2013/2014 Dirt Oval

Old 12-04-2013, 05:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default 2013/2014 Dirt Oval

I didn't see a thread for this so I hope its ok that I start one.

I just have a couple of questions. I have read the rules regarding your 360 sprint class and I was wondering how lenient you are on the whole spec battery rule. I want to come over there and race but don't want to buy a new battery just for your track. I get having a spec tire and that's not too big of a deal, but does the battery really make that much difference?

I run a Racers Edge 6000 75C and while it doesn't conform to your rules, I don't see it being that big of an advantage over a 4000 mah 45C battery.

If you wont allow it then I understand. Ill just buy a mod motor and run it open. although Im set up to run 13.5 minus the bandito tires.

Thanks guys and we'll see ya soon!

Cory
Old 12-05-2013, 10:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

i dont see it as a huge problem personaly but i can lend you a thunder power battery that fits in the rules if theres any complaints
Old 12-05-2013, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cory B View Post
I just have a couple of questions. I have read the rules regarding your 360 sprint class and I was wondering how lenient you are on the whole spec battery rule. I want to come over there and race but don't want to buy a new battery just for your track. I get having a spec tire and that's not too big of a deal, but does the battery really make that much difference?

I run a Racers Edge 6000 75C and while it doesn't conform to your rules, I don't see it being that big of an advantage over a 4000 mah 45C battery.

If you wont allow it then I understand. Ill just buy a mod motor and run it open. although Im set up to run 13.5 minus the bandito tires.

Thanks guys and we'll see ya soon!

Cory
The main reason for the "spec" battery is to control costs. The RE battery you have is $100 vs $35 for the Peak battery that the rule was based from. That being said, unfortunately, the Peak battery doesn't fit well into some chassis. Because if this, I've been some what lenient on the battery rule. As long as you have a pack that is not way more Mah, C rating & $$, I'd let it slide for now. But, the pack you have hits all three.

I run the Peak battery in my B-Mod and it's on par with everyone else. But, I can definitely see a slight difference in the last minute versus cars that run higher Mah batteries. I don't think the C rating comes into play very much we're probably not pulling enough amps in any high wind spec class. Just the $$ of the pack goes as the C rating does.

As the numbers in the "360" class grow over the winter, I'll be watching how things progress modify the rules as needed. I can say this, "360" will have one "spec" battery that fits in any chassis and will most likely have one "spec" motor as well!!

After all that Corey, I say get some Banditos and come on out and have some fun!!

Tim Ski
Old 12-05-2013, 04:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks for the info and the reply Tim!

Ill get some Banditos mounted up and we'll see you on the 21st!

do you guys use the 4wd fronts? ive searched and that's all I can find for bandito fronts. also, do you recommend the C3 or C2 compound?

Cory

Last edited by Cory B; 12-05-2013 at 04:40 PM.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

C3 are softer and work better and yes for 4wd fronts....it will be nice seeing new faces at the track welcome!