use that motor.

Derek_Wood 01-30-2014 07:01 AM

Phil, nobody is going to care if you come over and run a d3.5 on a club night. There really isnt an issue worth arguing about here. Some didnt agree with Alex's decision for the series last year, but we accepted it and moved on. While iy might be someone's only motor, if you allow it then others without the d3.5 can feel like they have to go buy it to be competitive.

I hope to see you racing with us this weekend.

mxtoeknee 01-30-2014 07:28 AM

My OS Speed should be illegal. That motor is philthy!

Muhahahahagagaha

T

PVoelker 01-30-2014 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by mxtoeknee (Post 12958206)
My OS Speed should be illegal. That motor is philthy!

Muhahahahagagaha

T

Tony, funniest thing I have read in a looooong time.

Phil, big fan! Love your passion.

All,if you want to run stock at the plex and feel like your motor is in question send me a PM and I will make sure you have a 17.5 that will not get any attention at all. Its easy bum my motor for the race, take it out when you head home.

tripd27 01-30-2014 07:50 AM

Since I was the first to respond to the post about if you can run a D3.5 or not, I apologize if i provided a correct or incorrect answer. I guess I should have left the question open for Alex to answer since he is the race director and has the final say i whether you can run it or not. To me it really does not matter what you run, all I care about is having fun with good people. I hope to see you all this weekend. If Alex does say no to the D3.5 on club nights, find me and I have a spare 17.5 I will loan someone for the night.

P.S. Awesome Pictures, thanks for sharing

FroBoy 01-30-2014 08:41 AM

I'm not going to rehash my decision to not allow the D3.5. The fact is it still isn't a legal motor, otherwise it would stay on the list after March 30th.

I believe our stock class is the largest every night because I don't allow the motor.

As far as the dumb thing, I'm not mad at you Phil, or anyone that doesn't agree with my decisions as race director. If I was, I would write a much longer diatribe than a picture of Kane clapping for Susan's talentless performance.

:D

PERROTTO 02-01-2014 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by farmerphil22 (Post 12957686)

Jason, I guess I really don’t know how to take your post, but if what I said in my first post, especially the last paragraph makes me an “a-hole”, so be it. It’s the truth. If that wasn’t directed at me, sorry for bringing it up.

Yep, all I wish I could say was “NICE”, but I’ll really say I’m disappointed—:(

Phil

Ha, no Phil your not an ahole. My pic wasn't meant to be epic I just thought it was friggin hilarious.

And Tony B: if your engine is illegal then mine should be banned since I'm always blowin by you on the strait. Bahahahaha. Braaaaap!